Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What If Crossroad were a double album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70714)

Faceman 06-15-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264780)
I'm surprised this is new info for everyone.

It isn't, we mention it on our site as well (Crossroad got added in late 2018 ).
It's just that there's no evidence for it being a stripped down version.
Like you said yourself, you "assume" it - so yes, you make it up.

I'm not claiming to be right either, I'm just telling my thoughts on this matter.
And I don't think it's very likely.
And furthermore I miss a reliable source for that info as well. It's been a rumour for years with nobody clarifying where it's coming from.

Rdkopper 06-15-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1264785)
It's not that it's new info, it's that it's never been properly attributed to when and where it was said. It's been a rumour for awhile that someone put into Wikipedia, doesn't really make it fact until someone can point out who said it and when.

Wikipedia copy and pasted it from other online music publications... So it's not someone self made Wikipedia thing.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 06-15-2020 09:16 PM

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...st-hits-album/

Plans to record an updated, full-band version of the Jon Bon Jovi solo hit ‘Runaway’, were, however, scrapped during lead up to Cross Road’s release.

Johny 06-15-2020 11:39 PM

Even though nobody cares about my tracklist, I'm happy to stir up a debate about golden old times.

It amazes me, that I have used the title worng for two decades. I've always thought the name of the album was Crossroad and it seems to be Cross Road. The space between the words on the cover is not that promiment, it could be the font style thing.
Doesn't it change the meaning of the album a bit?

Thinny 06-15-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1264793)
Even though nobody cares about my tracklist, I'm happy to stir up a debate about golden old times.?

I didn't realise when I posted it but my tracklisting is verytsimilar to yours albeit in a different order!

Captain_jovi 06-16-2020 01:31 AM

I'm still very on the fence about this Runaway '94 thing to be honest. A retrospective review of an album from 2019 from someone not involved with it still isn't really enough. But he's pulling quotes from SOMETHING. I'd like to track down the original interview for a project I'm working on, if anyone knows where this came from lemme know.

Rdkopper 06-16-2020 02:31 AM

I have a question. Is Always on the box the original recording? Or just the demo? I know the song was recorded twice.

YOVANAfromPeru 06-16-2020 03:16 AM

Quote:

Even though nobody cares about my tracklist, I'm happy to stir up a debate about golden old times.

Lol.......

Rdkopper 06-16-2020 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1264801)
I have a question. Is Always on the box the original recording? Or just the demo? I know the song was recorded twice.

I'm answering my own question and going with the final version of the first recording... Maybe not mixed and mastered but definitely too much going on to just be a demo.

steel_horse75 06-16-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

It amazes me, that I have used the title worng for two decades. I've always thought the name of the album was Crossroad and it seems to be Cross Road. The space between the words on the cover is not that promiment, it could be the font style thing.
Doesn't it change the meaning of the album a bit?

Jon said the title was because the band had reached a crossroads or cross road in their career. They knew These Days would sound much different to previous releases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk