Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic - May 7th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55346)

samboraisgodUK 04-04-2013 12:40 PM

Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic - May 7th

So the Goo Goo Dolls have a new album coming out next month. I know a few people here will have heard the first single, Rebel Beat.

They played a show last night (with a few new songs on the set):

Worth a watch, I think this album is shaping up great, Something For The Rest Of Us was pretty poor, these new songs sound a lot better.

Gabriel Shoes 04-04-2013 09:22 PM

What can I say? I've been a GGD fan since 2003, this new album sounds poppy and totally different than anything released by them. Gotta be honest, loved the new tunes... it's clearly a step in a new direction (I guess we'll see by the end of the album cycle if it's a right one), although they seemed a bit stale over the years.

Something For The Rest Of Us bombed in the US, and do you know why? Because the same cause as These Days. The american audience in general (not saying everybody) likes happy and and sometimes silly stuff, like It's My Life and whatever. That's why I think this new album will work for them, Johnny is a great songwriter and putting together this with new vibe (and John Shanks) they can achieve commercial success again (wich IMO it's something they REALLY need right now).

BTW pre ordered the new album on iTunes.

danfan 04-04-2013 09:26 PM

I liked Something For The Rest Of Us. The biggest mystery to me is why The Best Of Me was left off for the Hawaii Five-O soundtrack. That's the bands best song in at least 10 years.

Gabriel Shoes 04-04-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119805)
I liked Something For The Rest Of Us. The biggest mystery to me is why The Best Of Me was left off for the Hawaii Five-O soundtrack. That's the bands best song in at least 10 years.

Couldn't agree more, really like this one.

samboraisgodUK 04-05-2013 01:13 PM

Keep The Car Running is catchy as hell.

JoviForever 04-05-2013 07:53 PM

If Shanks is involved I'm not holding my breath!

Spidey5150 04-06-2013 09:54 PM

Been a huge fan of the Goo Goo Dolls for years. Being from Buffalo, w/e that national awareness of the band is out local radio makes sure we don't forget about them. I absolutely love Rebel Beat, it's catchy as hell. Hopefully it can help put them back in the spotlight.

yomamasofat 04-08-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119805)
The biggest mystery to me is why The Best Of Me was left off for the Hawaii Five-O soundtrack. That's the bands best song in at least 10 years.

This. That song is killer.

danfan 04-08-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1119935)
Keep The Car Running is catchy as hell.

Yeah, this sounds like the best of the new ones.

samboraisgodUK 05-15-2013 11:27 AM

The 1:30 snippets are up on iTunes now. It sounds fantastic, shaping up to be their best album to me. The others are way too inconsistent.

Most of the songs sound really catchy, this is how pop rock should be done. Great lyrics, good production for the most part and interesting flourishes (some songs have a fair amount of mandolin in). Can't wait for this.