Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

cqleonardo 01-25-2018 06:31 AM

why the hell they putted on the 2010 Special Edition of SWW the MSG version of Prayer? makes no sense

Walleris 01-25-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1233607)
why the hell they putted on the 2010 Special Edition of SWW the MSG version of Prayer? makes no sense

I'm guessing because there isn't a truly great version from the SWW tour. Those 1986-87 performances have Jon either poorly attempting to sing the chorus and not sounding good at all (earlier shows) or very obviously lip-syncing to a playback (later shows) and he did not want either thing to be officially released.

BTW, I believe LOAP is from Central Park, not MSG, but don't quote me on that.

cqleonardo 01-25-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233608)
I'm guessing because there isn't a truly great version from the SWW tour. Those 1986-87 performances have Jon either poorly attempting to sing the chorus and not sounding good at all (earlier shows) or very obviously lip-syncing to a playback (later shows) and he did not want either thing to be officially released.

BTW, I believe LOAP is from Central Park, not MSG, but don't quote me on that.

I get that but why didn't put a version of the Jersey tour? Makes more sense

Walleris 01-25-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1233623)
I get that but why didn't put a version of the Jersey tour? Makes more sense

Well the NJ tour didn't have full playback like SWW, but still the chorus click track for the high notes was really high in the mix. Perhaps Jon was embarrassed about that, because when you are listening to an audio and you don't see him pointing his mic to the crowd, it may seem like he's lip-syncing to it and again, chose one of the versions where the playback is very silent and is drowned by the crowd singing like it has been for the past 10+ years.

But I'm with you, I'd have preferred a NJ tour version as well, just because we have so a lot more recent ones in great quality already.

Again, this is pure speculation.

DavetheGodofKeys 01-25-2018 07:22 PM

It would've been good if they put Prayer from Bradford 1986 as Jon hits all the high notes there.

bonjovi90 01-25-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233629)
Well the NJ tour didn't have full playback like SWW, but still the chorus click track for the high notes was really high in the mix. Perhaps Jon was embarrassed about that, because when you are listening to an audio and you don't see him pointing his mic to the crowd, it may seem like he's lip-syncing to it and again, chose one of the versions where the playback is very silent and is drowned by the crowd singing like it has been for the past 10+ years.

But I'm with you, I'd have preferred a NJ tour version as well, just because we have so a lot more recent ones in great quality already.

Again, this is pure speculation.

NJ tour versions (like the one from MK) didn't have the chorus so high in the mix and are a blast to listen to!
Btw. the live version from the Special Edition is from Central Park, no doubt about hat ;)

Rdkopper 01-25-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1233633)
Btw. the live version from the Special Edition is from Central Park, no doubt about hat ;)

I'll second that... the audience video on YouTube has Jon saying the same thing at the end... Something about New York City...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Becky 01-29-2018 04:46 AM

I’m watching an episode of Mom. Christy was talking to her ex on the phone and said something to the effect of “Are you trying to say the Serenity Prayer? Because those are the lyrics to Living on a Prayer.” Now I don’t see distance well without my glasses, but I think the episode title is “Xanex and a Baby Duck.” Honestly, it’s between that and “Mama and a Baby D*ck.” Astigmatism. Whatcha gonna do?

Walleris 01-29-2018 05:45 AM

A few semi-geeky questions on Jon's high notes live:

1. When was the last time that Jon went high on the chorus on the Saturday Night (like I got nothing but this ROLL of a dice)? Was it Giants 2006?
2. When was the last time that Jon properly tried to sing the pre-solo notes on Keep The Faith before the solo (YEAH YEAH YEAH)? I know he tried it a few times recently (most notably in Miami 2016), but I mean properly nailing it. Was it Central Park 2008?
3. When was the last pre-chorus scream on I'll Be There For You? Was it Giants 2001?
4. When was the last time Jon properly sang the ending of Hey God chorus (HEY HEY HEY HEY god, do you ever think about me?) Was it...1995?
5. When was the last time Jon did ANY kind of ad-lib/improvisation on the end of Always before the second Richie solo (baby you do me no wrong...)? Was it Helsinki 1996?

DavetheGodofKeys 01-29-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233734)
A few semi-geeky questions on Jon's high notes live:

1. When was the last time that Jon went high on the chorus on the Saturday Night (like I got nothing but this ROLL of a dice)? Was it Giants 2006?
2. When was the last time that Jon properly tried to sing the pre-solo notes on Keep The Faith before the solo (YEAH YEAH YEAH)? I know he tried it a few times recently (most notably in Miami 2016), but I mean properly nailing it. Was it Central Park 2008?
3. When was the last pre-chorus scream on I'll Be There For You? Was it Giants 2001?
4. When was the last time Jon properly sang the ending of Hey God chorus (HEY HEY HEY HEY god, do you ever think about me?) Was it...1995?
5. When was the last time Jon did ANY kind of ad-lib/improvisation on the end of Always before the second Richie solo (baby you do me no wrong...)? Was it Helsinki 1996?

As far as really nailing those KTF notes, I'd say Amsterdam 2005.