Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

james_d 09-01-2018 03:07 PM

I'd far rather Jon break out some questionable dancing and have some fun than take himself too seriously. Phil seems (to me at least) to actually fit in quite well these days but Shanks doesn't look comfortable on stage still which is a shame.

jazzsta 09-01-2018 05:55 PM

It is not enjoyable with these vocals. And it is sad to be reminded of this non-singing. How I wish the dude could have some sort of breath left and some sort of tonality stable.

WhamATC 09-01-2018 07:03 PM

I don't think dancing professionally would look good at all in almost any Bon Jovi song.
Something like how he didn't dance but just move and jump, etc would be very good, for example most LOAP live versions from maybe the TD tour.

For me John Shanks looks like he's disappointed at Jon's vocals or something most of the times on stage.

bonjovi90 09-01-2018 07:43 PM

Jon has never been a good dancer, but he used to move naturally and work the stage that way. Nowadays it looks so strange, I can't even describe it.

And Shanks clearly isn't made for being a live musician. In that recent interview posted here he said that being on the road is an experience you HAVE to make at some point. It rather seems like he's just checking off some box of what to do in life. Phil X actually enjoys being there.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-02-2018 12:03 AM

That seems contradictory to his past. John Shanks has an extensive touring history, that quote, to me, doesn't sound like it applies to him being on the road with the band. I think thinking that Shanks looks like he's dissapointed with Jon's vocals on stage is a little much. For better or worse he just looks like he doesn't belong with the band but for me it's unnatural because I'm not used to it.

bjcrazycpa 09-02-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244214)
That seems contradictory to his past. John Shanks has an extensive touring history, that quote, to me, doesn't sound like it applies to him being on the road with the band. I think thinking that Shanks looks like he's dissapointed with Jon's vocals on stage is a little much. For better or worse he just looks like he doesn't belong with the band but for me it's unnatural because I'm not used to it.

Agreed he started as a touring musician. As far as Jon, I don’t think he would define would he does as dancing lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rdkopper 09-02-2018 05:47 AM

Jon's dancing, facial expressions, and smiles are so staged, it all comes across very awkward...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-02-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1244214)

He does but it sounded to me like he enjoys being on the studio more and that live experience doesn't really thrive him. With Phil, you can tell that he lives for being on a stage and rocking out. I think Shanks is there because Jon begged him to replace Bobby. At least Jon's comment during the THINFS promo show in New York hinted at that.

Eveline 09-02-2018 01:14 PM

And to think there were only five of them and it was enough for years...

bonjovi90 09-02-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1244218)
And to think there were only five of them and it was enough for years...

Come to think of it, once they brought in now musicians it all started to go wrong.