Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Worldwide chart positions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70773)

liljovi93 10-09-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1269177)
Jesus, Amanda Holden went in above them. What a joke....

It is annoying but she did also have a performance of BGT.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Dicanio 10-09-2020 09:25 PM

The sales figures are embarrassing whichever way they are dressed up. Im amazed at how low the sales figures are compared to how many tickets they sold in the UK last year.

Butters 10-09-2020 10:33 PM

Who buys actual albums anymore? Doesn't everybody just get their the music through Spotify and the like now?

I wouldn't be stressing over chart positions anymore.

Thinny 10-09-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1269183)
Who buys actual albums anymore? Doesn't everybody just get their the music through Spotify and the like now?

Streaming counts as part of the charts too. However, figures indicate that most of Bon Jovi sales were physical. Older fans, especially rock fans still buy more CDs and Vinyl than stream.

Thinny 10-09-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1269181)
It is annoying but she did also have a performance of BGT.

I just can't believe that than many people actually willing purchased or streamed her album. What a strange bunch we are in the UK... :rolleyes:

steel_horse75 10-10-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1269173)
Number 5 in the UK it has entered.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Who'd have thought yoda is a member of this site....[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 10-10-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1269183)

I wouldn't be stressing over chart positions anymore.

Me. I hate streaming its compressed to hell and the artists don't get paid enough. Yes its convenient when having a party or bbq to put on Spotify and do a party mix playlist or find a song at the drop of a hat but for the music I love i buy the physical product.

As elvis once said... always have......always will

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Johny 10-10-2020 02:07 AM

But that's the point. People consume music nowadays. It became too easily accessible and we basically don't value things that are easily accessible. For the mojority of people music is the background. They like one song and it's replaced by another after two weeks. Everything gets faster, it's come and go. That's why albums don't make that much sense for many artists.

I love spotify because I can find new artists to listen to but I'll always value my music collection the most.
Now I'm listening to Spotify to boost the sales or the streams or whatever :D won't make much difference but I feel like I'm helping while I'm waiting for my Japanese edition :D

Captain_jovi 10-10-2020 02:19 AM

Not only that but Spotify streams aren't exactly 1:1 as far as record sales/Billboard numbers go.

steel_horse75 10-10-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1269198)
But that's the point. People consume music nowadays. It became too easily accessible and we basically don't value things that are easily accessible. For the mojority of people music is the background. They like one song and it's replaced by another after two weeks. Everything gets faster, it's come and go. That's why albums don't make that much sense for many artists.

Agree totally.
Years ago when you bought an album you cherished it. You loved it and you had to make sure you bought correctly as it would take a few weeks pocket money before you could buy another one.
You enjoyed getting into a band and discovering their back catalogue.
Yes you can do that on Spotify, discover a bands discography but as you say, its become background music because people are already thinking about the next song or album to find which isn’t good. It means songs aren’t getting digested.
It’s play the new Bon Jovi album ok that’s finished, what’s next, I see Queen just released a live album, ok play that, that’s finished whose next....
The next one is the focus so much people don’t listen to what’s actually playing.
It’s easy to listen to an album on Spotify and instantly forget it.
How many times have you seen ...yah heard it this morning it’s rubbish.
They’ve heard it once...while doing something else so haven’t taken it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk