Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Muse to play Wembley Stadium (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37939)

Ollie 12-09-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 711816)
i got mine

me too...goin both nights :D

Yvonne 12-09-2006 05:34 PM

im just going to the 16th could possibly end up going both it all depends!!!!

Dead Star 12-09-2006 06:43 PM

Going both nights, seated right at the back on the 16th, but I managed to get standing for the 17th. I cannot wait!

MrIks from Finland 12-09-2006 09:57 PM

It is irritating that band like Muse sell out Wembley just because they are first to play there...
That honour should had been given to band like BJ or Stones... to the band who earns it.
You can think it this way: If Wembey would had been ready about 2 years ago there's no way MUSE could sell it out now. But when comes to BJ there would be no problem...
And if BJ is going to perform there let say in year 2009 it is no big deal anymore if they sell it out 'cause even MUSE did it... So I think it is sad...
BJ is little underrated band nowdays and it would be right thing to do to let them open the stadium...
I like MUSE a lot but still they aren't the right band to open... they just aren't.

Yvonne 12-10-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 711846)
It is irritating that band like Muse sell out Wembley just because they are first to play there...
That honour should had been given to band like BJ or Stones... to the band who earns it.
You can think it this way: If Wembey would had been ready about 2 years ago there's no way MUSE could sell it out now. But when comes to BJ there would be no problem...
And if BJ is going to perform there let say in year 2009 it is no big deal anymore if they sell it out 'cause even MUSE did it... So I think it is sad...
BJ is little underrated band nowdays and it would be right thing to do to let them open the stadium...
I like MUSE a lot but still they aren't the right band to open... they just aren't.

Muse are the right band to open Wembley, if thats what theyre doing as theyre an English act. BJ would not be the right band to open purely because they arent from this side of the pond.

Who cares if it sells out whether its Muse, BJ, The Stones etc, the fact is it has sold out regardless and if BJ do choose to play there again and sell it out it will mean something to them.

BeExcellent 12-10-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

You severely understimate the popularity of Muse. They are never going to be a mainstream housewive's favourite like Bon Jovi, but even so, there are A LOT of people who are prepared to pay £37.50 for the privalege of seing them.

This year alone, Muse sold out 14 arena shows in mainland britain - at 12,000 people each this amounts to 168,000 people. Add in the crowds at the Reading and Leeds festival which they headlined and you are talking an audience of 300,000, all at sold out shows. To sell out one night at wembley, only one in four of these people would have to be prepared to return and make the journey to London.

Yes, the prestige of the venue was an added attraction, but by no means a necessary one. Twickenham would have sold out just as fast.

Quote:

1) I doubt very much the Stadium's owners gave any consideration to anything other than whether the promoter was prepared to pay to lease the stadium for the day. It's not a popularity contest.

2) Even if it were, why should the honour go to a band who are treading water and using their former glory to sell tickets. Bon Jovi peaked 10-15 years ago, the Stones peaked 30-40 years ago, Muse are peaking right now.

3) Neither Muse nor Wembley have said that this will be the first show at the venue.

4) Why do you care, anyway?

Quote:

You can think it this way: If Wembey would had been ready about 2 years ago there's no way MUSE could sell it out now. But when comes to BJ there would be no problem.

You are wrong. See above.

For further evidence see the fact that Muse sold out considerably faster than Bon Jovi did last year.

ANY band's first show at the National stadium is a big deal. It was a big deal for Bon Jovi in 95, and would be just a big a deal for Muse if they had waited a couple of years.

Quote:

Well that's just cutting your nose off to spite your face. When Bon Jovi inevitably play their amazing show at Wembley, are you really going to be stood their thinking "I'm not enjoying this. Muse played here two years ago. It's just not the same".

Quote:

It really is no big deal.

BeExcellent 12-10-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 711942)
Who cares if it sells out whether its Muse, BJ, The Stones etc, the fact is it has sold out regardless and if BJ do choose to play there again and sell it out it will mean something to them.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

bjcrazycpa 12-10-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 711958)
You severely understimate the popularity of Muse. They are never going to be a mainstream housewive's favourite like Bon Jovi, but even so, there are A LOT of people who are prepared to pay £37.50 for the privalege of seing them.

2) Even if it were, why should the honour go to a band who are treading water and using their former glory to sell tickets. Bon Jovi peaked 10-15 years ago, the Stones peaked 30-40 years ago, Muse are peaking right now.

Honestly, must you use the sweeping generalization of Bon Jovi being a "housewives favorite. Ugh, nothing bugs the shit out of me more than to hear that sterotype. I, nor are my close girlfriends, housewives. Muse gets the honor to be one of the first bands to play Wembley, good for them. But, is it necessary to tear down other bands to justify Muse getting the honor.

deb

BeExcellent 12-10-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 711986)
Honestly, must you use the sweeping generalization of Bon Jovi being a "housewives favorite. Ugh, nothing bugs the shit out of me more than to hear that sterotype. I, nor are my close girlfriends, housewives. Muse gets the honor to be one of the first bands to play Wembley, good for them. But, is it necessary to tear down other bands to justify Muse getting the honor.

deb

Tearing down other bands was the last thing on my mind. Apologies if it came across that way. I merely meant to convey the fact that Bon Jovi have a mainstream appeal that Muse will never share. It has been a lonnnnnnnng time since Bon Jovi audiences were predominantly heavy rock fans.

bjcrazycpa 12-10-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 712002)
Tearing down other bands was the last thing on my mind. Apologies if it came across that way. I merely meant to convey the fact that Bon Jovi have a mainstream appeal that Muse will never share. It has been a lonnnnnnnng time since Bon Jovi audiences were predominantly heavy rock fans.

No problem. And yes, I do agree that a Bon Jovi audience is definitely not made up of heavy rock fans. I myself hope to see Muse when they make it back to the states.

deb