Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

facaXe 10-01-2020 02:41 PM

Man, I just can't stop listening to Lower The Flag..

It's one of the deepest and most emotional Bon Jovi songs I've ever heard. The acoustic guitars, the humming parts, the synths.. Everything about this song is just perfect!

Bon Jovi is back! :angel:

Chris_Newton 10-01-2020 02:47 PM

Have ordered the Vinyl version, but now been told its been delayed till December?

steel_horse75 10-01-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1268112)
Have ordered the Vinyl version, but now been told its been delayed till December?

Yep.
Plus Amazon don't have a despatch date for CD either.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-01-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1268107)
I'm still not convinced that it isn't intentional. Another way to promote the album, maybe, or create a buzz? I know it seems counterintuitive; but my guess is that they know the people who are diligent enough to seek out the leaks are hard-core fans who either pre-ordered or intend to buy the album when it's released anyway. So maybe they don't see it as harming sales.

Even in Richie's case, the leak was a Soundcloud post from his buddy Phil Cassens, if I'm not mistaken. Hard to believe that wasn't intentional.

The way these files were labeled it looked ripped from the cd. I honestly think if it came from the organization it wouldn't be the day before.

I go back and forth about the Aftermath leak. Hand to heart I honestly believe it was a giant factor in it selling the way It did. Putting up the entire album months ahead of release did it zero favours. If that's the method to marketing ya want, a free EP would have done the same. From what I recall I had access to the SoundCloud roughly a month before it got out because no one found it until the title of the album was released and it was a simple Google search at that point. I really think Phil didn't know his SoundCloud wasn't set to private.

JackieBlue 10-01-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1268114)
The way these files were labeled it looked ripped from the cd. I honestly think if it came from the organization it wouldn't be the day before.

I go back and forth about the Aftermath leak. Hand to heart I honestly believe it was a giant factor in it selling the way It did. Putting up the entire album months ahead of release did it zero favours. If that's the method to marketing ya want, a free EP would have done the same. From what I recall I had access to the SoundCloud roughly a month before it got out because no one found it until the title of the album was released and it was a simple Google search at that point. I really think Phil didn't know his SoundCloud wasn't set to private.

Ok, that makes sense. I never thought of that. And in this case, you're right; it does seem to be those who got the album earlier than others, either because of pre-orders or time zone differences, or something.

cowboy2002 10-01-2020 03:22 PM

Any chance of a PM with the link please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kleman 10-01-2020 03:35 PM

One of the amazing things in 2020 is 2020:cool:. I am listening album on repeat and it sound really fantastic!

Rdkopper 10-01-2020 03:36 PM

Based on the feedback I'm reading from this album and the last, I feel that most of the standout tracks are the ones Jon writes himself.

There weren't as many on the last album but I do remember fans thinking Living With The Ghost was a standout track.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Jonty 10-01-2020 03:50 PM

would appreciate the PM link too please as I have the album ordered on Amazon but it has yet to tell me when it is being sent

Bucketfinck78 10-01-2020 04:08 PM

I think Unbroken fits perfectly at the end of the album, appreciates the song much more now! :)