Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Let the Bitching Commence (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52514)

JOvisoul01 01-27-2011 03:46 PM

I will definitely won't bitch. Jon is entitled to change his mind, act (good or bad), then we will like it or not, but good for him, if he wanted it, if he was convinced, whatever...

Laughing at the comment of him wanting to boost his career, more seems to me like him doing a favor, and with that kind of cast not wanting to be a snob and say no.

Whatever the reasons, good for him!

RSROCKS 01-27-2011 04:03 PM

I haven't seen a lot of his movies but from the few I have, I think he gets a bad wrap primarily just because the movies themselves weren't that great to begin with.

I wouldn't call him great but his acting isn't terrible either. His biggest mistake was his desire to make it so much into acting that he took stupid movie rolls.

Jovimimi 01-27-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOvisoul01 (Post 1036358)
I will definitely won't bitch. Jon is entitled to change his mind, act (good or bad), then we will like it or not, but good for him, if he wanted it, if he was convinced, whatever...

Laughing at the comment of him wanting to boost his career, more seems to me like him doing a favor, and with that kind of cast not wanting to be a snob and say no.

Whatever the reasons, good for him!

I don't think him being part of any movie now is a favor from him.... especially not a huge movie like this one. It's not as if bon jovi is so IN in 2011 that this movie is explode because of Jon and ALL HIS FANS will go to see it will make it a blockbuster ....
IMO The favor -if any- is done to him, allowing him a potential come back with this new exposure (if he is good in this movie)

bjcrazycpa 01-27-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1036361)
I haven't seen a lot of his movies but from the few I have, I think he gets a bad wrap primarily just because the movies themselves weren't that great to begin with.

I wouldn't call him great but his acting isn't terrible either. His biggest mistake was his desire to make it so much into acting that he took stupid movie rolls.

Totally agree with you. He's not the best but certainly not the worst actor. I look forward to this part and Jon's role in it.

JOvisoul01 01-27-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036362)
I don't think him being part of any movie now is a favor from him.... especially not a huge movie like this one. It's not as if bon jovi is so IN in 2011 that this movie is explode because of Jon and ALL HIS FANS will go to see it will make it a blockbuster ....
IMO The favor -if any- is done to him, allowing him a potential come back with this new exposure (if he is good in this movie)

Ooops, sorry I forgot that when it comes to Jon, you seem to know his true reasons. Definitely he had to beg for the roll, so he is "somebody" once more, OK..

JOvisoul01 01-27-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1036227)
I think this will be a very small part that will probably only take a couple of days to film.

With an opening date scheduled for December 9 of this year, I imagine Jon's part will be very quick to film, is not like he has a lot of free time, when soon they go back on tour. Who knows? May be his part is done already. (Actually I bet someone sure knows, LOL).

rainsong 01-27-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036362)

Or maybe it's a good cast, a very good director, and being filmed in NYC, all things that would probably appeal to Jon, and he thought it would be fun so he said yes when asked. I doubt he was running around begging for a role in a movie.

Jovimimi 01-28-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOvisoul01 (Post 1036383)
Ooops, sorry I forgot that when it comes to Jon, you seem to know his true reasons. Definitely he had to beg for the roll, so he is "somebody" once more, OK..

I never said he begged M ... to me it's more like ppl gave him the role as a favor to him probably more than him doing a favor to the ppl begging him to play in that movie ...but we don't know what happen behind closed door neither me nor you .... but jbj performances as actor don't put him into the status to be the guy who gives favors

I am sorry my english is so bad you have hard time to read what I said

Becky 01-28-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1036410)
.... but jbj performances as actor don't put him into the status to be the guy who gives favors

Actually the majority of Jon's reviews as an actor were positive. It's his own fans that slam his as an actor, not the critics. He earned respect in Hollywood from critics and costars alike.

JOvisoul01 01-28-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1036403)
Or maybe it's a good cast, a very good director, and being filmed in NYC, all things that would probably appeal to Jon, and he thought it would be fun so he said yes when asked. I doubt he was running around begging for a role in a movie.

I know that only Jon knows the circumstances under which he got the part, but you are saying more or less, what I think as well.

Very convenient location and timing, not to mention tailor made role, "perhaps" someone suggested him, plus didn't he mention once Halle Barry, as an actress he would like to work with?

So definitely, specially after saying he was not interested in acting anymore, going back on tour real soon, etc... I don't see him going begging for roles.