Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Red Hot Chili Peppers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=9603)

Thomas Anderson 04-09-2003 08:05 PM

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

I only have 2 of their albums; Californication and By The Way; but they rock.

Some of their songs are great, and from the live TV footage of them I have seen, they are great live.

Anyone seen them live?

letitrock 04-09-2003 08:12 PM

i wouldn't say they "rock"

but they're better than most current bands...

always a little too clean sounding for my liking

Rune 04-09-2003 09:17 PM

I only have Californication, and it's really good. I don't think the newest stuff with them is that good...

Thomas Anderson 04-09-2003 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune
I only have Californication, and it's really good. I don't think the newest stuff with them is that good...

I prefer the newer stuff, although I haven't heard much of their older stuff.

Some of the songs on Californication and By The Way are a little "weird" for me, but some are quite good.

I love the video for Can't Stop, it's just the completely random things that make it so good. The Californication video is good too.

My favourite Chili's song is Under The Bridge; classic song.

Rune 04-09-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune

I love the video for Can't Stop, it's just the completely random things that make it so good. The Californication video is good too.

My favourite Chili's song is Under The Bridge; classic song.

I agree.

I also have What Hits, and it totally sucks - the only good song is under The Bridge! Their newer stuff are best, but not the newest ;)

Captain Walrus 04-09-2003 10:04 PM

Get Blood Sugar Sex Magik, thats a great album! 8)

Keep On Rockin'

letitrock 04-09-2003 10:22 PM

the only thing that's good is the spelling of the word Majik

they are an okay band but not when i compare them to real bands

Thomas Anderson 04-09-2003 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock

real bands being?

letitrock 04-09-2003 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock

real bands being?

you know their names by now...

yomamasofat 04-09-2003 10:42 PM

I think they're pretty good. Some of their stuff are too weird for me due to the fact that I'm not too big on funk. However, Blood Sugar Sex Magik is an excellent album and still their best effort up to date.

I heard the vocalist can't cut it live though.

Christo 04-09-2003 11:08 PM

I saw them live in December. It was ok, but the sound system wasn't up enough, it gave the show a slightly hollow feeling......as for Kiedis' vocals, they were actually quite good! :)

ShaSha 04-10-2003 12:47 AM

I like their music to a certain extent. Blood Sugar Sex Majik is by far their best but I think Californication is good too.

However, the one time I saw them live they sucked big time. Maybe he was just having an off night but Anthony sounded like crap.

{_Warrior_} 04-10-2003 02:30 AM

I have Californication and I think itīs a good album.
But, live, Iīd say they are bad!!!!
In Rock In Rio and in the last tour they did here, you could se no energy in their bodys, I canīt explain, I hate, thatīs why Iīm a jovi fan, they rock live :wink:

BJfan4ever 04-10-2003 06:50 AM

I have Californication and By The Way.
the first one is rock, I really like thi album
the second one is more pop, I like just few songs.

Christo 04-10-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
I saw them live in December. It was ok, but the sound system wasn't up enough, it gave the show a slightly hollow feeling......as for Kiedis' vocals, they were actually quite good! :)

While it was ok, I'd say it was probably the worst gig from a 'big' band that I've been to. :?

Shaun 04-11-2003 03:21 AM

i like some of their songs but not all of them

Christo 04-13-2003 01:10 PM

Around The World- their best song, better than Under The Bridge by a way. :wink:

Captain Walrus 04-13-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Around The World- their best song, better than Under The Bridge by a way. :wink:

Around The World is great- specially the intro and chorus- but the verses really suck!

Keep On Rockin'

Christo 04-13-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Quote:

Around The World is great- specially the intro and chorus- but the verses really suck!

Keep On Rockin'

LOL, who CAN follow the Chili's lyrics?! The music is what I like them for! :P

Bad Medicine 04-15-2003 01:43 AM

I like what the Chilis became, I hate the older material except for a couple of songs. I love californication and by the way.

fanatica 04-15-2003 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha
However, the one time I saw them live they sucked big time. Maybe he was just having an off night but Anthony sounded like crap.

I second that Sarah. I saw their DVD and they just didn't do anything for me. It could have been an off-night though.

RHCP... they're good. I have all their albums and I have to say, their older stuff is a little bit better. Californication was a great album though. By The Way is decent. It's not amazing. They hardly expanded their sound, and the title track is extremely annoying after listening to it 109375823 times.

manuit78 04-17-2003 10:50 PM

Kiedis (whatever the spelling) is undisputedly the WORSTEST vocalist to have ever hit the charts. He sucks big time folks! He can't follow the melody and his voice range approaches 0

Captain Walrus 04-18-2003 01:00 AM

Worstest?

Keep On Rockin'

ps. You're a fool

Mousebounce 04-18-2003 01:51 AM

Every song by them sounds exactly the same. I think they were good back in the day, but now I can't tell the difference between any of their music.

Bad Medicine 04-19-2003 09:06 PM

Have you heard tear??? It's far one of the best ballads they've made, and much better than BJs new ones.

manuit78 04-21-2003 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Worstest?

Keep On Rockin'

ps. You're a fool

Interesting...elaborate please...

Captain Walrus 04-21-2003 11:24 AM

I was actually only joking.... everyones entitled to their own opinion. But really, I hardly thing that he is actually the worst vocalist ever...... you may not like him, but i'm sure it can get a lot worse..... personally, I think his voice is great, he shows a fantastic vocal range

Keep On Rockin'

ps. @ Christo: Parallel Universe is way better than Around The World 8)

Mr Bluesman 04-21-2003 12:47 PM

Firstly, I don't think Red Hot Chili Peppers are a bad band, they are a fairly decent band but I do find their stuff a bit annoying after a while. I don’t really like this sort of 'rocked-up-funk'. I think they're very over-rated, not as good as everyone seems to make them out to be. Suddenly, over the past couple of years there have been loads of younger music fans getting into them. Not that this is a bad thing but I think they've gone a bit too 'pop'. Ok, so some people say Bon Jovi have gone 'a bit too pop' but you don't see loads of kids in record stores rushing over to the Bon Jovi section do you :?
As for live?? The vocalist, (whatever his name is) isn't very good, and the bassist just makes me ill, :) jumping all over the place, but the guitarist is pretty good.

Christo 04-21-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
As for live?? The vocalist, (whatever his name is) isn't very good, and the bassist just makes me ill, :) jumping all over the place, but the guitarist is pretty good.

IMO the lead guitarist is actually the best vocalist in the band. :wink:

manuit78 04-21-2003 03:36 PM

going by the live stuff I've seen/heard Kiedis doesn't seem to have a clue what singing is all about....

Rumen 04-24-2003 10:14 PM

Quote:

Thomas Anderson wrote:and from the live TV footage of them I have seen, they are great live.
Anyone seen them live?

Really!!!!!!!!!!
They were great live :!: :!:
I have seen only one great show from the peppers and it was in Hamburg!
But most of the times they suck live and if you're goin' to see 'em live I hope you'll have the luck to see a great performance(but it's really rare)!
Good luck!

Christo 04-24-2003 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen
Quote:

Thomas Anderson wrote:and from the live TV footage of them I have seen, they are great live.
Anyone seen them live?

Really!!!!!!!!!!
They were great live :!: :!:
I have seen only one great show from the peppers and it was in Hamburg!
But most of the times they suck live and if you're goin' to see 'em live I hope you'll have the luck to see a great performance(but it's really rare)!
Good luck!

The music was great live (though not loud enough), the vocals were ok at best and the showmanship of the band was quite average.

Bad Medicine 04-27-2003 02:44 AM

Kiedis sucks live, in a studio everyone can have a good voice.

Thierry 04-27-2003 10:13 AM

I think the guitar player from the Peppers isn't that good. He plays a lot of easy licks. I got the bootleg from Woodstock 99.. And he makes a lot of mistakes during some solos. And his backing vocals are really bad.

Supersonic 04-27-2003 11:20 AM

Aloha !

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are just a bunch of jerks who write songs about nothing and they can't perform a decent song.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sandra 05-03-2003 04:08 PM

;)

I love Other Side, Californication and By The Way :Fade-col: