Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tokyo Road - Best Of - Mini Disc Live. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70793)

on_m3rcur_7 12-20-2020 03:43 AM

Tokyo Road - Best Of - Mini Disc Live.
 
I have bought this japanese best of called 'Tokyo Road'. It comes with a 3" inch mini disc that contains 4 live songs.

See here: https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Tok...elease/2018587

I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.

My question is:
Do you know when/where these songs were recorded? Would love to know.

Thanks.

rolo_tomachi 12-20-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1271412)
I have bought this japanese best of called 'Tokyo Road'. It comes with a 3" inch mini disc that contains 4 live songs.

See here: https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Tok...elease/2018587

I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.

My question is:
Do you know when/where these songs were recorded? Would love to know.

Thanks.

Tokyo Road - Live Tokyo 1985
Not Fade Away - Live London 1997
Next 100 Years - Live Canada 2000
Father Time - Live San Diego 1991

steel_horse75 12-20-2020 10:23 AM

Tokyo Toad - Best Of - Mini Disc Live.
 
Discogs are really weird how they allow some bootlegs but not others.
Cool find.
I used to have a portable recordable minidisc player around 1998ish. It was pretty cool little device.
The first thing I ever bought on eBay was 20 blank minidiscs in 2002ish - long before PayPal and you had to send a cheque off.
I even bought the Cd and minidisc stereo unit that allowed to you to record CDs to minidisc and it had a wheel in the middle that you used to name the tracks on the minidisc so it showed when the track was played. Looked a bit like the pic below.
Then in 2003 I got an iPod and sold everything minidisc related.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...365fd76983.jpg

Thinny 12-20-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1271414)
Discogs are really weird how they allow some bootlegs but not others.

This isn't a bootleg. Official compilation released in Japan only.

By Mini Disc he means a small CD, not an actual Mini Disc. It's a 3" 4 track CD.

steel_horse75 12-20-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271415)
This isn't a bootleg. Official compilation released in Japan only.

By Mini Disc he means a small CD, not an actual Mini Disc. It's a 3" 4 track CD.

Ah right.
I had one of those i think it was an Aerosmith cd single.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

on_m3rcur_7 12-20-2020 05:31 PM

Thanks for clarification folks.

Johny 12-21-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1271413)
Tokyo Road - Live Tokyo 1985
Not Fade Away - Live London 1997
Next 100 Years - Live Canada 2000
Father Time - Live San Diego 1991

Where do you have this info from?

I'm sure only about Father Time being from Nov 16, 1991 show. London June 12, 1997 for Jon's solo song would be an obvious choice as all the other released live songs are from there but is there any proof?
Next 100 Years from Canada? Only because IML and TYFLM exist from the Toronto Nov 27, 2000 show?
Tokyo Road sounds like the one from Tokyo April 28, 1985. The other circulated on various releases is from Rio 1990 and that's not this one.

Captain_jovi 12-21-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271421)
Where do you have this info from?

I'm sure only about Father Time being from Nov 16, 1991 show. London June 12, 1997 for Jon's solo song would be an obvious choice as all the other released live songs are from there but is there any proof?
Next 100 Years from Canada? Only because IML and TYFLM exist from the Toronto Nov 27, 2000 show?
Tokyo Road sounds like the one from Tokyo April 28, 1985. The other circulated on various releases is from Rio 1990 and that's not this one.

I'm fairly certain the dates for it are on the booket/front of the disc. I have mine stashed away somewhere, I'll give a look tomorrow. Pretty N1Y is Toronto, 2000 though.

Johny 12-21-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271422)
I'm fairly certain the dates for it are on the booket/front of the disc. I have mine stashed away somewhere, I'll give a look tomorrow. Pretty N1Y is Toronto, 2000 though.

Well, they aren't :) I'm looking at it now. It only says "live version" plus that the two are from their solo tours.

There is no Toronto 2000 bootleg so there's no comparison and it'd be very hard to compare anyway, maybe by those "thank yous" at the end.

Captain_jovi 12-21-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271423)
Well, they aren't :) I'm looking at it now. It only says "live version" plus that the two are from their solo tours.

There is no Toronto 2000 bootleg so there's no comparison and it'd be very hard to compare anyway, maybe by those "thanks yous" at the end.

Oh damn! hmm where did I see those dates posted. I might just be imagining things now.

Isn't this the same show?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.