Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Goo Goo Dolls (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37548)

RyanBounce04 10-25-2006 09:29 AM

Goo Goo Dolls

I'm really starting to fall in love with this band. I've had Gutterflower, Dizzy Up The Girl, and Let Love In since they came out and now I've purchased A Boy Named Goo and Superstar Car Wash. There's really something about this band that's catching my eye. I've really really enjoyed listening to their albums, but right now I've just been addicted to the song "Let Love In". I think the lyrics describe the situation with the girlfriend. It just fits so well. There's something about it that moves me. It's the same way with Stay With You and Can't Let It Go. I cannot stop listening to them. Anyone else in love with these songs???? What do you guys think of them??

Ryan

Mr Bluesman 10-25-2006 12:00 PM

From Let Love In I can only say there are a couple of good songs - Can't Let It Go and Stay With You. I was disappointed with the album. Anyway, other favourites from their catalogue are String of Lies, We Are The Normal, Long Way Down, Naked, Name, All Eyes On Me, Big Machine... there's quite a few. Saw them for the first time this year in Manchester, it was a pretty small gig but they blew me away. Superb.

Emil 10-25-2006 01:14 PM

IMO they only have one really good album, Dizzy Up The Girl. That´s it. A couple of good songs from the other albums, such as Naked, Cuz You´re Gone, Big Machine and Here Is Gone.. Let Love In is a disaster. It´s only Stay With You and Better Days that I would even consider listening to.
I think they´re a bit boring, with a rather plain sound.

Captain_jovi 10-25-2006 03:03 PM

I LOVE the title track, Let Love in as well.

ShaSha 10-25-2006 03:59 PM

LOVE them, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of this album. Overall it just seems kind of slow to me and nothing about it has really grabbed me the way their other albums have. I do love Stay With You, though.
Superstar Carwash and and Boy Named Goo are definitely my favorite albums of theirs, but Dizzy and Gutterflower are great too.

I'm going to see them two nights in a row in December and I'm hoping they play more older songs than they have been.. (wishful thinking)

Becky 10-25-2006 04:33 PM

I liked them until I saw them live opening for Bon Jovi. They sucked so badly I haven't even listened to one of their CDs since and I turn the station when they're played on the radio. It was really disappointing because I was looking forward to seeing them very much. :(

Kathleen 10-25-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 700413)
I liked them until I saw them live opening for Bon Jovi. They sucked so badly I haven't even listened to one of their CDs since and I turn the station when they're played on the radio. It was really disappointing because I was looking forward to seeing them very much. :(

That is almost a direct quote of what I said in a different post in this forum. I was a big fan - until I saw them live. Since the Bounce tour - where I saw them open far too many times LOL - I have hardly listened to them at all. I was very excited when I heard they were the opening act but they did not live up to my expectations.

Kathleen

spunkywho 10-25-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04 (Post 700374)
but right now I've just been addicted to the song "Let Love In".

My son sings it all day long....

Time for him to listen to more Muse ;) .....

Interesting about the disappointment in seeing them live. I am a casual Goo fan - like the older stuff, but there is no album I'd class 'fantastic'. Individual songs, yes, but no entire album. The new album took a long time to grow on me.

Yet, I find them live to be absolutely fantastic!!!!

I saw them opening for BJ and it was just ok. Too big a venue and the audience wasn't much 'into' the goo goo dolls (most hadn't even heard of them). I saw them again in a smaller outside venue this summer and totally totally loved them. Went with my son who is now a self-proclaimed Goo Goo Doll fan. (among so many others ... lol).

JonGirl 10-25-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 700413)

Count me in with this one too. I was really looking forward to seeing them open for Bon Jovi in Minneapolis and was listening to their music like crazy up until the show but they sucked BIG TIME and that was it for me. They were very obviously drunk or high, forgetting the words to almost every song and then just said f*ck it and walked off 3/4 of the way through the last song (Iris) after messing up on it. VERY unprofessional.

allmike 10-25-2006 08:16 PM

I love Dizzy Up The Girl... keep reminding me old time.... Didn't like anything else after that.. well i didn't hear much...