Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ac/dc - pwr/up (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70769)

angelsambo 10-06-2020 12:43 PM

Ac/dc - pwr/up

Teaser 1

TEASER 2

angelsambo 10-07-2020 02:37 PM

AC/DC - Shot In The Dark (Official Audio)

steel_horse75 10-08-2020 06:33 PM

Preordered the ltd edition picture disc vinyl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheOriginalJez 10-10-2020 11:53 AM

The only man in his 60s who can dress like a school boy and not be accused of inappropriate dealings with schoolchildren. AND a band who still make rock records... wanna bet it massively outsells 2020? :P

Captain_jovi 10-15-2020 05:51 AM

Man, I'd love to get excited about this. They have such a great sound but it just feels like the same album over and over again, ya know? It'll massively outsell 2020 but without breaking new ground for them, meh.

Dave 1986 10-17-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269412)
Man, I'd love to get excited about this. They have such a great sound but it just feels like the same album over and over again, ya know? It'll massively outsell 2020 but without breaking new ground for them, meh.

I agree. I like ACϟDC (although I'm an extremely casual fan) but they do seem to me like one of those bands that put out the same album each time. That's not a bad thing inherently as some people are happy with that but it's like why bother if you've already released this album several times over? A greatest hits album would do me but they refuse to release one.

It is great however that they're still around, making music and sounding just as tight as ever. I'm grateful of any band for doing that. And yeah, I'd sooner buy this than 2020.

TheOriginalJez 10-19-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1268993)
AC/DC - Shot In The Dark (Official Audio)

AC/DC - Shot In The Dark (Official Audio) - YouTube

Also:

"I shot the dog, makes me feel alright
I shot the dog, it needs a walk in the park"

Honestly Brian, if you've already shot it I don't think a walk's going to do it any good.

Supersonic 10-19-2020 07:10 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269412)

Why do they need to break new ground though? They've got a massive fanbase which appreciates these releases still, sell loads of tickets for shows in which the new stuff doesn't mean a nosedive in quality. From what I've understood from AC/DC die hards is that, unlike with Bon Jovi, no one particularly hates or dislikes the new releases. They're not losing any fans with them.

Meanwhile Bon Jovi have changed direction at least 5 times in the past 20 years while the last decade has been nothing but the same release over and over and over again. Unless you're a die hard aware of the supposed "Vision" our leader has it's all been the same stuff, just gradually worse. They've alienated more fans than they've gained all because they're "trying to break new ground".

I'd much rather Bon Jovi would've kept releasing Crush, Bounce or Have A Nice Day all over again rather than the drivel they released after. Neither album is particularly great but it's still miles better than The Circle, What About Now, This House Is Not For Sale or 2020.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 10-20-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1269587)
Aloha !

Why do they need to break new ground though? They've got a massive fanbase which appreciates these releases still, sell loads of tickets for shows in which the new stuff doesn't mean a nosedive in quality. From what I've understood from AC/DC die hards is that, unlike with Bon Jovi, no one particularly hates or dislikes the new releases. They're not losing any fans with them.

Meanwhile Bon Jovi have changed direction at least 5 times in the past 20 years while the last decade has been nothing but the same release over and over and over again. Unless you're a die hard aware of the supposed "Vision" our leader has it's all been the same stuff, just gradually worse. They've alienated more fans than they've gained all because they're "trying to break new ground".

I'd much rather Bon Jovi would've kept releasing Crush, Bounce or Have A Nice Day all over again rather than the drivel they released after. Neither album is particularly great but it's still miles better than The Circle, What About Now, This House Is Not For Sale or 2020.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

And that's great if that's what fans/people want. I'm speaking strictly for myself, I LOVE the sound of AC/DC but feel no rush and urge to check this out because it's just something I've heard and have access to repeatedly. Bon Jovi has lost a lot of fans doing that method, no arguments there, but there's enough of what they're trying to do that keeps me interested.

Totally agree with your last point about post 2005 Jovi going off the rails. At least with those albums there was variety, something I've never gotten from AC/DC. It's always felt like lowest common denominator rock music. It's simple and it works but I need something that separates eras. Again, that's just me.

BJFan99 10-23-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1269580)
Also:

"I shot the dog, makes me feel alright
I shot the dog, it needs a walk in the park"

Honestly Brian, if you've already shot it I don't think a walk's going to do it any good.

I think you heard something I didn't :mrgreen: