Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

Bleeding Purist 08-20-2016 09:42 AM

Quite a few of the original fans; would be the answer to the question. Some of those fans were done when Cliff was gone. Others stuck it out to witness what they would do next. ....And Justice For All is very much their Back In Black. They came back from death and went nuclear. They had the respect of the fans who had been there and had the world's eyes trained on them with their first music video, a Grammy nomination (and the controversy around Jethro Tull winning the category,) and a performance on the Grammys.

The Black album pandered to that new audience and actually gave pause or outright alienated those that had been there prior to the rest of the world jumping on the train. It's a classic in the commercial sense, but it is also considered as being the point the band sold out. The Load and Re-Load period only confirmed that.

As for me... I check in and out. I checked out after "Live Shit.. Binge and Purge" after being checked in since "Puppets." It wasn't until Death Magnetic that I checked back in and I personally love that album. I have yet to listen to the new song save for a quick listen to part of it on FB over my phone speaker, which I do not count.

rolo_tomachi 08-20-2016 11:39 AM

In honor of the truth, both singles are lazy, that's how I feel, and I am a big fan of both bands.

But back to Metallica, I loved the return with Death Magnetic. I do not see much of St Anger in Hardwiered, the beginning reminds me Holier Than Thou, and the scheme and some tics remind me Death Magnetic, there is also a bit of My Apocalipsis, this already seemd something of Dyers Eve.

I emphasize the sound of the song, it sounds fantastic, this time not there is a big wall of sound with clipping everywhere. James's voice sounds better, and is an opener track very cool and killer.

The negative point of the song is that it not feels so new, and lacks some melody to break the monotony, but at least it's a short song. I think the second single will be the burner, like I think Bon Jovi has booked a great second single before the album is released.

Regarding his discography, I can enjoy both their first 4 albums, like the Load-Reload era. Love Black Album and Death Magnetic. The only black spot for me, was St. Anger, even so, the edit version of Some Kind of Monster feels great for me.

rolo_tomachi 08-20-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205151)
Yeah that is better. I can totally accept that as being your opinion. Your posts are sometimes quite abrasive, and you often state things as factual where they are certainly just opinion - something you accuse Old Joy of. There isn't any valid statistical method of judging whether the comments on the BJ video are any better than those on Hardwired. In terms of actual data, THINFS has only a slightly better like/dislike ratio when compared to Hardwired - nonetheless, I still don't how you came to that conclusion regarding the comments.

In my opinion, Hardwired is very much "back-to-roots" - or as "back-to-roots" we can hope for. It progresses like a Kill Em All track and yet carries a Dyer's Eve vibe with DM production (which admittedly I'm not a fan of). There is something St. Anger-esque there too, but without that shitty snare sound, nor the elongated riffage - so I don't really see the problem. Unless of course you just didn't like the actual songwriting for that album. Vocals are also top notch in my opinion - better than half of DM at least.

I'm interested to know what your favourite Metallica albums/songs are? And what kind of album would you like them to release?

Hardwired - 4.000.000 views - 116.000 likes - 5.600 dislikes in less than two days.
THINFS- 1.800.000 views - 43.000 likes - 1.900 dislikes in 8 days.

The positive results are still in favor of Metallica. Why? because they are a very important band of Heavy Metal, and remain of interes. Bon Jovi makes music more accessible, more commercial for radio however.

Metallica will sell much better this double album than the new Bon Jovi record.

KSantaFe 08-20-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205156)
Hardwired - 4.000.000 views - 116.000 likes - 5.600 dislikes in less than two days.
THINFS- 1.800.000 views - 43.000 likes - 1.900 dislikes in 8 days.

The positive results are still in favor of Metallica. Why? because they are a very important band of Heavy Metal, and remain of interes. Bon Jovi makes music more accessible, more commercial for radio however.

Metallica will sell much better this double album than the new Bon Jovi record.

I agree - Metallica is more relevant today than Bon Jovi. The only time Bon Jovi was more relevant was in the mid to late 80s, and then perhaps in 2000 with Crush. And there's no doubt that Hardwired... To Self Destruct will outsell This House Is Not For Sale.

But your comment on the "positive results" being in favour of Metallica are not necessarily correct. Yes, Hardwired has far more views and likes in less time, but it has, by proportion, more dislikes than THINFS. In other words the like/dislike ratio is in favour of Bon Jovi - but ultimately that means little.

rolo_tomachi 08-20-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205160)
I agree - Metallica is more relevant today than Bon Jovi. The only time Bon Jovi was more relevant was in the mid to late 80s, and then perhaps in 2000 with Crush. And there's no doubt that Hardwired... To Self Destruct will outsell This House Is Not For Sale.

But your comment on the "positive results" being in favour of Metallica are not necessarily correct. Yes, Hardwired has far more views and likes in less time, but it has, by proportion, more dislikes than THINFS. In other words the like/dislike ratio is in favour of Bon Jovi - but ultimately that means little.

the proportion however could change in the coming days. It is a single that has come less than two days ago. This night metallica will play live Hardwired.

KSantaFe 08-20-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205161)
the proportion however could change in the coming days. It is a single that has come less than two days ago. This night metallica will play live Hardwired.

Yeah I understand, I just wanted to highlight that even stats can be twisted to suit one's own agenda ;)

Looking forward to see if Lars can pull off those double bass pedal sequences!

rolo_tomachi 08-20-2016 04:23 PM

Ulrich also addressed the eight-year gap between studio albums, the longest of the band's career, by saying: "I think what's happened is our families and our domestic responsibilities are so important to us now, so we just have a new model. We're sort of constantly doing something but never to the point of the needle going in the red, but METALLICA really hasn't sort of shut down since around 2005, and it's a model that works for us."

He added: "We never work at 110 percent to the point where we drive ourselves nuts, but are sort of constantly working at two-thirds, you know — when we make the record we're writing and we're recording, but we're doing it incrementally. There's always stuff going on. It's the way we like it. It keeps us engaged."

Ulrich told The Pulse Of Radio not long ago that METALLICA no longer wants to devote large chunks of time to any one project. "You know, METALLICA, in order for it to be true and pure and honest, has to be fun," he said. "And so the days of, you know, writing for a year and then recording for a year and then going on the road for three years — those kind of endlessly long cycles — they're just behind us. I don't think we have the stamina to do anything for those elongated periods of time any longer."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/met...m-in-november/

Rdkopper 08-20-2016 05:44 PM

And if they turn out masterpieces , great! But if it's all disconnected, then what's the point... you can take that two ways

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 08-21-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205163)
Looking forward to see if Lars can pull off those double bass pedal sequences!

Hardwired first time live

sound great, powerful.

New trailer Hardwired... To Self-destructor (with 10 seconds of a new song in the end of trailer)

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/67428604.jpg

Javier 08-22-2016 04:34 PM

I love Metallica, their live shows are second to none but I've only liked about 4 of their songs released in this century. And this one is no different, I' mean it's not bad it just sounds so meh to me. I think Metallica have had writers block since right after Re-load. They are just hiding it cleverly with St. Anger and Death Magnetic and now this.....