Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Motley Crue have done it can Bon Jovi?? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45891)

steel_horse75 07-08-2008 01:39 PM

Motley Crue have done it can Bon Jovi??

The Crue have made possibly album of the year and its a great comeback album.
after 14 years of awfulness the Crue have gone back to basics and made a non-ballad, balls out, hard rock album.

question is? can Jovi do the same??? since after These Days the albums have been ok to say the least - I say Jovi take 3 or 4 years off and go home to write a 2011 version (or in the same vien) of SWW & NJ - Go back to basics like the crue.

are you lot with me or agin me?

discuss

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 02:19 PM

I'm agin with you.

richshaw 07-08-2008 03:08 PM

i very much agree.
ive been thinking this for a while.
i love bon jovi but they need to go away for a while, sit in a dark room and have a good long hard think!
in the 2000's bon jovi have released so much material, a bon jovi album doesnt feel like an event anymore.
i love sambora, but i think on the recent albums hes been lazy for a while now, we know hes quality, hes got to show it more (maybe on a new solo record?)
i want them to come back with something that really matters, i want them to blow me away again...until then....stay away (in the nicest possible way)
Rich.

Alec As Such 07-08-2008 03:16 PM

In my humble opinion, all the BJ albums after These Days suck hard (maybe apart from a few songs) so I really would like them to go back to square one and to the basics. Of course, they don't have to anything they don't want to, but a new SWW is what I would like to hear and there's no changing that.

I just the band live for the first time ever and the new songs are just so bad. You could really see, hear and feel the energy level in the audience drop to the floor during the material made after Keep The Faith (It's My Life being an exception). It is just boring radio-friendly (okay, that's pretty much what Jovi's always been) adult-pop-rock. Just absolutely no attitude and no edge. I'm really sorry to say this as a BJ fan for over 20 years but that's the way I feel.

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:37 PM

I do not agree with you Alec As Smith.

The albums are These Days don't suck that much. Don't compare to TD but they don't suck.

Grypweed 07-08-2008 03:40 PM

LH compares to TD, Mr. Oliver Maxwell Thomas! And anybody who wants to tell me it doesn't, here's my response to all: BITE ME.

RSROCKS 07-08-2008 03:41 PM

Don't waste your time comparing Motley Crue to Bon Jovi.

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absol.lution (Post 859415)
LH compares to TD, Mr. Oliver Maxwell Thomas! And anybody who wants to tell me it doesn't, here's my response to all: BITE ME.

Oh yeah I forgot about LH :(

*commits internet suicide*

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 859416)
Don't waste your time comparing Motley Crue to Bon Jovi.

Even though I love Motley Crue, I agree with your statement fully.

Motley Crue take nearly a decade to make an album and come back with lyrics like "I thought her pussy was gold", at least Jovi write half-decent lyrics.

Grypweed 07-08-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859417)
Oh yeah I forgot about LH :(

*commits internet suicide*

*Calls cybernet medic ambulance peoples*

Grypweed 07-08-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859418)
Even though I love Motley Crue, I agree with this statement fully.

Motley Crue take nearly a decade to make an album and come back with lyrics like "I thought her pussy was gold", at least Jovi write half-decent lyrics.

You lied to me! I wasted my last cent calling the ambulance!

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absol.lution (Post 859419)
*Calls cybernet medic ambulance peoples*

They probably wouldn't even come out to help me :(

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absol.lution (Post 859420)
You lied to me! I wasted my last cent calling the ambulance!

April fools.

Grypweed 07-08-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859422)
April fools.

Oh, haha! Good one!

Wait, I'm not Jack :(

Anyway, I agree with that person who said don't compare em. Even though that's not what was being done, really. But still...

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absol.lution (Post 859423)
Oh, haha! Good one!

Wait, I'm not Jack :(

Anyway, I agree with that person who said don't compare em. Even though that's not what was being done, really. But still...

Aw :(

I didn't even read the first post past the first sentence. I just skip to the replies, like reading a book but only looking at the pictures.

Grypweed 07-08-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859424)
Aw :(

I didn't even read the first post past the first sentence. I just skip to the replies, like reading a book but only looking at the pictures.

You must have read the ...1-2-3.... 8th-to-last words though.

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absol.lution (Post 859426)
You must have read the ...1-2-3.... 8th-to-last words though.

I did, I did! It wasn't one sentence on it's own, seemed easier to read.

danfan 07-08-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859418)
Even though I love Motley Crue, I agree with this statement fully.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!!!

Not being sarcastic - It's just so true.

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 859432)
That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!!!

Not being sarcastic - It's just so true.

It's a real lame lyric though. Sounds like something I would write whilst sober.

crashed 07-08-2008 04:19 PM

Lol.

I did read Nikki Sixx's book and some of the lyrics in there aren't too bad.

With regards to Jovi - I've said in a few other threads they schould screw the GH or solo albums or a break - and go do a brand new rock album.

Richie has been lazy on previous albums but I think it's clear now that that's because of his personal issues.

He seemed on fire on the tour, and Jon is singing better than ever.

They could really do a phenomenal album right now - but I suppose they need some inspiration first.

steel_horse75 07-08-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 859465)
Lol.

I did read Nikki Sixx's book and some of the lyrics in there aren't too bad.

With regards to Jovi - I've said in a few other threads they schould screw the GH or solo albums or a break - and go do a brand new rock album.

Richie has been lazy on previous albums but I think it's clear now that that's because of his personal issues.

He seemed on fire on the tour, and Jon is singing better than ever.

They could really do a phenomenal album right now - but I suppose they need some inspiration first.

I agree 100%
some of Ritchies solos on the last 4 albums might as well not have been there.
I think if you’re a jovi fan of say 20 years (like me) then anything after These Days is disappointing – there are a few highs on the last 4 albums but they are too few and far between – too much mediocrity.

I agree with the statement of the live songs - the new ones don’t go down to well – take twickers 1st night - we got 2 from LH which is strange as it’s the LH tour !

Im not comparing Crue to Jovi they are totally different music wise but the same in that the last 14 years they have somewhat lost their way – even Nikki Sixx has come out and said they experimented too much on the last 3 albums.
Save the experiments for box sets, bonus track or b-sides.
SWW and NJ are classic albums a must in every rock fans collection and the same is said for Crues Shout at the Devil and Dr Feelgood – SOLA (new album) can be put next to those 2 early albums and I think Jovi need another album to put next to NJ and SWW – agree that there has been too many albums in the last few years. Quality is better than Quantity.
I got the feeling that there a lot of young Jovi fans who don’t know any better and think the HAND is brilliant or that LH rocks. For us older fans (I may be wrong) but we are disappointed with the new stuff as I said before a few highs but not enough.
A few people on here would be happy with a Jovi album of burps and farts just because its Bon Jovi.

All im saying is go away, take some time out and come back with an album that will simply blow the music world away – they are capable but are they hungry enough – the crue certainly are.

Grypweed 07-08-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 859486)
A few people on here would be happy with a Jovi album of burps and farts just because its Bon Jovi.

No need to get personal now :(

No but in all seriousness, I'm of the younger generation, and TD is my favourite album (followed closely by KTF/NJ & LH), but I still enjoy the new stuff aswell. Honestly, I'd be happy if they released another LH or HAND, so...

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 04:46 PM

Yeah, what's wrong with farting?

liljovi93 07-08-2008 05:07 PM

It would be good if Bon Jovi took a few years break and made a solid rock album.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 05:35 PM

I like ballads, Bon Jovi are excellent at doing them.

Crushgen24/88 07-08-2008 07:35 PM

Do I think Bon Jovi should take a break (As far as strict recording) for a while, and come back in a few years?
Yes.
But, do I think they should release a SWW/NJ style album?
**** no.
You can't recapture the past, and an SWW/NJ style album would sound COMPLETELY hollow and forced. Maybe it works for Motley Crue (though I don't like all of the new record), but I don't think it would work for Jovi.

liljovi93 07-08-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 859569)
I like ballads, Bon Jovi are excellent at doing them.

I don't mind most Bon Jovi ballads, i love always, everyone knows that, so if it's that type of ballad, great!

I'd love to hear Bon Jovi do a great rock album especially with Jon's voice atm.

Neurotica33 07-08-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 859317)
The Crue have made possibly album of the year and its a great comeback album.
after 14 years of awfulness the Crue have gone back to basics and made a non-ballad, balls out, hard rock album.

question is? can Jovi do the same??? since after These Days the albums have been ok to say the least - I say Jovi take 3 or 4 years off and go home to write a 2011 version (or in the same vien) of SWW & NJ - Go back to basics like the crue.

are you lot with me or agin me?

discuss

Motley Crue have never been about the music. I wouldn't cross the road to see them.
True, Bon Jovi need to go back to their rock roots, but to even compare them to Motley Crue is laughable!

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica33 (Post 859659)
Motley Crue have never been about the music. I wouldn't cross the road to see them.
True, Bon Jovi need to go back to their rock roots, but to even compare them to Motley Crue is laughable!

Why do they need to go back to their rock roots? Yes, Lost Highway wasn't the best 'rock' album they have did, but at least they were trying new things and the result was very good IMO.

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 07-08-2008 08:52 PM

jon has always gone on about the band evolving etc and they have matured, they aint gunna go back to NJ/SWW sadly, jon would see it as them becoming a nostalgia act. We could get another TD style album i think though.

jade4jovi 07-08-2008 09:13 PM

Yes...I truely think they could come out with something BRILLIANT. I think they have it in them, at the moment. Will they? Hmmm, maybe not. I don't think they realise they have it in them, as much as they do. Fingers crossed they will amaze us next album.

Mongoose 07-08-2008 09:31 PM

Did Crue need to do that? Yes.

Do Jovi? No.

There's your answer.

The boys are coasting at the mo, loads of cash, loads of gigs, they dont need to knuckle down and work at it. To be fair they haven't for a long time, that's why (in my opinion) the music has changed over the years. They made it, all the best old old songs were about dreaming, songs that came out of a desire to get there, since they got there (after NJ I reckon) they haven't really needed to put in the effort - except after the break and out of that came These Days :cool:

bjcrazycpa 07-08-2008 10:12 PM

Not to be the downer, but I think if anyone is looking for a real balls to the walls hard rock record from Jovi, you are going to be disappointed. I just don't see that type of record as being them anymore, I really don't. I guess we'll see what the next band record brings.

And I can't even listen to Crue because Vince's voice is like nails on a chalk board.

deb

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 10:20 PM

Motley Crue are over-rated IMO.

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 859844)
Motley Crue are over-rated IMO.

YOU'RE overated <_<

:p

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859848)
YOU'RE overated <_<

:p

True but it doesn't mean they aren't overrated, does it? ;)

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 10:26 PM

:( Don't make me punch you :p

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859861)
:( Don't make me punch you :p

Why would I make someone punch me? Nobody likes to feel pain :)

Goldsausage 07-08-2008 10:34 PM

There's a pain I like.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-08-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 859879)
There's a pain I like.

You disgraceful dirty person!