Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Hardest Part is the Night (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45210)

severo17 05-29-2008 11:54 PM

The Hardest Part is the Night

Ok, there's a lot of discussion in the forum about some songs.
I wanted to spice even more the thing and begin another discussion.
All of you talk about Tokyo Road and so, but theres a song that for me is the best one in the Farenheit Album: "The Hardest Part is the Night"
Do you think that it sould be played live again? Would it work?

Ashley_Lauren 05-30-2008 12:22 AM

I don't see why not. It could certainly be done vocally. Don't know if they'd want to play it, though. I would freak out if I heard it live. This is probably my favorite from 7800 as well.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-30-2008 01:00 AM

Not my favourite, but it is one of the best off 7800. Very good song and I wouldn't complain if I heard it live! :)

Alphavictim 05-30-2008 04:15 AM

I'd say it's 99,9% safe to say that they're never ever gonna play it again.

It's a great song, though. Satin's cover kicked ass as well.

Captain Walrus 05-30-2008 12:44 PM

Now we're talking! This song IMO is MUCH better than Tokyo Road, definetely on my top 5 off the album. I absolutely LOVE the guitar in it, the main riff is so simple but sounds so awesome, and the building multilayered guitar solo is utterly fantastic too. It's quite an understated song, but it's one of the few songs from their 80s work that carries a social message, which is a plus point. And finally, Jon's cool vocal outro is the icing on the cake, again very simple but really engaging. It's a great song

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-30-2008 12:48 PM

This was actually the one song from 7800 that stood out for me right away (apart from In & Out of Love which I already knew from Cross Road). Probably still my favourite from the album along with Only Lonely.

sebcfc 05-30-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 831412)
This was actually the one song from 7800 that stood out for me right away (apart from In & Out of Love which I already knew from Cross Road). Probably still my favourite from the album along with Only Lonely.

Exactly my thoughts, HPITN for me is the best song on 7800, and I would love to hear it live, but I very much doubt it.

Goldsausage 05-30-2008 01:54 PM

Frickin' love it.

† ÀžžÀ † 05-30-2008 02:28 PM

for me, it's easily the best song on farenheit. would be pleasently surprised if i ever heard it live.

crashed 05-30-2008 05:44 PM

It's definitely up their as one of the best songs on Fahrenheit. That and Silent Night for me.

But hell - whenever I stick that album on I even find myself rocking out to King Of The Mountain and Secret Dreams. It's not a bad album, as has been said a million times, I think it really is the completely dated production that ruins it.