Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rediscovering 7800 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32005)

Iceman 09-23-2005 07:44 AM

7800 is a good album. There are some shitty tracks, but mostly good stuff. Tokyo Road is a killer, Price Of Love, Only Lonely, Hardest Part.. all rock. Richies guitar works is a lot better than on the 2000's albums.

Ice

Shaz 09-23-2005 08:26 AM

Have always loved this album...love To The Fire.

S.

aserkijn 09-23-2005 08:55 AM

My fav is Hardest Part Is The Night. The lyrics are good and the solo is the best on the album.

Booser 09-23-2005 10:23 AM

Tokyo Road is probably my favourite so far. I love the intro the Hardest Part is the Night. Secret Dreams is a bizarre song - great rocky riff for the verses but a horrible weak chorus. Its a song I want to like but just.....cant. Yet.

Jonny Sambora 09-23-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriK
back then bon jovi rocked! And they knew it. there was a whole other attitude in their music during the 80s, even on SWW (which is a bad album).

my fav. is The hardest part is the night, brilliant song, a bit commercial but still GREAT!

Um, what?! I always though SWW was rather good!

jess 09-23-2005 11:58 AM

It's the album we must listen when we want to hear a young rock band full of energy, believing in their music :)
Not a great work but it rocks, and i miss this sort of guitar work.
Tokyo Road, King of the Mountain and even Secret dreams are good. And each time i hear In and Out of Love i wish i heard this one live at this time !!!!

Dagger Phillips 09-24-2005 12:42 AM

I can't say it's my fave BJ Album, but I have a soft spot for it cause it's a HEAVY METAL albums. I love most of the songs. The solos are great.. especially Silent night.
I also love the ticking sound behind the bridge in Only lonley where hes talking about a timebomb ticking in his head.

Keep in mind this was back in the day when bands developed over 3 or 4 albums and crafted thier sound. if this had been thier 2nd release now.. there would be no third.

LeaJovi 09-24-2005 01:56 AM

This kind of posts make me sick.
One day I read "your fav album?" and everybody posted their fav albums in order and 7800 was last or almost.
Now I read that almost everybody loves this album. Sure. It's under rated. But it surely shouldn't be. Listen to it 1 time.. or maybe 2.. and you'll see what a great BJ rock album is all about. Now they're making girly albums compared to 7800.
Great song. Great Riffs. Great vocals. Great lyrics. Great solos. So... Why is it so under rated?

I love:
*Hardest Part (truly a masterpiece)
*Tokyo Road (Great on studio. Great Live. What more can I say. Ahh.. Great intro BTW)
*Only Lonely (Absolutely amazing. Powerful chorus and guitars. Just Great)
*In and out of love
*Silent Night

Captain Walrus 09-24-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi
This kind of posts make me sick.

Geez, you're a friendly person aren't you?

LeaJovi 09-24-2005 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Geez, you're a friendly person aren't you?

Yes. I Want To Be Loved.
Sorry I got carried away! I'm usually friendly.