Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Motley Crue have done it can Bon Jovi?? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45891)

jade4jovi 07-08-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 859844)
Motley Crue are over-rated IMO.

True. Bon Jovi are miles better, anyways. They can't really be compared too much, because they're just different.

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 859883)
You disgraceful dirty person!

What?! Just cos I like causing pain doesn't mean I'm disgraceful or dirty <_<

You're dirty for thinking that :p

Captain Walrus 07-09-2008 12:19 AM

IMO, parts of Crush absolutely reeked of the band trying to rewrite SWW / NJ .... that's why we got rehashes of Prayer (It's My Life) and Blood On Blood (Just Older)

I'd only want them to do a rock album if it sounded natural, rather than forced, and if it wasn't them trying to rewrite previous songs. I haven't heard the new Crue album yet, except for the title track, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one that people get all excited about for a while, then they go back to listening to Shout At The Devil or Doctor Feelgood. Put simply, if Bon Jovi are going to make a new rock album, I'd like it to be something new, rather than a rehash of their former glories

And what's wrong with experimentation? Hell, if Jovi had stuck with to "if it ain't broke don't fix it", we never would have got KTF or TD

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 07-09-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 859967)
IMO, parts of Crush absolutely reeked of the band trying to rewrite SWW / NJ .... that's why we got rehashes of Prayer (It's My Life) and Blood On Blood (Just Older)

I'd only want them to do a rock album if it sounded natural, rather than forced, and if it wasn't them trying to rewrite previous songs. I haven't heard the new Crue album yet, except for the title track, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one that people get all excited about for a while, then they go back to listening to Shout At The Devil or Doctor Feelgood. Put simply, if Bon Jovi are going to make a new rock album, I'd like it to be something new, rather than a rehash of their former glories

And what's wrong with experimentation? Hell, if Jovi had stuck with to "if it ain't broke don't fix it", we never would have got KTF or TD

or LH, :cool::rolleyes: which was imo a good experiment.

Dave 1986 07-09-2008 01:12 AM

To be honest, I don't think ANOTHER break would really do an aweful lot of good. Just cause it 'worked' with KTF and TD doesn't mean it'll work again. You have to bare in mind, back in 1990 they actually did break up (well it was a break up compared to the 1995-2000 gap) and HAD to start from square 1 when writing KTF.

Also, they were still an aspiring band back then, not to mention competing with the changes in the rock/music scene in the early 90's . It's not like that anymore, they're not an aspiring band anymore and nor are they in any need to compete with anyone else. Like people have already said here, they've made it now. Don't really need to prove anything to the world anymore.

And no, I don't want another SWW/NJ album as I already have them. They're great albums and I don't want them ruined by half-arsed clones of them. Same with KTF/TD. Also great, but I don't want part 2 of any album. With a new album, I want them to be human beings again and really show off their songwriting and musicianship like they did with KTF/TD.

I just want them to be human beings again like they were on KTF and TD.

yomamasofat 07-09-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 859967)

An experiment can go wrong. But it can go right as well.
KTF is an experiment went right and that was awesome. I still think half of TD is a bad experiment.

yomamasofat 07-09-2008 01:27 AM

And Crue is not overrated. NO 80s band is overrated because they always get slagged by critics.

slippery89 07-09-2008 06:50 AM

Well I only agree with the guys taking some time off and come back fresh. I also think HAND and Crush were great albums and even LH to a certain extent. Now as far as Motley Crue's new album, I no where near think it's album of the year not even close.

JimmyHill 07-09-2008 08:09 AM

i'm all in favour of waiting a while for the next album, hopefully their go away take a nice break and then spend abit more time on the next album! LH was a good experiment, not my favourite album but never the less was something different but i hope they leave that side behind now!

I'm one of the new generation, a few years ago i would be what is called a casual Jovi fan, until they released HAND, i couldn't get enough of that album and still think its a great album! Ok i will admit it was only about 5/6 years ago when i first got into music, so unfortunely wasn't really into music previous to this! But obviously i've become a huge fan now and love most BJ albums but especially SWW and KTF. I would love an album of that quality once again, i know times have moved on and musics slightly changed but the guys still have it in them to produce something of similar quality. HAND was a step in the right direction in my eyes but they can still improve on that!

Arash 07-09-2008 11:06 AM

If their Coming-back-to-roots albums is going to be anything like Have a nice day, i don't want to hear it.