Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Track Rankings 2012 - These Days (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54058)

DryCounty 07-28-2012 11:17 PM

Best album ever made!

14. These Days
13. (It's Hard) Letting You Go
12. Something To Believe In
11. This Ain't a Love Song
10. Hearts Breaking Even
9. If That's What It Takes
8. Lie To Me
7. Something For the Pain
6. Hey God
5. My Guitar Lies Bleeding
4. Damned
3. Diamond Ring
2. Bitter Wine
1. All I Want Is Everything

14-4 is pure masteripieces. The rest are great songs as well. It is something with this record that you can't put your finger on. Mindblowing!

Toño 07-29-2012 04:39 AM

14. Como yo nadie te ha amado (This Ain't a Love Song)
13. Bitter Wine
12. All I Want Is Everything
11. Letting you go
10. If that's what it takes
09. These Days
08. Lie to me
07. Something for the pain
06. Damned
05. Guitar lies bleeding...
04. Hearts breaking even
01. Diamond ring
00. Hey God
00. Something to believe in

Fredrik 07-29-2012 01:28 PM

The best album ever made, by anyone, ever. Nothing will ever again come close to a masterpiece like this!

14) Something To Believe In
13) These Days
12) Lie To Me
11) (It's Hard) Letting You Go
10) This Ain't A Love Song
9) Hey God
8) My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
7) Damned
6) Diamond Ring
5) Bitter Wine
4) If That's What It Takes
3) All I Want Is Everything
2) Something For The Pain
1) Hearts Breaking Even

For me it's almost hurtful to give some of those songs low scores cause none deserve it, but I guess that's just goes to show how freaking excellent it is. This album touches the very fibers of my being.

Simon 07-29-2012 03:54 PM

My favourite album ever. Apart from the songwriting etc. they sound the most like a BAND here. Thank you Bon Jovi for this masterpiece.

14. Hey God
13. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
12. Something To Believe In
11. These Days
10. Something For The Pain
09. (It's Hard) Letting You Go
08. If That's What It Takes
07. This Ain't A Love Song
06. Damned
05. Lie To Me
04. Diamond Ring
03. All I Want Is Everything
02. Hearts Breaking Even
01. Bitter Wine

I'm with those who say it's tough to rate one song above the other because they are all awesome. It hurts that I have to put "Lie To Me" & "Damned" so low, but the other songs just might be a tad better... The only songs I could never really connect to like the rest is my bottom 2, and still they are fantastic tunes.

samboraisgodUK 07-29-2012 04:19 PM

14. Something To Believe In
13. These Days
12. (It's Hard) Letting You Go
11. Something For The Pain
10. Hey God
09. Lie To Me
08. This Ain't A Love Song
07. If That's What It Takes
06. Damned
05. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
04. Diamond Ring
03. All I Want Is Everything
02. Hearts Breaking Even
01. Bitter Wine

Very, very tough.

Simon 07-29-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toño (Post 1086650)
00. Hey God
00. Something to believe in

... uh? What's wrong with those? Is it the lyrical content, because they both refer to religion?

Matthes 07-29-2012 09:54 PM

14 - These Days
13 - Something To Believe In
12 - Hey God
11 - Damned
10 - Something For The Pain
09 - It's Hard Letting You Go
08 - Lie To Me
07 - All I Want Is Everything
06 - My Guitar Lies bleeding In My Arms
05 - If That's What It Takes
04 - Diamond Ring
03 - Bitter Wine
02 - This Ain't A Love Song
01 - Hearts Breaking Even

Not one bad song - fantastic record. "Hearts Breaking Even" would probably be my best scoring song if it was on The Circle.

DryCounty 07-29-2012 10:43 PM

Can't believe how low Hearts Breaking Even scores. It's absolutely mindblowing. The lyrics are stunning!

Kuba80BJ 07-30-2012 02:07 AM

My second favourite album. Just behind KTF. But it’s a different kind of love I think. I am not sure how to describe it but for me each of them is so unique and can’t really compare one to another.
I love it so much because this is an album that works perfect as a whole. You can only understand it by listening to the whole record over and over again, from start to finish. It’s not a singles album. Of course those had to be released for the sake of sales, but this is not a record with “hits” which is exactly why it’s so damn fantastic. The music fits the lyrics, and the lyrics fits the music. They are like one body, in each song actually.
My TOP3 from it, is enough to make it my sec fav album. Sure, the rest of the songs are unbelievable too, but for me those 3 alone make the heart of this record and define its greatness. The title track is simply a masterpiece. There are only 2 songs that I value higher (KTF, DC). And I don’t think that there will ever be a song written that would drop it from the podium. Musically and lyrically, this song stands on the level of greatness unreachable to all other songs. After hearing it at the last show at the O2 for the first time ever, the love for it only got stronger and every time I hear it now, reminds me of that moment.
It’s a tough call between #2 and #3. Lyrically I love that anger and scream for hope or ray of light in this sad, dark and cruel world/life. While musically those are both simply just fantastic rock songs, with amazing guitars and passionate vocals.
Surprisingly, compared to many other TD fans, TAALS is not my fav ballad on the album at all. For me Letting You Go and Lie To Me are simply better and more touching. Still TAALS is fantastic, but not the leader.
Actually I am only sure of TOP5 and everything below it is equally great and the spots could change any day, depending on my mood. Before writing this post I played the album a couple of times and this is how I rate it now, but I am not sure how my votes would look like in few months. Just like for so many of you, it’s really hard to give any song only 1 point here, but rules are rules.
And last but not least, in only 6 shows I attended, I got to hear 7 songs from this amazing album, some of them even a couple of times. I can’t believe it but truly appreciate this amount of luck. STBI is at the top of my request list for the shows in the future, as one of the songs I haven’t heard yet unfortunately.

14 - These Days
13 - Something To Believe In
12 - Hey God
11 - It's Hard Letting You Go
10 - Lie To Me
09 - Damned
08 - This Ain't A Love Song
07 - My Guitar Lies bleeding In My Arms
06 - Diamond Ring
05 - Something For The Pain
04 - Bitter Wine
03 - All I Want Is Everything
02 - If That's What It Takes
01 - Hearts Breaking Even

TwinFan 07-30-2012 03:25 AM

Hey God is a glorious piece of rock and roll.