Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70419)

Thinny 11-03-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1246766)
Another amateur Doctor amongst us.

It would absolutely be referred to as brain damage by any medical professional.There are two types, traumatic, which is acquired through e.g. a blow to the head and acquired brain damage which comes as a result of the misuse of drugs or strokes, heart attacks etc.

You and several others suggested the latter.

I'm completely done with this topic as you're obviously in la la land and making bizarre excuses for an addict and then back tracking when you're made to look silly.

How about.... Maybe he loves hot sauce so much that his tongue has become enlarged and makes him sound drunk? Sounds plausable and no one can actually prove it's bullshit and it fits my fanboy ideal that Richie isn't on something.

Anyway as I said I'm done talking about it. You can have the last word if you please.

I wasn't talking about what it would medically be referred to, as you say I'm not a doctor and never claim to be (for the record, neither are you, I expect...). I'm talking about how it would be reffered to on a day to day basis. "Brain Damage" is perceived as something much more severe (see Cap's response for instance)....but as I said, it is a form or brain damage....

So yeah, I'm done too as you are clearly unwilling to see any other point of view but your own, and resort to slinging insults around instead of actually making a decent argument...so it's not really a discussuion is it...

For the record I never back tracked on anything and never categorically stated that he wasn't on something, just that in my opinion he wasn't in that particular video...You think he's drunk in the video, I don't. That's the end of it really....

JackieBlue 11-03-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246768)
...For the record I never back tracked on anything and never categorically stated that he wasn't on something, just that in my opinion he wasn't in that particular video...You think he's drunk in the video, I don't. That's the end of it really....

I'm wit chu. ;)

semigoodlooking 11-03-2018 07:14 PM

This is one of the problems when discussing Richie. There are undoubtedly times since he left Bon Jovi where he has been high and/or drunk and it has showed. However, some say he is off his head in every single video he does, on stage, off stage, interview, TMZ airport surprise, or whatever.

As much as I would ridicule someone denying he has his issues, it is equally as stupid to believe he is always ****ed up. According to some, he never touches substances, and according to others he is swimming in coke, pills, and vodka every waking minute.

I would suggest the truth may be somewhere in-between.

Eveline 11-03-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246795)
This is one of the problems when discussing Richie. There are undoubtedly times since he left Bon Jovi where he has been high and/or drunk and it has showed. However, some say he is off his head in every single video he does, on stage, off stage, interview, TMZ airport surprise, or whatever.

As much as I would ridicule someone denying he has his issues, it is equally as stupid to believe he is always ****ed up. According to some, he never touches substances, and according to others he is swimming in coke, pills, and vodka every waking minute.

I would suggest the truth may be somewhere in-between.

I can't tell. I said he was drunk, some people wanted to make me a wet pulp of blood and flesh. Now I defend the man and I am laughed at. You can't please the people. To me Richie isn't fully himself and hasn't been for years now, whatever the cause is. In 2012 he was at the top of his game, though, so can't say it was drugs and booze that made him drift away. I'm sure his relationship with Jon was complicated and deteriorated a lot around 2010-2011 onwards. The shows months prior to his departure were so full of tension it was hard to watch *or enjoy* well, we all can see what happened to both of them AFTER they've split. Jon aged a hundred years and Richie became a shell of himself. Some people are just better together, whether they like it or not. Like two sides of one coin, bringing out the best out in each other....

Captain_jovi 11-03-2018 09:57 PM

Okay all. We now have TWO threads going on about Richie. This is exactly what I thought would happen. Let's keep this one to talk about his new album and the other one can be about everything else please.

Eveline 11-03-2018 10:09 PM

I was an admin in many groups and used to think order and sticking to one topic was everything but this is not how things work. Let people live and express their feelings and you'll see how much they have to contribute. The more I told them to behave, the less they wanted to contribute. See? You want to come back and read what folks want to say here...

Captain_jovi 11-03-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1246801)
I was an admin in many groups and used to think order and sticking to one topic was everything but this is not how things work. Let people live and express their feelings and you'll see how much they have to contribute. The more I told them to behave, the less they wanted to contribute. See? You want to come back and read what folks want to say here...

Right but it's not only for the sake of the board but for the discussion. If five people here are talking about something and another five are also talking about the same thing doesn't it just make it easier to have one place to do it? I know when I want to quote something someone said but it was in a different thread completely it's a little difficult. And when people want to learn about the new album and all it is is discussion about whether or not Richie did whatever ...It's confusing.

We want this board easy to read and keep people coming back and no one is telling people....not to express their feelings...? Just why not do it where the most people will see it and talk about it.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-03-2018 11:41 PM

I would prefer only one thread about Richie, this: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...ambora-t70391/

hihih

Walleris 11-03-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246806)
I would prefer only one thread about Richie, this: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...ambora-t70391/

hihih

Wrong answer
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...e-tour-t55338/

YOVANAfromPeru 11-03-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1246809)

https://media.giphy.com/media/2MftzjLne1QJi/giphy.gif

but that brings bad memories... lol