Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unexpected Bon Jovi songs (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70627)

samboraisgodUK 08-21-2019 07:08 AM

Unexpected Bon Jovi songs

I’ve heard a few Bon Jovi songs lately in unexpected places so I was curious what experiences others have had of this. I’m talking about hearing deep cuts in odd places. Obviously you can expect to hear a song like LOAP at a wedding, but what are your weird ones? I’ll start.

A little while ago I was in a McDonald’s in the middle of Sydney CBD and after a few songs from the Top 40 (as you’d expect to hear somewhere like that) If That’s What It Takes came on - and then after it finished right back to Top 40 songs. I just thought that was bizarre.

Anyone have any others?

Supersonic 08-21-2019 09:59 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1258375)
I’ve heard a few Bon Jovi songs lately in unexpected places so I was curious what experiences others have had of this. I’m talking about hearing deep cuts in odd places. Obviously you can expect to hear a song like LOAP at a wedding, but what are your weird ones? I’ll start.

A little while ago I was in a McDonald’s in the middle of Sydney CBD and after a few songs from the Top 40 (as you’d expect to hear somewhere like that) If That’s What It Takes came on - and then after it finished right back to Top 40 songs. I just thought that was bizarre.

Anyone have any others?

I was at a show during which Bad Medicine wasn't played.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

YOVANAfromPeru 08-21-2019 11:37 AM

This 2019 New Year, I went to a very small beach far from all in Lima, first time in this place and there was only one restaurant in the entire place, regular latin music sounding there and then Keep The Faith, then back latin music (definitely odd)
On the other hand, Livin’ On A Prayer always sounds in Brazil airport

bonjovi90 08-21-2019 01:03 PM

In a hotel in Bulgaria, between all the house music, all of a sudden there was Brokenpromiseland. Definitively surprised me :D

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 08-21-2019 03:27 PM

Sitting on a patio a few years ago in a Toronto restaurant that plays satellite radio, lot of Top 40 hits then "We All Fall Down".

Johny 08-21-2019 10:26 PM

Czech rock station has a program every day when they play two songs by one band. One is a hit and the other one something unknown. So when BJ were on, they played Hearts Breaking Even (and Keep The Faith).

Eveline 08-22-2019 12:07 PM

Sadly, the only songs I hear on the radio here are LOAP, IML and KTF. Hardly unexpected. But then, while I was watching some acoustic gig once, the guy did Love For Sale and I had a blast! So good :D

manarosi 08-22-2019 12:22 PM

please come home for christmas literally 2 weeks ago in an italian radio...nearly crashed my car

BJFan99 08-22-2019 12:57 PM

The Hardest Part Is The Night on our local rock radio station some months ago.

BJFan99 08-22-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1258394)
please come home for christmas literally 2 weeks ago in an italian radio...nearly crashed my car

WTF??? :D That'd be the same as them playing Summertime around Christmas...