Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

rokenrola 11-01-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1212936)
Ok, I will humour you.

Metallica has sold 110 million albums worldwide (not including Hardwired) and has done so over nine albums. It averages 12.2 million unit sales per album.

Bon Jovi has sold 130 million albums worldwide over 13 albums (including Burning Bridges but not This House). It averages 10 million unit sales per album.

Extra albums (live, covers, greatest hits etc.) Metallica has four, Bon Jovi has five.

As you can see, Bon Jovi has sold more, but Metallica outsells Bon Jovi on a per album basis. The single point I am making here is numbers can be interpreted as you want, but are meaningless in deciding which band is best, or even more popular.

Bon Jovi is my favorite band, no question, and Metallica is not even in the top 10. That said, I don't need to cite Bon Jovi's statistics to make me feel better about liking the band.

well that is just one way of do it,BJ have 6 albums over 10 million sales which two of them are over 20 million,BJ is generally more popular worldwide,JBJ is better songwriter,Richie is better guitar player,Tico is better drum player so by every comparision BJ is better band and I feel much better because of that.

semigoodlookin 11-01-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1212948)
well that is just one way of do it,BJ have 6 albums over 10 million sales which two of them are over 20 million,BJ is generally more popular worldwide,JBJ is better songwriter,Richie is better guitar player,Tico is better drum player so by every comparision BJ is better band and I feel much better because of that.

Exactly, that is one way to doing it. I was not even comparing the numbers, just using them to make the point that comparing bands by statistics is silly.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I realise that you are one of those fans who simply won't accept anything wrong with the band. Better singer, drummer, bla bla bla is not a fact and it is like you putting your fingers in your ears and shouting la, la, la.

I used to be like this about Bon Jovi, not accepting any criticism or not understanding that other bands have great achievements too. I was about 14.

rokenrola 11-01-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1212953)
Exactly, that is one way to doing it. I was not even comparing the numbers, just using them to make the point that comparing bands by statistics is silly.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I realise that you are one of those fans who simply won't accept anything wrong with the band. Better singer, drummer, bla bla bla is not a fact and it is like you putting your fingers in your ears and shouting la, la, la.

I used to be like this about Bon Jovi, not accepting any criticism or not understanding that other bands have great achievements too. I was about 14.

nooo,I am not that kind of fan,WAN is something very wrong they done it,even LH is for me down point of band,I just dont like when someone compares Jovi with other bands and disrespect the band by that,like Jon dont move,cant sing,they are pop band,Jon is evel CEO,David and Tico are useless etc.
I support band but not bashing them for every single thing that I dont like.
I am more hard rock fan but Jovi is my soul music:D

kleman 11-01-2016 10:51 PM

what bend have the most concerts playing in stadiums(calculated by Japanese)?BJ

Didnt know that. Please explain?:cool:

thesedays2014 11-01-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1212953)
Exactly, that is one way to doing it. I was not even comparing the numbers, just using them to make the point that comparing bands by statistics is silly.



As for the rest of what you wrote, I realise that you are one of those fans who simply won't accept anything wrong with the band. Better singer, drummer, bla bla bla is not a fact and it is like you putting your fingers in your ears and shouting la, la, la.



I used to be like this about Bon Jovi, not accepting any criticism or not understanding that other bands have great achievements too. I was about 14.



In the end, it's becoming a Jovi vs Metallica debate lol.

It may be to do with age or maybe music taste, but let's be as objective as possible (subjectively lol).

Metallica are legends in their type of music, Bon Jovi are a commercial band who have a great frontman, who knows exactly how to play the game: when it was cool to be hard rock, they were hard rock; when ballads were in, there were Bon Jovi; country, there they were; pop-rock junk (in Jon's words), Jovi went for it. They also had one of the best guitarists in the world.

Player vs player, you can't compare. It's different music. However, Lars Ulrich is a legend (due to his style and novelty, technically he is nothing special); Hetfield is a rhythm guitar legend and their bass players are first class. Kirk has created some amazing solos (specially AJFA).Except for Richie, Jovi's players are amazing session musicians.

I don't think THINFS is Jovi's worst album because it isn't 'hard' or that Metallica's is looking good because it's 'hard'. Saint Anger was extremely hard and extremely shit [emoji23]. BB had feel, lyrics and GUITAR, Lost Highway is very well structured, WAN had some brilliant acoustic songs and IWY. THINFS has none of that. Hardwired (so far) has well structured songs and feel.

Hate to say it, but Bon Jovi has become Jon & his band. Metallica are and have always been a band. [emoji30]


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

rokenrola 11-01-2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1212979)
what bend have the most concerts playing in stadiums(calculated by Japanese)?BJ

Didnt know that. Please explain?:cool:

during they LH tour in Japan 2008,japanese journalist said that they in Japan calculated BJ have played most stadium concerts in the world,passing by Stones and others! They didnt say how many but that is the fact!

rolo_tomachi 11-02-2016 12:07 AM

Atlas Rise is pretty cool, iron maiden parts is amazing, but the best of song is james hetfield, great voice and sing, feel the energy. The structure is not bad, little repetitive in some moments, but not bad. The song growing on me when i listen again.

Can't wait for the full album.
8)

The video is lazy, however.

KSantaFe 11-02-2016 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1212983)
Hate to say it, but Bon Jovi has become Jon & his band. Metallica are and have always been a band. [emoji30]

And yet, every song on the new album, bar one, is written by only two of the members - James and Lars. AFJA was almost exclusively made by James and Lars - as evidenced by the mix (which I actually really like). Kirk didn't play at all on Nothing Else Matters, and no one else was allowed to contribute to James's lyrics until St. Anger.

Reading/hearing the interviews, watching Some Kind of Monster and even just listening to some of the music - it's obvious that it's been James's and Lars's band, and the other two are somewhat along for the ride. James will admit very freely that he's been very controlling, and didn't encourage a democratic dynamic within the band - just listen to All Within My Hands off St. Anger. Hopefully this is changing, as it is starting to with Jovi as well - little by little.

So no, I think Metallica are, much like almost every other musical group, guilty of becoming a one-man, or two-man, show.

thesedays2014 11-02-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1213017)
And yet, every song on the new album, bar one, is written by only two of the members - James and Lars. AFJA was almost exclusively made by James and Lars - as evidenced by the mix (which I actually really like). Kirk didn't play at all on Nothing Else Matters, and no one else was allowed to contribute to James's lyrics until St. Anger.



Reading/hearing the interviews, watching Some Kind of Monster and even just listening to some of the music - it's obvious that it's been James's and Lars's band, and the other two are somewhat along for the ride. James will admit very freely that he's been very controlling, and didn't encourage a democratic dynamic within the band - just listen to All Within My Hands off St. Anger. Hopefully this is changing, as it is starting to with Jovi as well - little by little.



So no, I think Metallica are, much like almost every other musical group, guilty of becoming a one-man, or two-man, show.



I disagree; they all play their part: Lars & Hetfield (+Hammet+ bass player) have always written the songs, but look at the contribution of each player...
AJFA is the perfect example: what would that record be without Kirk's solos? What would their live shows be like without Rob's craziness (Jason was immense live, as was Cliff in a very different way).
In life there are leaders and followers, contributors,... Metallica is very much a four piece and always has been; you can see it, you can hear it,... From the beginning, Bon Jovi (you don't even have to go further than the name) has been Jon's band; first with more input from David, then Richie, Desmond & writers. Things intensified before and during the recording of KTF (see Bob Rock's comments) & now it is certainly Jon + band.
Metallica is a four piece, how many are in Jovi?
There's nothing wrong with how both bands are...but they are very different [emoji6]


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

steel_horse75 11-02-2016 02:34 PM

http://teamrock.com/review/2016-11-0...lbum-review-cr

3/5

Quote:

Because, alas, Hardwired falls short of Death Magnetic in its paltry haul of unashamedly excessive, bombastic, super-sized speed-metal anthems. Too many songs just chug along in routine riff-crunching mode, barely building on their initial blueprint.
Worrying as this is one of the reasons I cant listen to Death Magnetic - the songs are long for longs sake.

Also people moan about JBJ lyrics but some of Metallicas when woeful are really woeful.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.