Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 06-30-2020 04:05 PM

That's exactly the answer I was hoping for, thanks! I've never been quite clear on what did this damage. The painkillers in 2006 seem to have been a big catalyst in the whole thing too.

Thinny 06-30-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265030)
That's exactly the answer I was hoping for, thanks! I've never been quite clear on what did this damage. The painkillers in 2006 seem to have been a big catalyst in the whole thing too.

Yeah you could be right, I always though of that as really being his introduction to using heavily again, and is what led to him his issues down the line. But who knows really.

Pablo_Sancho 07-03-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1264979)
The absolute state of him. Sad to see how much he has fallen.

its sad.. and it's sadder to watch the sycophantic fanatics who pretend nothing is wrong. can't they see this enabling is damaging to his creative side? what is the point of creating music (any music) when everything he does is good & the best thing he's done when its clearly a lie and to suck up to him? why should he make an effort? You make him lazy & lose his motivation.
these same 'fans' who then attack those who speak up (and I'm talking about one in the comment in the youtube vid who tweets him daily & attacked ME for asking what is wrong with him?) is the worse kind of fandom whom is in denial and micro-examine his lifesyle. These are not good fans for Richie. The good ones tell him what is good (and what isn't) & allows him to produce and flourish what the honest fans he want. He is doing this to himself - he has lost his way again. No one makes someone an alcoholic. if fans turned their back on him, he would have to do something to help himself and enter rehab again.. and we ask why he doesn't log on to Twitter & these fruitcakes tweet him mindless garbage daily & wonder why he messes up again & again? Give him a break, allow him to be human and wish for his musical creativeness to return once more.

Rdkopper 07-03-2020 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo_Sancho (Post 1265094)
its sad.. and it's sadder to watch these sycophantic fanatics who pretend nothing is wrong. can't they see this enabling is damaging to his creative side?whats the point of creating music when everything is good? The 'we love everything you do Richie'? why should he make an effort?
these same 'fans' who then attack those who speak up (and I'm talking about one in the comment in the youtube vid who tweets him daily) is the worse kind of fandom whom is in denial and micro-examine his lifesyle in the most incredible detail. Richie isn't a musician, a human, his something to occupy their empty lives. He is doing this to himself. no one makes someone an alcoholic. if fans turned their back on him, he would have to do something to help himself and enter rehab again.. and we ask why he doesn't log on to Twitter & these fruitcakes tweet him mindless garbage daily & wonder why he messes up? Give him a break, allow him to be human and wish for his musical creativeness to return once more.

This!!!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Pablo_Sancho 07-03-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1265019)
I'm not saying that Richie hasn't changed at all, of course he has, we all change as we get older. People just jump on the Richie's drunk again bandwagon, without fully understanding, and it's tiring now. Richie is never going to be the way he like he was in his 20s, 30s and even his 40s, that's the top an bottom of it, but he's still the same Richie, personality wise. He was always a goof. Yes the jokes seem forced now, etc, but again that's part of the age thing, He definitely needs to tone it down.

but you see this total blindness IS why he can't sort himself out.. because everyone denies whats in front of us. he is intoxicated.. and at first I thought he had a stroke. His support has declined over time, his twitter is the same old sycophantic attempting to get acknowledgement from him but this doesn't stimulate him .. maybe his creativeness will return but untill he goes back into rehab to sort his life out nothing will change.

Thinny 07-03-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo_Sancho (Post 1265097)
but you see this total blindness IS why he can't sort himself out.. because everyone denies whats in front of us. he is intoxicated.. and at first I thought he had a stroke. His support has declined over time, his twitter is the same old sycophantic attempting to get acknowledgement from him but this doesn't stimulate him .. maybe his creativeness will return but untill he goes back into rehab to sort his life out nothing will change.

Actually, I'm not a blind fan boy, I've been highly critical of Richie when he's deserved it. Look back at my post from when I saw him in Leeds suppporting Bad Company. He was a mess, it was heart breaking and embarassing at the same time. A few days later in Nottingham he was like a different person, it was a great show. But I'm not about to crucify him based on some 30 second video.

Isn't it interesting that the only posts you've made on this board are ones that are negative towards Richie. Like I said, people will believe what they want to believe, myself included, and there are certainly people out their with their own agendas with regards to Richie. Let's just see how he is when he's back out there promoting something of his own and not just posting some very short video clip.

Also you seem to have missed my follow up post about how long term drug and acohol abuse can effect people. Your stroke comment is interesting as that's exactly how it can seem at times (and we don't actually know that he hasn't...). People that are drunk generally don't look like they've had a stroke, they look and act drunk. It's not the same...though people often can't see the difference.

Again, I'm not stating anything as fact, it's all just my opinion, as your comments are yours.

Pablo_Sancho 07-03-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1265102)
Actually, I'm not a blind fan boy, I've been highly critical of Richie when he's deserved it. Look back at my post from when I saw him in Leeds suppporting Bad Company. He was a mess, it was heart breaking and embarassing at the same time. A few days later in Nottingham he was like a different person, it was a great show. But I'm not about to crucify him based on some 30 second video.

Isn't it interesting that the only posts you've made on this board are ones that are negative towards Richie. Like I said, people will believe what they want to believe, myself included, and there are certainly people out their with their own agendas with regards to Richie. Let's just see how he is when he's back out there promoting something of his own and not just posting some very short video clip.

Also you seem to have missed my follow up post about how long term drug and acohol abuse can effect people. Your stroke comment is interesting as that's exactly how it can seem at times (and we don't actually know that he hasn't...). People that are drunk generally don't look like they've had a stroke, they look and act drunk. It's not the same...though people often can't see the difference.

Again, I'm not stating anything as fact, it's all just my opinion, as your comments are yours.

Yeah it was my thoughts the second I saw the video, the face droop and slurring are some of the symptoms of stroke but anyone with him would have gotten him straight into the ER.. so yeah it looks like his back on the sauce. I'm kinda harsh as I had high hopes for him when he came back with RSO & that turned out to be a disaster.. took years in the making & came out with a weak EP. Yeah, 2017 was my last visit, I get problems with the ads but I like seeing whats going on with my favorite band & Richie cause even on twitter there is no news there also. He rarely logs on anymore..

Supersonic 07-03-2020 03:08 PM

Aloha !

I find it both amusing and sad how people in here are critisizing those people supporting Richie in what does no matter what while those same people bought a ticket to see Jon Bon Jovi being a shadow of his former self as well.

I don't think Richie's drunk. I think he's on medication which, in combination with his history of drug and alcohol abuse, have turned him into another person.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Pablo_Sancho 07-03-2020 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265107)

I don't think Richie's drunk. I think he's on medication which, in combination with his history of drug and alcohol abuse, have turned him into another person.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Attachment 1651 If hes on meds he shouldn't br drinking and they don't make you slur your words..

Rdkopper 07-03-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265107)
Aloha !

I find it both amusing and sad how people in here are critisizing those people supporting Richie in what does no matter what while those same people bought a ticket to see Jon Bon Jovi being a shadow of his former self as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'm not sure what someone being concerned or even critical about Richie's mental state and someone purchasing a ticket to see a live JBJ show have to do with each other? You can enlighten me on that one.

I can sit here and give you 10 reasons why you shouldn't see a JBJ show and 10 reasons why you should... I've been to around a 7 or 8 since Richie and I have zero regrets because I still had a great time at each of them.

Every time I click a video, I want to see Richie be his old self. I've been a fan for 35 years... He behavior is definitely forced and odd.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk