Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did John Shanks ruin Bon Jovi? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69811)

Bleeding Purist 12-22-2016 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1216502)
As I said, Shanks couldn't have done so unless Jon had wanted him to. If it hadn't been Shanks, it would have been someone else.

No.

Jon had no desire to oust Richie. Richie ousted Richie. This is a fact you need to face.

Jon would prefer the band be intact with Richie being on point and in place. It sells tickets and it was a creative partnership that went on for 30 years. It was a decision made for him by Richie that it ended and he is now embracing it.

BD135 12-22-2016 04:09 AM

The buck stops with Jon. He's the one with the real power. It is ultimately up to him who the producer is.

Walleris 12-22-2016 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1216504)
No.

Jon had no desire to oust Richie. Richie ousted Richie. This is a fact you need to face.

Jon would prefer the band be intact with Richie being on point and in place. It sells tickets and it was a creative partnership that went on for 30 years. It was a decision made for him by Richie that it ended and he is now embracing it.

Jon also pays Orianthi so that she would get Richie regularly drunk to make him look and sound bad in performances so that fans wouldn't ask to 'bring Richie back'.

Propaganda at its finest...

danfan 12-22-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alice (Post 1216472)
I dont like to see Shanks to play guitars with the band, or to see him on band videos, we have Phil X.

Agreed. Or on tour. I hate that Jon does this.

GabrielC 12-22-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1216509)
Agreed. Or on tour. I hate that Jon does this.

Shanks is better than Bandiera, at least.

Bleeding Purist 12-22-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1216508)
Jon also pays Orianthi so that she would get Richie regularly drunk to make him look and sound bad in performances so that fans wouldn't ask to 'bring Richie back'.

Propaganda at its finest...

That Jon.... is there no end to his devious ways? Who knew such evil hid behind that smile?

Kathleen 12-22-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1216516)
That Jon.... is there no end to his devious ways? Who knew such evil hid behind that smile?

Exactly.....

Javier 12-22-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1216512)
Shanks is better than Bandiera, at least.

Bandiera brought an amazing voice with him. He backed up Jon a LOT! Shanks doesn't have that going for him, and he doesn't seem to pull off the solos that well live. He's maybe a bit more technically proficient than Bobby but from his live playing, I think the solo's he did on Burning Bridges had to have been spliced together from dozens of takes....

Eveline 12-22-2016 09:53 PM

So much acidness in some comments here, no fun at all.

DryCounty 12-23-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1216522)
Bandiera brought an amazing voice with him. He backed up Jon a LOT! Shanks doesn't have that going for him, and he doesn't seem to pull off the solos that well live. He's maybe a bit more technically proficient than Bobby but from his live playing, I think the solo's he did on Burning Bridges had to have been spliced together from dozens of takes....

That is most likely why Everett Bradley is a part of the touring band now. Seems unlikely that Jon all of a sudden feels the need to have percussion player after all these years. Of course his percussion adds a lot in some songs but he is to 80 % there because he has a great voice.
And Shanks guitar playing are way beyond Bobbys. I compared Bobbys take on Bad Name and Shanks take on it and there's really no comparing. Shanks shits all over Bobby when it comes to technique and playing solos.
Who knew it would take two guys to replace Bobby :lol:

But for me it's a win-win. A voice as good as Bobys in Everett and a guitar player much more suited for Bon Jovi in Shanks.