Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Say It Isn't So (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48726)

hackster73 08-19-2009 12:04 AM

Say It Isn't So

What does everyone think of this song - Just looking through Crush and wondered what everyone here thought of that track when first heard/released.

From what I can remember it was considered to be the 1st single.

This song is so far removed from Bon Jovi it is unplayable now IMO. That doesn't mean I hate it but just don't really see it as Bon Jovi.

Supersonic 08-19-2009 12:12 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 936267)

Yes, this was true, until they wrote It's My Life. They've appearantly recorded many takes of the song because Tico wasn't satisfied with his drum parts.

I know Devilsson really loves the song but I think he's one of the few. I remember thinking "what's this then?" when I heard the song for the first time. I thought it was a very odd choice for a single and didn't belong on an album anyway. But then again, half of what's on Crush doesn't belong on any album...

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Elvistico 08-19-2009 12:13 AM

Like the beginning of the song.
Like the verses.
The chorus and bridge are not splendid making it a song that isn't high on the bon jovi masterpieces list. I don't like it when richie sings backing vocals in the typical 'english' way he does there. Captain Crash had a bit of the same.

LeaJovi 08-19-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 936267)
What does everyone think of this song - Just looking through Crush and wondered what everyone here thought of that track when first heard/released.

This song is so far removed from Bon Jovi it is unplayable now IMO. That doesn't mean I hate it but just don't really see it as Bon Jovi.

I don't like it, could've used the the guitar work (with a proper solo) on another song.

KeepTheFaith2211 08-19-2009 12:23 AM

It's not the worst song they've ever done, but I certainly think it's a poor effort and it just lacks energy in my opinion.

RSSfan 08-19-2009 12:59 AM

Don't like it. Way too pop for my taste.

If that's returning to their rock roots I'm wondering what the guys are thinking.

I think it'll sink quickly.

Kathleen 08-19-2009 01:38 AM

Wasn't that one of the tracks that was going to be on Jon's new solo record? Several of those tracks wound up on Crush when the solo record didn't come out.

Becky 08-19-2009 01:41 AM

I like it. I like that it's not a typical Jovi song. I love the lyrics.

Captain_jovi 08-19-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 936317)
Wasn't that one of the tracks that was going to be on Jon's new solo record? Several of those tracks wound up on Crush when the solo record didn't come out.

Not that I know of, can anyone confirm/deny this?

And I personally LOVE it. It's just a fun pop song and I dig it.

Captain Walrus 08-19-2009 02:55 AM

I like Say It Isn't So, it's got a great little riff and really works as an experimental pop song ... it sounds like it wouldn't have been too out of place on Destination Anywhere, which I consider to be a compliment. I don't consider it one of the absolute strongest songs on Crush, but it holds a worthy place in the Bon Jovi catalogue IMO