Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News About: World Tour 2022/23 & New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70847)

Dave88 11-26-2021 09:36 AM

There is literally no room for a 2022 tour. Basically everyone will be out there, including Bruce that will be announced today.

Forget about stadium availability, not only for 2022 but in same cases for 2023 as well. With all the 2020/21 rescheduled shows + new tours they would have to opt for smaller stadiums and markets, which is something Jon is certainly not willing to do...

bonjovi90 11-26-2021 09:58 AM

It's actually kind of sad for someone who has been bragging about "the biggest grossing tour" up to 2013 to wait for literally no one else to tour in order to be able to shift tickets.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

JoviForever 11-26-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1276628)
There is literally no room for a 2022 tour. Basically everyone will be out there, including Bruce that will be announced today.

Forget about stadium availability, not only for 2022 but in same cases for 2023 as well. With all the 2020/21 rescheduled shows + new tours they would have to opt for smaller stadiums and markets, which is something Jon is certainly not willing to do...

I can’t really see them selling out stadiums any more. Not sure if Jon’s ego can take that so he my decide enough is enough, especially considering the state of his voice!

Captain_jovi 11-26-2021 09:54 PM

I'd wager to say the absence of live music, touring, people seeing acts they never got around to seeing and people missing their fav bands, the band is in a pretty good position. The biggest competition is booked venues, not declining interest and a failing voice. They still have the back catalogue of hits to fall back on as they've done for the past decade.

bonjovi90 11-26-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276631)
I'd wager to say the absence of live music, touring, people seeing acts they never got around to seeing and people missing their fav bands, the band is in a pretty good position. The biggest competition is booked venues, not declining interest and a failing voice. They still have the back catalogue of hits to fall back on as they've done for the past decade.

I'm not too sure about the scale though. Aside from the "you don't hear that live, Jon's voice isn't really noticeable" fanboy camp on some boards, there was a good amount of displeased casuals last time when we left the stadium and took the train back. I mean, really a lot of things you picked up like "what happened? this was so much better in 2011" and the likes. Sure, they won't have to go to little arenas with 3,000 fans. But I'm seriously questioning how long they can hold up the big stadiums like Munich or Wembley. Since it's not us selling them out.

rolo_tomachi 11-26-2021 10:42 PM

There is nothing firm that we know, but I feel like everything is ready for next year, I think there will be a possible new album (or new songs) and a tour. It is only a matter of time to be confirmed. I think that Halloween show that was canceled was going to reveal some of what's to come next year.

Captain_jovi 11-26-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1276632)
I'm not too sure about the scale though. Aside from the "you don't hear that live, Jon's voice isn't really noticeable" fanboy camp on some boards, there was a good amount of displeased casuals last time when we left the stadium and took the train back. I mean, really a lot of things you picked up like "what happened? this was so much better in 2011" and the likes. Sure, they won't have to go to little arenas with 3,000 fans. But I'm seriously questioning how long they can hold up the big stadiums like Munich or Wembley. Since it's not us selling them out.

I think had their not been a pandemic and shortage of live shows things would trickle downwards as the years pass but with so long of no live shows and no tours, I think a lot of people who don't give two shits about the band will want to hear Livin on a Prayer and Bad Name and sing the songs of their youth. I think you'll get some disappointed people after, but the demand will be there to go to a show.

Tough to say how long and big the tour will be, even pre-pandemic they were doing, what, 30 shows a year?

YOVANAfromPeru 12-01-2021 06:09 AM

Next year...

facaXe 12-22-2021 11:18 PM

Does anyone know why Jon doesn't get any bigger songwriters on board anymore, like Max Martin or Desmond Child? Looking at every album since 2005 you only see Billy Falcon or John Shanks as co-writers. I wonder what would be if Jon wrote music with other songwriters again. Could there be the potential to create another hit like It's My Life? I mean, the last real successful hit was Have A Nice Day, which was 16 years ago. Since then the band released songs no one really cared about except the fanbase. This House Is Not For Sale was played a few times in the radio but that's it. It's time for another big hit again, wouldn't you agree? I’d even appreciate it if Jon grabbed some rappers or other artists like Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams etc. to work with on a new single. That would be a pleasant surprise.

rolo_tomachi 12-22-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facaXe (Post 1276909)
Does anyone know why Jon doesn't get any bigger songwriters on board anymore, like Max Martin or Desmond Child? Looking at every album since 2005 you only see Billy Falcon or John Shanks as co-writers. I wonder what would be if Jon wrote music with other songwriters again. Could there be the potential to create another hit like It's My Life? I mean, the last real successful hit was Have A Nice Day, which was 16 years ago. Since then the band released songs no one really cared about except the fanbase. This House Is Not For Sale was played a few times in the radio but that's it. It's time for another big hit again, wouldn't you agree? I’d even appreciate it if Jon grabbed some rappers or other artists like Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams etc. to work with on a new single. That would be a pleasant surprise.

When was the last real success of Max Martin and Desmond Child?

We already had that duet with Jennifer Nettles en Do What You Can, no thanks. Doing a duet is not a guarantee of success ... it was a success Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore ft. LeAnn Rimes? I do not think so. I never liked duets, so I prefer that not happen.

Why are people so obsessed with massive success? that's why we keep getting more of the same.

I'd rather Jon be the only writer, and if he has to have a writing partner, Billy Falcon is the only guy with real talent. They may never get a massive hit, but their songs will age gracefully, and feel timeless.

It's just my opinion.