Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #13 - Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, April 26th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70913)

Thinny 04-27-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1279478)
That was my theory a couple of weeks ago and someone replied "it doesn't work like that with touring" [emoji23]

It was me and it doesn't. The band will have no obligation to live nation. A band doesn't have to tour because the promoter says so. It's not like a record company contract. The promoter works for the band. The band works for the record label...

semigoodlooking 04-27-2022 04:51 PM

Contract obligation is an interesting theory considering the non-existent promos for the tour, the strange location choice, the disinterest from Jon. Even so, none of that explains the actual performances. How embarrassing for Jon if he had planned to quit touring but was forced back out to essentially destroy his reputation in public.

I suppose I am in a small minority that is ok with him lip-syncing. I wouldn't go to one of these shows with a gun to my head, but I guess if you are there as a casual you wouldn't even know and would rather a song that sounds ok. Although, may as well mime a good version of Prayer if he's going to do it.

cqleonardo 04-27-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1279477)
So from what's being discussed on Twitter from some sources I trust, this tour wasn't supposed to happen and was for Live Nation to make up for the cancelled run in 2020. It sounds and feels like an obligation like Burning Bridges they had to go along with to keep contracts happy. Don't know much more.

thats what I thought! never underestood why they decided to do this tour with the big 40th coming up next year! is the perfect oportunity for a great release (the Box Set) and a farewell tour

Kriegentragen 04-27-2022 05:29 PM

My theory is that Jon had some health issues for yesterday’s show (given the bandage in his arm), midway through the concert he figured out he wouldn’t be able to make it, and he had to decide between not singing Prayer at all, leave the band to practically sing it (as he has done in Sofia 2013 or Rock in Rio 2019, and risking to alienate the casuals), or lipsync it, keep the “illusion”, and most people would be none the wiser.

B.J. Always 04-27-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1279486)
thats what I thought! never underestood why they decided to do this tour with the big 40th coming up next year! is the perfect oportunity for a great release (the Box Set) and a farewell tour

Why do I see things on the internet that says this is year 36?

I was waiting to see Jon throwing the mic like he did the harmonica. The lip-syncing I never saw coming.

BJFan99 04-27-2022 05:40 PM

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I heard from an online friend of mine (professional singer and long-time Jovi diehard) that Jon might well be battling a vocal disorder named ”spasmodic dysphonia”. That would definitely explain the inconsistency he displays both singing and speaking, the drastic pitch problems, the clipped/cracky tone, and the timing issues (his voice isn’t coming out in perfect synch with the music).

What do you think?

EDIT: Ken Tamplin suggested this on Facebook as well.

B.J. Always 04-27-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1279489)
Don’t know about the rest of you, but I heard from an online friend of mine (professional singer and long-time Jovi diehard) that Jon might well be battling a vocal disorder named ”spasmodic dysphonia”. That would definitely explain the inconsistency he displays both singing and speaking, the drastic pitch problems, the clipped/cracky tone, and the timing issues (his voice isn’t coming out in perfect synch with the music).

What do you think?

Ken also said what all Jon would have to do to rehab his voice on YouTube. I had never heard of Ken Tamplin until I saw the YouTube Then and Now that he did on Jon.

Kathleen 04-27-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1279489)

What do you think?

I only heard of that because Art Garfunkel had a problem like that a few years ago. It took a long time for his voice to return but it did return.

Litneg 04-27-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1279491)
Ken also said what all Jon would have to do to rehab his voice on YouTube. I had never heard of Ken Tamplin until I saw the YouTube Then and Now that he did on Jon.

He has several videos (analysis and Covers) from Bon Jovi!

Jonny Sambora 04-27-2022 06:23 PM

we have witnessed the end. Game over.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk