Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   what do you think- of the demos? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34342)

groover22 02-27-2006 09:53 PM

I prefer the original versions of HAND, I Want to be Loved, and Bells..

There not hugley different, but the original versions just seem to flow better, lyrically, and they come across as more honest/sincere (don't know if thats the right word).

Has has been mentioned, Complicated is almost identical, only a couple of slight lyric changes.

Whos Says.. is cool, same as the band version, but with a bit of banjo, and of course Keith Urban. (Who definately sounds too simliar to Jon on the track).

And I really wish they'd used Nothing, and not given it to Bo Bice, I really like that track.

Really cool to hear them though.

bejt 02-28-2006 12:09 AM

I assumed everybody here had HAND demo, I wanna be loved demo and nothing, but I see that's not the case

so- if you need them pm me

Javier 02-28-2006 12:20 AM

I still can't say these songs are demos, these are the versions that would have been released had bon Jovi not gone back to the studio right??

bejt 02-28-2006 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier
I still can't say these songs are demos, these are the versions that would have been released had bon Jovi not gone back to the studio right??

you may have a point (I forgot about that whole thing...)
but with who says- I don't think that's the case, Jon said Keith was in the studio only for a day- and they were playing around with the idea- untill they realized the voices are too similar

about the other songs- it just may be

Becky 02-28-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejt
but with who says- I don't think that's the case, Jon said Keith was in the studio only for a day- and they were playing around with the idea- untill they realized the voices are too similar

I promise you that whole voices too similar thing is just a nice way of saying the record companies couldn't work it out! Capitol records wouldn't release Keith to Universal. That's what I was told last June by someone who I believe knows what he's talking about. Then Obie who definitely knows what he's talking about told me in Nashville that it was "a pain in the ass" to work things out between the two record companies.

Tim Michaels 02-28-2006 07:43 AM

The Keith Urban version of Who Says is really similar to the original track... so I think it would have worked well as being the only version to make the album, rather than a regular version and a duet.

bejt 02-28-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
I promise you that whole voices too similar thing is just a nice way of saying the record companies couldn't work it out! Capitol records wouldn't release Keith to Universal. That's what I was told last June by someone who I believe knows what he's talking about. Then Obie who definitely knows what he's talking about told me in Nashville that it was "a pain in the ass" to work things out between the two record companies.

well see, I didn't know that, and that does make sense
on the other hand- if Jon really wanted too- I"m sure he would have found a way - maybe add to that that it did sound similar- he preferd no to go to into batt;.....

but for whatever reason they dropped it I like the Joniffer version :)

Lord of the Jovi Realm 02-28-2006 09:23 PM

Hey Bejt are the demos you are sharing MP3s or the original WAVs ?

P

bejt 03-01-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm
Hey Bejt are the demos you are sharing MP3s or the original WAVs ?

P

the songs are mp3

bejt 03-01-2006 01:39 AM

Nothing - Bo Bice version

Since i've been getting a lot of requests

just making sure- you are aware of the Nothing version - given over to Bo Bice?