Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who Do You Think Got Worse Vocals- Jon or Axl? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70435)

bjcrazycpa 10-23-2018 01:10 PM

I never thought Axl could sing period so he had no voice to lose lol!

steel_horse75 10-23-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1246024)
I never thought Axl could sing period so he had no voice to lose lol!

Errrrrrrrrrr ok. :D

bjcrazycpa 10-23-2018 05:23 PM

True story...I didn't think he could sing but then again rock wasn't about the best singers that's for sure. I like good vocalists, like Freddie Mercury, Steve Perry, Paul Rodgers, etc.

Rdkopper 10-23-2018 06:20 PM

Keep in mind, Axl was still capable of fronting AC/DC for that period of time (I'd love to get some soundboards from some of those shows)...

Raz0r 10-23-2018 07:46 PM

I saw Axl live 4 times over the last 2 years, 3 times with GNR, once with AC/DC. I also saw a couple of Axl/DC shows live via parascope, and have a bootleg of one of their first European dates. Every show has been awesome. Every one.

Axl has indeed had major voice issues 2010-2014, he straight up sounded like Mickey Mouse. I imagine he started working with a vocal coach, because he has been on point since the GNR reunion. Anyone online saying otherwise is just trolling the fan base.

In regards to Jon's voice, I don't want to say anything negative. I'm still going to shows and enjoying them, but it's not the same... not even close.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JoviForever 10-23-2018 08:08 PM

I always hated Axls voice - sounds like he’s swallowed razor blades!

Raz0r 10-23-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246008)
Axl didn't stop touring when Slash left the band though! He was constantly on the road with his own version of GNR...

I wouldn't say constantly on the road. He didn't tour between 94-2000, and only did a few shows 2001-2002 and took another break till 2006. He's been touring consistantly sinse then though, put on some awesome shows 2006-2008, his voice started to go 2009, 2010 we got mickey. 2016 to present, return to form.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 10-23-2018 09:52 PM

I'll never forget this moment... A duet of Free Falling between Axl Rose and Tom Petty... up until and including the 2:30 mark, this performance was a mess... off key and unrehearsed... around the 2:50 mark Axl decides "that's it" and just fully takes over and turns it into Guns and Roses song... No disrespect to Tom (huge fan) but Axl just completely outshines him... Some comments blame Axl for his ego but he wasn't a huge dick like most assumed... he knew he had to be him to save the show...

And those notes at 3:40 (wow)!

https://youtu.be/0ZSNcwAWj-4

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Becky 10-24-2018 12:28 AM

So, Axl has had more inactive years. I don’t follow GnR, so I was not aware of Axl doing any *major* tours until he worked with AC/DC and GnR regrouped. I know they’re still touring, but I have very limited windows to go to shows, and pretty much no one plays locally, so I have not been able to see them.

Rdkopper 10-24-2018 02:10 PM

One of the biggest misconceptions about Axl is, most people think he's a big alcohol and drug guy like the rest of the guys in the band. Or just confuse him for the Vince Neil type but in fact, he's the complete opposite...

Yes, his public ego was his worst enemy but that aside, he's actually very similar to Jon on multiple levels. He's very business savvy. He obviously owns the GnR name and one of the reasons why he got rid of Slash, Duff and some of the others is because of their self destructive ways.

It's been a while but I believe it's Slash who talks about all this in his book (or maybe it was on Howard)... But Axl is a very straight laced guy.