Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70049)

Rdkopper 07-06-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1225923)
Bounce demo for One To Say Goodbye that was given to Poets. Early marketing materials had it being included in the box set but it got pulled last minute.

Another Great Call!!!!

Rdkopper 07-06-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1225915)
Here's that fake Burning Bridges tracklist that you mentioned in the first post of this thread:

“We Don’t Run”
“Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning” (The Circle)
“Mona Lisa” (Bounce)
“Nothing” (Have a Nice Day)
“Who Says You Can’t Go Home” (feat. Keith Urban) (Have a Nice Day)
“This Ain’t Love” (The Circle)
“State of Our Union” (What About Now)
“Shine” (What About Now)
“Times Like These” (What About Now)
“Beautiful Day” (Finding Neverland)
“Start Your Own Revolution (a.k.a. “Reunion”)
“This Is Our House” (Greatest Hits)
“I’m Giving Me to You” (What About Now)
“I’m On My Way” (The Circle)
“Second Chances” (The Circle)
“The Ghost of a Good Thing” (The Circle)

And here's the article that posted it:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-j...-track-listing

I also remember coming across the title "I Watched Her Walk Away" from the Bounce sessions.

I updated these titles below...Can anyone confirm them? If not, I'm going to delete them! Maybe these songs from The Circle were on that torrent?

Rdkopper 07-06-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1225926)
I updated these titles below...Can anyone confirm them? If not, I'm going to delete them! Maybe these songs from The Circle were on that torrent?

I'm going to answer my own post:

They were on that darn Torrent and the songs were registered too

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/new-b...sunday-t69127/

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...le-era-t69513/

I still need clarification on this one “I’m Giving Me to You” (What About Now)

bonjovi90 07-06-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1225926)

They all sound familiar, but I have a file of it saved at home which I can't access until tomorrow. There was one point where a lot of songs got added to some songwriter's data base and I seem to recall that these were the ones. At some point there was a switch from one database to the other if I'm not mistaken, so some might've gotten lost.

Rdkopper 07-06-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1225928)
They all sound familiar, but I have a file of it saved at home which I can't access until tomorrow. There was one point where a lot of songs got added to some songwriter's data base and I seem to recall that these were the ones. At some point there was a switch from one database to the other if I'm not mistaken, so some might've gotten lost.

See my post above in regards to the two links I attached...

In addition to everything stated in those two threads, you have to figure that there are a few unreleased songs from The Circle... I don't think they wrote 30 songs like they did in the old days but to just write 12 and release 12 is not the norm for any band (and the 2, 3 or 4 that made it over to the greatest hits)...

Rdkopper 07-06-2017 02:31 PM

Wow!!! We have more songs listed here than what's on the original Box Set (and I'm not even including the ones in black like the Basement Demos)... There are probably a handful of titles that we never even heard of sitting in that vault as well... Double it...

I'd even be happy to get half of them. Someone should send this list to Matt and Obie and kindly say, "Give Us These ****ing Songs, Now!" I seriously think if we got this list to Obie and a little pressure from us fans, we could get some of these. (Again, if it's not in the studio, we'll take a live soundboard)

Rdkopper 07-06-2017 02:32 PM

I'm going to add "It's Only Make-Believe" I know it's a cover but there is live footage of Jon recording this in a studio back in 1995...

What the heck, I'm going to throw Drummer Boy and Silent Night on there as well...

Faceman 07-06-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1225923)
Bounce demo for One To Say Goodbye that was given to Poets. Early marketing materials had it being included in the box set but it got pulled last minute.

Was this really for Bounce?
I remember the discussion about this or a similiar song title prior to HAND. Back then speculation went wild that this might be a hint of being the last album. I remember it well because I became a fan after Bounce and HAND was (TLFR and the Box Set excluded) the first "real" album release I witnessed as a fan.

Captain_jovi 07-06-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1225932)
Was this really for Bounce?
I remember the discussion about this or a similiar song title prior to HAND. Back then speculation went wild that this might be a hint of being the last album. I remember it well because I became a fan after Bounce and HAND was (TLFR and the Box Set excluded) the first "real" album release I witnessed as a fan.

Yep, Poets released in 2003.

Faceman 07-06-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1225905)
In These Arms is a hybrid of a song Jon and David wrote called "Water into Wine" and one Jon and Richie wrote called "If You Were in These Arms Tonight."

According to Jon and Richie's track by track interview for the 2010 Greatest Hits "If You Were In These Arms" was just a title Richie had on hold but there wasn't a song yet. They just used this title for Water Into Wine because they couldn't get the chorus happening.