Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hinder (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47577)

eddie73 02-07-2009 11:11 PM

Hinder

Just got hinders new album" take it to the limit" on import.Its a really good rock album, Mick Mars is on the title track doin some impressive whammy bar shit, all in all as good as "extreme behaviour", any one else like em? Really good at download 2 years ago and opend up with " pink flamingos". Release the album over in the uk and give us a tour.

Javier 02-07-2009 11:26 PM

The album is not released worldwide?

I liked it better that Extreme Behaviour, the album has some catchystuff in there. It's like every track could be a single.

MissBonJovi 02-07-2009 11:32 PM

I've seen them on the "Extreme Behavior" tour in 2007 when they came to Amsterdam,
Black Stone Cherry was opening for them than and I think they are good too.
I do like this second album but I think I like EB a little better, not sure why though maybe I've listened to it just a little more and hasn't TITTL grown on me yet.
I'm really hoping they will come over this year for the tour.
I just love voices like Austin's, raw and hoarse

Dave 1986 02-08-2009 02:03 AM

Take It To The Limit is more rockier than Extreme Behaviour. The latter I thought was a little too ballad heavy. Both decent albums though, if nothing groundbreaking.

Grypweed 02-08-2009 05:24 AM

I like both albums about the same - Loaded And Alone is a very cool track.

Supersonic 02-08-2009 12:38 PM

Aloha !

I'll translate a review from a Dutch music magazine that pretty much sums up my opinion on Hinder:

They're cool guys, the boys from Hinder. You can see it when you're just look at the booklet. Fast cars, couple of drinks and a few boobs with women attached to it. They really must love rock & roll, which is probably why they're into glam nowadays. It's got to be all about partying, which is why that post-grunge sound has been replaced by a more decadent sound. Must be because of the latest record of Mötley Crüe, by the way. It's also pretty cool that Mick Mars joins the band on Take It To The Limit and has let the band record at his home as well. They could all watch the beautiful women they photoshopped into the booklet. They forgot to record a decent record, but who cares? They had a nice stay in at uncle Mars. What's also nice is that the logo is a tribal, perfect for a tattoo. That's pretty hip! Just as hip as this record.

Sums up exactly what I think of Hinder.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jbjrsdc 02-08-2009 01:02 PM

Hinder is a great band. Austin is a great rock singer. Brian Howes is a very talented person. it seems the follow up to EB hasn't faired so well in comparison sales wise, but I hope they keep truckin' and making new albums with brian in the future.

Captain Walrus 02-08-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 905198)
Aloha !

Fast cars, couple of drinks and a few boobs with women attached to it.

Haha, I think something may have got lost in translation there :p

I think Hinder are alright, their first album had a number of good songs, although nothing really amazing ... Get Stoned is a great song, but that's all that really springs to mind. Plus, calling an album Extreme Behavoiur when, from memory, over half of it is ballads seems a bit silly

JerseyboyUK 02-08-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 905228)
Plus, calling an album Extreme Behavoiur when, from memory, over half of it is ballads seems a bit silly

hahaha great point. I heard them touted as the new 'bad boys of rock and roll!' so thought i'd check them out, only to be majorly disappointed withe distinct lack of 'rock and roll'.
The guy has a pretty cool voice, but the songs sound like Westlife cast-offs.

Supersonic 02-08-2009 05:15 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 905228)
Haha, I think something may have got lost in translation there :p

Nope, that's the way it was written. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan