Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   what do you think- of the demos? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34342)

bejt 02-27-2006 01:04 PM

what do you think- of the demos?

Now that you've heard the demos
what do you think?

It seems the lyrics on the original bells are 'heavier', talking about a soldier going out to an unnecissary (?) war

The duet is qute - but just as Jon said their voices were too similar

*if you haven't heard Jon's take on this
here you go:

DevilsSon 02-27-2006 02:11 PM

so what demos are you talking about?

bejt 02-27-2006 02:21 PM

Talking about bells, complicated, and who says duet with Ketih Urban
the thread about bells 2nd version was locked (and I can undertand why)
but if ppl want to discuss the songs.........so ;)

*if you want the songs p.m me

SamboraQueen21 02-27-2006 05:07 PM

Who Says~ I liked the Keith Urban duet but I think their voices do blend together a little too well... I like the "Jonnifer" version better- probably because I am used to it but love that I have both duets.

Bells~ The demo is definitely different from the original.. I think the lyrics of the album version are relatable to more people and fit better to the music. On the demo it sounds like some of the lines Jon has to cram the words into the line and they don't really fit naturally

Complicated~ I don't hear a difference from the demo to the album version.. what is different about it?

I loved hearing the differences between demos and what eventually makes the record

Captain Walrus 02-27-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Complicated~ I don't hear a difference from the demo to the album version.. what is different about it?

I'm listening to it now, the only difference I've noticed so far is that it doesn't have the line "Up is down and black looks white to me"

Captain Walrus 02-27-2006 05:32 PM

Quite like that version of Bells actually ... although, does everyone elses version cut out the end of the first verse?

TBoy 02-27-2006 05:35 PM

Thanks for the demos!

There is something wrong with my Bells :(

I havent jet heared demos properly but when I do i will post my impressons!

Becky 02-27-2006 05:46 PM

The version of Bells of Freedom that circulated before the CD was released had those cuts in it already. I'm glad they took out the verse about the soldier going to war because it will seem too dated in a few years.

Obviously, I like the duet with Keith better. It's the one I heard first, so I had to get used to the one with Jennifer. Jon and Keith's voices blend better together than even I thought they would, so I can appreciate the contrast between Jon and Jennifer's voices too. Besides the "voices are too similar" excuse is just a nice way of saying the record companies couldn't work it out. I like the music of the Keith version better. The banjo is there, but it accents the song rather than really changing the feel of it.

I like the lyrics in the original I Want to Be Loved better. They're more direct.

Complicated sucks no matter what version.

bejt 02-27-2006 06:41 PM

Yeah I guess that glitz on bells - is the version goinig around.....
but it's intresting to finally hear somemore of the first version of the first verse
reminds me- of the first version of just older- also there was something there about soldiers going (or coming back) from war- if I reacall it's about Vietnam

Rob 02-27-2006 08:10 PM

Complicated is practically the same.

Not a big fan of the old version of Bells.

Keith Urban WSYCGH duet is better than the Jennefer Nettles version I think but it sounds too similar to the Bon Jovi album version.

I haven't heard the original version of I Wanna Be Loved yet. ;) ;)

groover22 02-27-2006 08:53 PM

I prefer the original versions of HAND, I Want to be Loved, and Bells..

There not hugley different, but the original versions just seem to flow better, lyrically, and they come across as more honest/sincere (don't know if thats the right word).

Has has been mentioned, Complicated is almost identical, only a couple of slight lyric changes.

Whos Says.. is cool, same as the band version, but with a bit of banjo, and of course Keith Urban. (Who definately sounds too simliar to Jon on the track).

And I really wish they'd used Nothing, and not given it to Bo Bice, I really like that track.

Really cool to hear them though.

bejt 02-27-2006 11:09 PM

I assumed everybody here had HAND demo, I wanna be loved demo and nothing, but I see that's not the case

so- if you need them pm me

Javier 02-27-2006 11:20 PM

I still can't say these songs are demos, these are the versions that would have been released had bon Jovi not gone back to the studio right??

bejt 02-28-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier
I still can't say these songs are demos, these are the versions that would have been released had bon Jovi not gone back to the studio right??

you may have a point (I forgot about that whole thing...)
but with who says- I don't think that's the case, Jon said Keith was in the studio only for a day- and they were playing around with the idea- untill they realized the voices are too similar

about the other songs- it just may be

Becky 02-28-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejt
but with who says- I don't think that's the case, Jon said Keith was in the studio only for a day- and they were playing around with the idea- untill they realized the voices are too similar

I promise you that whole voices too similar thing is just a nice way of saying the record companies couldn't work it out! Capitol records wouldn't release Keith to Universal. That's what I was told last June by someone who I believe knows what he's talking about. Then Obie who definitely knows what he's talking about told me in Nashville that it was "a pain in the ass" to work things out between the two record companies.

Tim Michaels 02-28-2006 06:43 AM

The Keith Urban version of Who Says is really similar to the original track... so I think it would have worked well as being the only version to make the album, rather than a regular version and a duet.

bejt 02-28-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
I promise you that whole voices too similar thing is just a nice way of saying the record companies couldn't work it out! Capitol records wouldn't release Keith to Universal. That's what I was told last June by someone who I believe knows what he's talking about. Then Obie who definitely knows what he's talking about told me in Nashville that it was "a pain in the ass" to work things out between the two record companies.

well see, I didn't know that, and that does make sense
on the other hand- if Jon really wanted too- I"m sure he would have found a way - maybe add to that that it did sound similar- he preferd no to go to into batt;.....

but for whatever reason they dropped it I like the Joniffer version :)

Lord of the Jovi Realm 02-28-2006 08:23 PM

Hey Bejt are the demos you are sharing MP3s or the original WAVs ?

P

bejt 02-28-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm
Hey Bejt are the demos you are sharing MP3s or the original WAVs ?

P

the songs are mp3

bejt 03-01-2006 12:39 AM

Nothing - Bo Bice version

Since i've been getting a lot of requests

just making sure- you are aware of the Nothing version - given over to Bo Bice?

Dave 1986 03-01-2006 12:56 AM

Just wondering, where there any "1st versions" of tracks for Welcome, Last Man Standing and I Am as they were also inclduded for the original Have A Nice Day album? (with different lyrics etc)

Lord of the Jovi Realm 03-01-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
Just wondering, where there any "1st versions" of tracks for Welcome, Last Man Standing and I Am as they were also inclduded for the original Have A Nice Day album? (with different lyrics etc)

The entire original album is available amongst traders both as the low-fi MP3s leaked around the time of the CD's release and also as the actual Wavs from the original CD in much nicer quality.
P

Captain Walrus 03-01-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

The entire original album is available amongst traders both as the low-fi MP3s leaked around the time of the CD's release and also as the actual Wavs from the original CD in much nicer quality.
P

Aye, but are there any differences in the other songs?

bejt 03-01-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

P

Ok so is anybody here gonna let us know if they have that?

Lord of the Jovi Realm 03-01-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Aye, but are there any differences in the other songs?

all of the originals are different from the released versions, some are different and others are different

It's all a matter of scale, some are different mixes, different lyrics, different songs, I think all are worth a listen.

They have all been shared on another forum hosted by a frequent poster in this forum. I think that is vague enough while giving guidance :)
P

Rina 03-03-2006 07:47 PM

"Nothing" is my favourite! Too bad that Bo Bice ruined it!

karlj 03-14-2006 06:49 PM

Have A Nice day demo's

Still not found the Who says duet with Keith Urban, or the alternate lyric version of Bells and I wanna be Loved or Complicated. Have a pretty bad version of Nothing and Hand first version. Would someone please email/message me where I can get a hold of these - Happy to give someone full Wembley 95 dvd or something in exchange for them - I have loads of stuff.
Anyone got the high quality versions?
I have been a fan 20 yrs and have virtually everything - please please please!!
Discretion assured!!!

jovigurl 03-20-2006 09:24 AM

That was going to be my question also - where are you guys finding these HAND demos? I haven't seen them in the "usual" places. So what am I missing here? I'd like to hear them too!

If anyone has any info on this, please PM me. MANY THANKS!

Judy