Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Let the Bitching Commence (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52514)

Bleedingguitar 01-25-2011 07:30 PM

Jon will probably pull off this role well, he's got the swagger. And they need somebody capable of dumping Halle Berry.

Although I remember some old interview where he said he was not interested in playing a rockstar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1036182)
Wow, that it is a great cast! But I thought Jon had given up acting...

Think he's pretty much lost interest in trying to 'make it' as an actor, he doesn't look for work anymore.

But I guess when fun roles like this are offered to him which don't take much time and have great co-stars there's probably no reason to turn it down...

JoviForever 01-25-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036184)
that's a HUGE cast .... the filming location is new york and JBJ is playing the role of a rock star ..... it's going to be interesting ... I can see why Jon didn't turn down that one ....

Something he said he would never do!
I think this will be a very small part that will probably only take a couple of days to film.

Jovimimi 01-25-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1036227)
Something he said he would never do!
I think this will be a very small part that will probably only take a couple of days to film.

Jon changes his mind like the weather changes ...
I am sure you are right though , it will not be a much demanding role .

I am almost tempted to think 'someone' added his part in the script as a favor/boost to make him able to 'come back' in the business (as it seems he has been added later compared to the rest of the cast) - after he trashed the whole movie universe so clearly in the last years that sort of role is perfect to make the potential employers forget his bitter comments (The man will be free next year he needs to occupy his days)

To me it's not about his persona it's about his skills ... a small role like that is just what he can pull off with ok.

I wish ppl in the business would stop thinking JBJ exclusively as a romantic character .
He is BAD at it imo

Is that BITCHING ?

Panda 01-25-2011 08:47 PM

W T F ? !

Jon is a fantastic actor! I love all his films! He's so sexy in ALL of them!

faith1985 01-25-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 1036233)
W T F ? !

Jon is a fantastic actor! I love all his films! He's so sexy in ALL of them!

:BIG::):):)

kety 01-25-2011 09:20 PM

Good luck for Jon :) I hope he does good job :)

Javier 01-25-2011 10:15 PM

He'd have to be an idiot to turn down the chance to work with some of the actors listed in the cast. Things change, so he's also allowed to change his mind, and with the role he took, it seems like he finally figured out where he fits in the movie world, as himself......

bj7800 01-25-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1036194)
Love Actually is one of my all time favorite movies..:)

Great cast - hope its good

Love that one too.

I really don't care for Jons acting at all, hopefully he won't make this performance too cringeworthy.

Dawn 01-26-2011 12:59 AM

I knew what this thread would be about before I opened it.. .Great title Becky :D

I have enjoyed all of JBJ films, if he enjoys acting then why shouldnt he act.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Dawn

Makedde 01-26-2011 02:25 AM

Don't worry, there'll be an Oscar nomination next!:D