Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

fanofrem 09-13-2018 08:29 PM

One of their worst song ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-13-2018 09:19 PM

Horrible song and performance.

DavetheGodofKeys 09-13-2018 09:25 PM

This cr*p is maybe one of the worst things they've created but Jon still insists on playing it... seriously I sometimes question Jon's decisions.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-14-2018 12:19 AM

I bet if there's a BJ concert with boys only, We Got It Going On wouldn't be played!
at least they just said again "Live footage will be added every Thursday"

Rdkopper 09-14-2018 12:55 AM

His dancing is bothering me...

When you're young and cool, you can pull off anything... as he gets older and loses that cool factor, it's now becoming very awkward...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 09-14-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1244531)
His dancing is bothering me...

When you're young and cool, you can pull off anything... as he gets older and loses that cool factor, it's now becoming very awkward...

To be honest, I don't have a problem with it. It's a front mans job to move around, shake his ass and engage the audience. I'd much rather see that then the rooted to the mic thing. I'm glad to see him moving around more now! Even if he's embaressing dad dancing! ;)

jazzsta 09-14-2018 10:01 AM

I dont agree with you guys !

1st WGIGO is a cool song in itself. Cool post 2000 groovy song, they have not many of this type in later years.

Yes it is overplayed.

2nd This performance is enjoyable! Jon is not on form but he doesnt need to as everybody is singin together and there is no hard melody or rhythm to be sung by him. So Bad Medicine is not tolerable cause you hear his "absence" all the time, but here you dont notice it. And the rest of the band plays and sings nicely!

YOVANAfromPeru 09-14-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1244534)
It's a front mans job to move around, shake his ass

I can take that in good songs, for example Keep The Faith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1244536)
there is no hard melody or rhythm to be sung by him.

We Got It Going On is so ugly to me that I would prefer 1 song less in the setlist -_-

Rdkopper 09-14-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1244534)
To be honest, I don't have a problem with it. It's a front mans job to move around, shake his ass and engage the audience. I'd much rather see that then the rooted to the mic thing. I'm glad to see him moving around more now! Even if he's embaressing dad dancing! ;)

I hear you and I agree to a point (and even posted something similar in a prior post) however it's the type of dancing that he's now doing... It's lazy and awkward... He's really just walking around and having his hands and arms do all the work... It's not that energetic back and forth moving like in KTF or even something similar with a little less magnitude...

These shows have become so staged that even the amount of times he'll circle around to give the people in the back a glimpse is limited to twice... At MSG I had fantastic front row seats in the back behind Everett (really more side seats)... Watching Everett the entire show was incredible btw... He's just got his own thing going on and he's very entertaining... I got to see a lot of cool little back stage shots of things too...

Anyway, I was taking to the girl next to me and she said that Jon will circle around twice... Once during WGIGO and once during Sleep... And she was 100% right... That was it... The only time he'll acknowledge the fans in the back was during those two moments on those two songs...

And maybe it was always like that and I just never realized it...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

DryCounty 09-14-2018 05:40 PM

I literally hate We Got It Goin' On but it's really one of the few "newer" songs that actually works with the casuals. I'd love to see it replaced but I guess Jon see no reason to replace a song that actually works.
For me it's more urgent to replace the WLOL/Lost Highway-duo. I like both songs but I can't see any scenario where those to songs works on a casual aduience.