Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Open All Night Revisited (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=39620)

jade4jovi 02-08-2009 05:49 PM

What's with bringing all these old threads back up?

Anyway, I love both versions, always have. I know I'm in the minority, but there you go. I can understand people finding the Bounce version cheesy. But, let's face it, this is Bon Jovi we're talking about. They are often served with a chunk of cheese. :p

Captain Walrus 02-08-2009 06:58 PM

The Bounce version is not a bad song, I find it far from amazing though ... all three big ballads from Bounce fall short IMO. However, Open All Night is quite possibly the best of the 3 ... it's definitely not You Had Me From Hello, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for All About Loving You, even though it's quite an average song.

The boxset song is a solid song, but I've always though it's a tad overrated on this board ... I like the odd breakdown in the bridge (here's a thought, I wonder if that was the inspiration for the bridge in Last Cigarette?), and otherwise I find it to be a well written, well performed, but ultimately unremarkable song ... I could probably name at least 10 songs off the boxset which I prefer.

What I did enjoy was the performance of it at the 2004 boxset show ... it's going along pretty much as you'd expect, and then right at the end Jon really gets into it and really starts belting out the lyrics ... it's an awesome moment, and one that caught me completely off guard

Captain_jovi 02-08-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 905189)
do you still think the distance blows?

Hmm, Where did you get from my posts that I think it blows? I still really like it, I just would love to hear it in a different light.

JerseyMan 02-08-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 735557)
I like both versions.

i like all the versions
specially the one of the boxset.... "dont worry about me ill get along"

and the one from bounce

Captain Walrus 02-08-2009 07:45 PM

Incidentally, These Arms Are Open All Night is bollocks :D

liljovi93 02-08-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 905292)
Incidentally, These Arms Are Open All Night is bollocks :D

I love it !!!

jbjrsdc 02-08-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 905282)
Hmm, Where did you get from my posts that I think it blows? I still really like it, I just would love to hear it in a different light.

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
I used to be such a huge huge huge fan of the distance. Now it's hard to listen to

Captain_jovi 02-09-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 905308)
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
I used to be such a huge huge huge fan of the distance. Now it's hard to listen to

Ohhh. Naw, I don't think it blows, It's still in my top 10 overall, I got over my problem with it.