Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70442)

liljovi93 12-06-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1249019)
Enjoying these podcasts. Much better sound quality on the last one, too.

Nothing will beat number 3 though. So funny!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks very much, mate.

Yeah, episode 3 has had amazing feedback. Adam was on fire!

James actually recorded episode 5 for me! Just to see what sound quality was like from his side. Clearly much better.

After Xmas, definitely going to look into some bits..

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jeeper 12-06-2018 06:17 PM

So what gear will I need to come on the podcast? Deffo wanna try over Christmas at some point.

liljovi93 12-06-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1249022)
So what gear will I need to come on the podcast? Deffo wanna try over Christmas at some point.

I've just been asking people to use Google Hangouts & then I'm live streaming via YouTube. Then downloading the live stream and it's sorted [emoji1303]

Be great to have you on!!

Jeeper 12-06-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1249024)
I've just been asking people to use Google Hangouts & then I'm live streaming via YouTube. Then downloading the live stream and it's sorted [emoji1303]

Be great to have you on!!

Look forward to it mate.

symbeline 12-07-2018 01:39 PM

Looking forward to checking all. I've listened to the first one so far and gave you feedback (I think) but the problem is that the Anchor app freezes and restarts all the time on my phone and it's a bitch to listen :(

That's my only real "criticism".

Will have more time over Xmas so I'll try the youtube links. I'm not used to your accent so I really need to concentrate, but hey that's good, it estimulates my lazy brain cells ;)

liljovi93 12-07-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1249059)
Looking forward to checking all. I've listened to the first one so far and gave you feedback (I think) but the problem is that the Anchor app freezes and restarts all the time on my phone and it's a bitch to listen :(

That's my only real "criticism".

Will have more time over Xmas so I'll try the youtube links. I'm not used to your accent so I really need to concentrate, but hey that's good, it estimulates my lazy brain cells ;)

Ahh you can download them from other apps. I posted them above somewhere.

Thanks for listening. Highly recommend episode 3 haha

symbeline 12-07-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1249060)
Ahh you can download them from other apps. I posted them above somewhere.

Thanks for listening. Highly recommend episode 3 haha

That's true, but my phone is cheap and old and has very little storage space left and I'm literally too lazy to get a new SD card and move my things there.

Isn't Youtube a better tool for gaining exposure though? I'd rather listen via YT...

liljovi93 12-07-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1249067)
That's true, but my phone is cheap and old and has very little storage space left and I'm literally too lazy to get a new SD card and move my things there.

Isn't Youtube a better tool for gaining exposure though? I'd rather listen via YT...

They're all on YouTube too.

symbeline 12-10-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1249068)
They're all on YouTube too.

I know :p

I was just wondering our loud if you'd prefer YT over the podcast tools. I managed to listen to 42 uninterrupted minutes if epi 2 on Anchor and then it just froze. It doesn't even crash, it just freezes and you have to restart again.

What I like so far is that they are long but varied.

liljovi93 02-08-2019 03:41 PM

Uploading 2 today. One was from shortly after the Australia leg but I just genuinely haven't had any time to convert and upload unfortunately.

Another one is from today. I spoke on it myself and spoke about Bon Jovi Talk twitter and a little on this forum and some fan interactions I've had.

I will post later this evening. Hope you like.

liljovi93 02-08-2019 10:42 PM

Just uploaded Episode 6 onto YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Ov-SSPJ9mZg

As I mentioned, I originally done this episode a month or so ago but just haven't had a minute to upload and process etc...

I speak to James about the changes that got made in the Australia shows, the effort from Jon, will we get this Jon in Europe and I have also added in a music game. I give a couple of seconds of a song and the guest has to try and guess the song from the few seconds snippet. It's quite fun. I was actually a bit too kind to James with some of the snippets as I played them a lot longer than I should have which obviously makes it a lot easier.

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I have had James on 3 times now too. To be honest, he's a good guest and not many people seem to want to do the podcast. They say they do and we commit to a time and then they say they can't do it.

I've got a couple of people who have agreed to one in the next few weeks. Jeeper being one of them. I can't wait to have him on as I speak to him via whatsapp a lot and we discuss the band in depth so it will be good to let you all hear what we have to say.

Episode 6 is also available on the apps that I mentioned in the first post. Here is the Anchor link.

https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...-Europe-e35adg

As always, please give some feedback and spread the word. I'd really appreciate some more people coming on as a guest so if you are interested, just give me a message on here or twitter @bonjovitalk

Thanks.

liljovi93 02-16-2019 07:03 PM

Going to upload episode 8 this evening.

I uploaded episode 7 a week ago (I think) and I've had a great response to it. I done this one on my own and explained the purpose of BJT and some other bits.

A lot of people aren't fans of the Twitter page because I can be quite negative. Fair enough.

Episode 8 was a great one. I done it with a guy called Mark. We got through 45 mins of the original podcast, halfway through the music snippet game and then my laptop froze!! Mark very kindly agreed to do it again and we done another take.

If anyone is interested in being on episode 9 today, give me a message. I'm free now for an hour or so.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-16-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1250999)
I uploaded episode 7 a week ago (I think) and I've had a great response to it. I done this one on my own and explained the purpose of BJT and some other bits.

Oh Realllllllllllllllly? A friend told me you said my name on your Episode 7.

liljovi93 02-16-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251000)
Oh Realllllllllllllllly? A friend told me you said my name on your Episode 7.

I did. What's the problem?

YOVANAfromPeru 02-17-2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251001)
I did. What's the problem?

For Captain_jovi's mental health, I'm NOT gonna respond you!

liljovi93 02-18-2019 10:28 PM

Episode 7 - Purpose of BJT, Honesty & Jelly

Episode 8 - Bon Jovi in the 80's to Bon Jovi now

Episode 7 is actually the most streamed episode of BJT so far. As I've already mentioned, this was me talking about the purpose of the twitter page, I spoke about this forum, I spoke about fans, the q&a's Phil X does and much more.

Episode 8 was with an American guy called Mark. We had a really good chat and Mark was very kind to do the podcast again after the first one we originally done went off after 45 minutes when my laptop died.

https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...ovi-Now-e387jm - Episode 8 Anchor link too.

You can also stream the podcast on all the apps previously put up on the first post.

I hope you all enjoy!

liljovi93 02-26-2019 11:30 PM

https://youtu.be/eNOSYbKqsfQ

Episode 9 featuring Andy (Jeeper on here)

I've spoken with Andy for the last couple of years almost everyday but never actually in person (only over WhatsApp)

It was VERY interesting hearing how he properly got into the band and his views on Bon Jovi. His stories were different to what I'd heard before and his knowledge is excellent.

We had a few sound issues right at the start. My sound would go off, his sound would go off and the beginning was very 'robotic' in terms of sound. After a couple of minutes, it did get better so just bare with it. Apologies on that side of it.

It's my birthday in a week or so, I've asked for a decent microphone and camera so taking it step by step to make it better for everyone.

Episode 8 is already joint second highest viewed podcast out of the 9 already so it's definitely still getting people listening. Feedback on Twitter tells me that.

Again, I really apologize for saying "errr" a lot. It's just habit. I say it on a day to day basis A LOT as I'm (obviously) Scouse and I even wrote down the intro this week but still couldn't help but say it.
I also apologize for how long this podcast is but I honestly couldn't have done it any shorter, I had so much left to ask Andy before we ended up finishing.

ALSO, talking of intros... I've added something into the start of the podcast which I enjoy. It's slowly getting better in my eyes and I'm going to really work on it over the next few months.

Thanks to those who are still listening (and enjoying)

steel_horse75 03-02-2019 07:25 AM

Good podcasts

liljovi93 03-02-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251283)
Good podcasts

Thanks mate. Episode 9 has already become the 2nd highest played podcast so far within 4 days.

Was a great one with Andy.

liljovi93 03-10-2019 08:18 AM

https://youtu.be/hGZxkNRM1pQ

Episode 10 is now live.

This episodes guest is a guy called Shane. Only young and got into the band after seeing them on the 'What About Now' tour. Shane became a huge fan instantly and has a ton of live shows to his collection.

It was interesting to hear from a fairly new fan.

Episode 11 is going to be uploaded soon and I suggest you all give it a listen. I spoke with Jake Johnson, Hugh McDonald's stepson. I spoke to Jake for a long time because he had so much to tell me. He answered EVERYTHING. I found out some new stories about Jon. About Richie. About them both. Hall Of Fame, Jake's band, Hugh McDonald's induction, tons and tons more.

I have also got some podcasts lined up with some big names associated with the band so keep checking this thread or @bonjovitalk

liljovi93 03-11-2019 01:11 PM

Episode 11 is LIVE

https://youtu.be/7IwBwCwVV9s - YouTube Link

Bon Jovi Talk - Podcast Episode 11 - Jake (Hugh's Stepson), His Band, Jon & Richie, HOF, Q&A https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...HOF--QA-e3e5vk - Anchor Link

This episode was with Jake Johnson. (Hugh's Stepson)

Jake told me a fantastic story about JBJ & Richie at HOF when they got a photo. He really went into detail about some bits. Give it a listen. It was fantastic to have Jake on!

I've got some REALLY EXCITING guests coming on in the next week or two.

JackieBlue 03-11-2019 03:21 PM

I thought this was a brilliant idea from the first time you mentioned it; but sometimes I'm a slow-starter so I'm just now getting on board with your podcasts.

I chose to start with the one you did with Andy (Jeeper) because he always raises interesting points in our interactions here and I wanted to hear what else he might have to say.

Besides now being able to associate a voice with his name (and yours), I found it quite different to hear some of your respective views versus reading them because so much can be lost in written communication - inflection, humor, emphasis, etc. It was well worth the time spent listening and I appreciate both of you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I have to add that your snippet game at the end of the podcast is positively evil! :evilbat:I only got 3 right (and had to cover my ears and "la-la-la" to do that so I wouldn't hear Jeeper's answers, because he was so quick on the draw)! :roll::D
Now I'm really excited about listening to the others and hearing from future guests. Nice work!

liljovi93 03-11-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251517)
I thought this was a brilliant idea from the first time you mentioned it; but sometimes I'm a slow-starter so I'm just now getting on board with your podcasts.

I chose to start with the one you did with Andy (Jeeper) because he always raises interesting points in our interactions here and I wanted to hear what else he might have to say.

Besides now being able to associate a voice with his name (and yours), I found it quite different to hear some of your respective views versus reading them because so much can be lost in written communication - inflection, humor, emphasis, etc. It was well worth the time spent listening and I appreciate both of you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I have to add that your snippet game at the end of the podcast is positively evil! :evilbat:I only got 3 right (and had to cover my ears and "la-la-la" to do that so I wouldn't hear Jeeper's answers, because he was so quick on the draw)! :roll::D

Now I'm really excited about listening to the others and hearing from future guests. Nice work!

Wow. Thank you for the feedback.

I have to say, the podcasts have had a great response once I've been able to put my mind to it. Before Xmas, I was working 16 hours every single day and then coming home and doing a podcast with no planning or anything. Just jumping straight in.

Now that I have my PT business only to focus on, it allows me more time to focus on the podcasts and the feedback is proving that it is working.

Andy (Jeeper) is someone I chat too every single day but I'd never ever seen (apart from Instagram) or spoken to him properly before. It was great to verbally have a discussion rather than WhatsApp. We both share similar views and I think that's why this podcast particularly got a great response. I think it's the 2nd highest played podcast out of the 11 so far. First one being the highest but that was so new.

The snippet game is tough. I was too kind to the other guests because I was playing far too much of the song. It was way too easy. This is how I've played it in the past and I love it. I haven't done it on the past few podcasts unfortunately but it'll be back.

I highly recommend listening to Jake Johnson's podcast with me. I've just finished listening since the first time we recorded it and I have to say, I'm actually quite proud.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 03:34 PM

Still haven't found the time to listen to full podcasts on your channel, unfortunately. However, I skipped through some (currently the snippet game) and it's absolutely great that you're keeping up with this and putting a lot of effort in it. From someone having learned mostly American English, it's quite to tough to keep up with your accent at times though :mrgreen:

Rdkopper 03-11-2019 03:35 PM

One piece of feedback... As the person giving the interviews, stick to more questions and let the person your interviewing talk more...

I feel like once they answer your question, you give your own take on the question and talk more then them...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

liljovi93 03-11-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251522)
Still haven't found the time to listen to full podcasts on your channel, unfortunately. However, I skipped through some (currently the snippet game) and it's absolutely great that you're keeping up with this and putting a lot of effort in it. From someone having learned mostly American English, it's quite to tough to keep up with your accent at times though :mrgreen:

Thanks mate. I'd love to have you on at some time, to be honest. I think you'd be a great guest.

Cheers. The snippet game has had great feedback. I worried about it being too long but I suppose as a fan, it's just a bit of fun.

Hahaha I've had a few people comment on my accent. I can't even try and be a bit more well spoken, it's just not in me haha! I'm trying to stop saying 'errr' so much at the start but that's just habit too. I keep saying to myself 'don't say err, don't say err' and then I do haha

Thanks for the feedback.

Kathleen 03-11-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251522)

The accent is difficult but I guess I have learned to understand it LOL. The first time Kev came to stay with me (2006 yikes)
I had to ask him to repeat half of what he said. Keep in mind that Jay is Kev's good friend so they sound similar. However after a while my ear became tuned and I now understand most :)

liljovi93 03-11-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1251525)
The accent is difficult but I guess I have learned to understand it LOL. The first time Kev came to stay with me I had to ask him to repeat half of what he said. Keep in mind that Jay is Kev's good friend so they sound similar. However after a while my ear became tuned and I now understand most :)

Ah don't worry Kathleen, Kev makes no sense to me either [emoji6]

liljovi93 03-11-2019 06:47 PM

Just finished episode 13 with Mark Weiss!!!

Can't wait to publish this one!

YOVANAfromPeru 03-12-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251506)
Episode 11 is LIVE

https://youtu.be/7IwBwCwVV9s - YouTube Link

Bon Jovi Talk - Podcast Episode 11 - Jake (Hugh's Stepson), His Band, Jon & Richie, HOF, Q&A

I listened this one, and somehow I remembered an old interview that Hugh did with fans when he was clueless about the name of the recent Bon Jovi albums... I think he certainly is not clueless about the Richie situation, since Hugh and Richie always still talked each other. However Jovi clearly don't talk about some things and obviously his stepson either... and I bet that's one chapter of "the book Bon Jovi Business" kinda like "how you to change it up without changing it" (Wanted without guitar, lol...). A few reconfirmations like: the Christmas gift Hall of Fame story, that Hugh played on Runaway, then nothing, and then full since SWW (except Young Guns), that JBJ have the setlist HOURS before the show, and some more nice stories.

liljovi93 03-12-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251557)
I listened this one, and somehow I remembered an old interview that Hugh did with fans when he was clueless about the name of the recent Bon Jovi albums... I think he certainly is not clueless about the Richie situation, since Hugh and Richie always still talked each other. However Jovi clearly don't talk about some things and obviously his stepson either... and I bet that's one chapter of "the book Bon Jovi Business" kinda like "how you to change it up without changing it" (Wanted without guitar, lol...). A few reconfirmations like: the Christmas gift Hall of Fame story, that Hugh played on Runaway, then nothing, and then full since SWW (except Young Guns), that JBJ have the setlist HOURS before the show, and some more nice stories.

Thank you. I liked the story of JBJ & Richie at HOF when the photos were being taken. That was nice to hear.

Jake was a great guest from the minute it started. Conversation was constantly flowing and he was honest with a lot of it.

I don't agree with his opinion on JBJ vocals. Not a chance it gets back to the standard he said it will.

eddie73 03-12-2019 08:21 AM

Cracking one last night with Jake, played it driving home from work then carried it on once back, much to the annoyance of the MRS ! didn't realise you was Twitter Guy on here, always thought LilJovi was bird HaHa

liljovi93 03-12-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1251559)
Cracking one last night with Jake, played it driving home from work then carried it on once back, much to the annoyance of the MRS ! didn't realise you was Twitter Guy on here, always thought LilJovi was bird HaHa

Hahahaha nope that's me!

Thanks for the feedback mate. Nearly 200 listens on YouTube alone in just under 24 hours. Response has been brilliant so far.

steel_horse75 03-12-2019 11:43 AM

i can hardly hear anything Hughs stepson says.
Ill give it a go through headphones - currently listening out loud on a PC.

liljovi93 03-12-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251562)
i can hardly hear anything Hughs stepson says.

Ill give it a go through headphones - currently listening out loud on a PC.

Yeah at times it was hard for me to hear him to be honest. I did say to him at one point it was low and then he got closer to the microphone and then moved away again haha.

I've just bought new speakers and a new microphone so hopefully from tomorrow onwards, podcasts are clearer.

I've literally just been using my laptop for them so far. Laptop speakers/microphone and recording on it so now it should be better.

Rdkopper 03-12-2019 12:32 PM

Not a bad interview.. at times you'll ask the same question three times in a row.

I know you didn't want to make it all about Bon Jovi... but his close relationship with Richie could have opened more questions.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jeeper 03-12-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251517)

Thanks Jackie! Some nice comments there.

I really enjoyed doing the podcast with Jay. He’s put so much time and effort into these, as well as running his Twitter account and working mad hours as a PT.

Obviously the podcasts are in their infancy but it’s impressive how he’s already attracting some guests who are genuinely close to the band and upcoming guests who have actually recorded with Jon!

liljovi93 03-12-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1251565)
Thanks Jackie! Some nice comments there.

I really enjoyed doing the podcast with Jay. He’s put so much time and effort into these, as well as running his Twitter account and working mad hours as a PT.

Obviously the podcasts are in their infancy but it’s impressive how he’s already attracting some guests who are genuinely close to the band and upcoming guests who have actually recorded with Jon!

Cheers Andy. I finished the podcast with Mark Weiss yesterday 30 mins before I was due in with a client and I don't drive so it shows how dedicated I am to these at the moment.

I've already got a bunch of people lined up for this week's episodes. I'm going to try and spread them out so people aren't behind on them. Mark's will be out by the end of the week though as he'd like his one out early.

You already know who is lined up for the podcasts and it's amazing who is willing to come on.

Tomorrow, Kenny Aronoff is coming on the podcast!! Drummer of the Young Guns 2 album. I'm EXCITED for this!!!

I've asked Kenny if we can do a Q&A so if he says yes, I'll ask some of you on here to send questions over.

Jeeper 03-12-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251566)
Cheers Andy. I finished the podcast with Mark Weiss yesterday 30 mins before I was due in with a client and I don't drive so it shows how dedicated I am to these at the moment.

I've already got a bunch of people lined up for this week's episodes. I'm going to try and spread them out so people aren't behind on them. Mark's will be out by the end of the week though as he'd like his one out early.

You already know who is lined up for the podcasts and it's amazing who is willing to come on.

Tomorrow, Kenny Aronoff is coming on the podcast!! Drummer of the Young Guns 2 album. I'm EXCITED for this!!!

I've asked Kenny if we can do a Q&A so if he says yes, I'll ask some of you on here to send questions over.

No doubting your commitment mate.

REALLY looking forward to the Kenny podcast. The guy is a legend and has played on so many huge albums as well as touring with the likes of John Mellencamp.

This one could achieve your highest view count yet I reckon.

liljovi93 03-12-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1251567)
No doubting your commitment mate.

REALLY looking forward to the Kenny podcast. The guy is a legend and has played on so many huge albums as well as touring with the likes of John Mellencamp.

This one could achieve your highest view count yet I reckon.

I'm really hoping so mate. Jake's has done brilliant so far so I expect Kenny to do even better