Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70442)

liljovi93 03-11-2019 02:11 PM

Episode 11 is LIVE

https://youtu.be/7IwBwCwVV9s - YouTube Link

Bon Jovi Talk - Podcast Episode 11 - Jake (Hugh's Stepson), His Band, Jon & Richie, HOF, Q&A https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...HOF--QA-e3e5vk - Anchor Link

This episode was with Jake Johnson. (Hugh's Stepson)

Jake told me a fantastic story about JBJ & Richie at HOF when they got a photo. He really went into detail about some bits. Give it a listen. It was fantastic to have Jake on!

I've got some REALLY EXCITING guests coming on in the next week or two.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 03-11-2019 04:21 PM

I thought this was a brilliant idea from the first time you mentioned it; but sometimes I'm a slow-starter so I'm just now getting on board with your podcasts.

I chose to start with the one you did with Andy (Jeeper) because he always raises interesting points in our interactions here and I wanted to hear what else he might have to say.

Besides now being able to associate a voice with his name (and yours), I found it quite different to hear some of your respective views versus reading them because so much can be lost in written communication - inflection, humor, emphasis, etc. It was well worth the time spent listening and I appreciate both of you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I have to add that your snippet game at the end of the podcast is positively evil! :evilbat:I only got 3 right (and had to cover my ears and "la-la-la" to do that so I wouldn't hear Jeeper's answers, because he was so quick on the draw)! :roll::D
Now I'm really excited about listening to the others and hearing from future guests. Nice work!

liljovi93 03-11-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251517)
I thought this was a brilliant idea from the first time you mentioned it; but sometimes I'm a slow-starter so I'm just now getting on board with your podcasts.

I chose to start with the one you did with Andy (Jeeper) because he always raises interesting points in our interactions here and I wanted to hear what else he might have to say.

Besides now being able to associate a voice with his name (and yours), I found it quite different to hear some of your respective views versus reading them because so much can be lost in written communication - inflection, humor, emphasis, etc. It was well worth the time spent listening and I appreciate both of you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I have to add that your snippet game at the end of the podcast is positively evil! :evilbat:I only got 3 right (and had to cover my ears and "la-la-la" to do that so I wouldn't hear Jeeper's answers, because he was so quick on the draw)! :roll::D

Now I'm really excited about listening to the others and hearing from future guests. Nice work!

Wow. Thank you for the feedback.

I have to say, the podcasts have had a great response once I've been able to put my mind to it. Before Xmas, I was working 16 hours every single day and then coming home and doing a podcast with no planning or anything. Just jumping straight in.

Now that I have my PT business only to focus on, it allows me more time to focus on the podcasts and the feedback is proving that it is working.

Andy (Jeeper) is someone I chat too every single day but I'd never ever seen (apart from Instagram) or spoken to him properly before. It was great to verbally have a discussion rather than WhatsApp. We both share similar views and I think that's why this podcast particularly got a great response. I think it's the 2nd highest played podcast out of the 11 so far. First one being the highest but that was so new.

The snippet game is tough. I was too kind to the other guests because I was playing far too much of the song. It was way too easy. This is how I've played it in the past and I love it. I haven't done it on the past few podcasts unfortunately but it'll be back.

I highly recommend listening to Jake Johnson's podcast with me. I've just finished listening since the first time we recorded it and I have to say, I'm actually quite proud.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 04:34 PM

Still haven't found the time to listen to full podcasts on your channel, unfortunately. However, I skipped through some (currently the snippet game) and it's absolutely great that you're keeping up with this and putting a lot of effort in it. From someone having learned mostly American English, it's quite to tough to keep up with your accent at times though :mrgreen:

Rdkopper 03-11-2019 04:35 PM

One piece of feedback... As the person giving the interviews, stick to more questions and let the person your interviewing talk more...

I feel like once they answer your question, you give your own take on the question and talk more then them...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

liljovi93 03-11-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251522)
Still haven't found the time to listen to full podcasts on your channel, unfortunately. However, I skipped through some (currently the snippet game) and it's absolutely great that you're keeping up with this and putting a lot of effort in it. From someone having learned mostly American English, it's quite to tough to keep up with your accent at times though :mrgreen:

Thanks mate. I'd love to have you on at some time, to be honest. I think you'd be a great guest.

Cheers. The snippet game has had great feedback. I worried about it being too long but I suppose as a fan, it's just a bit of fun.

Hahaha I've had a few people comment on my accent. I can't even try and be a bit more well spoken, it's just not in me haha! I'm trying to stop saying 'errr' so much at the start but that's just habit too. I keep saying to myself 'don't say err, don't say err' and then I do haha

Thanks for the feedback.

Kathleen 03-11-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251522)

The accent is difficult but I guess I have learned to understand it LOL. The first time Kev came to stay with me (2006 yikes)
I had to ask him to repeat half of what he said. Keep in mind that Jay is Kev's good friend so they sound similar. However after a while my ear became tuned and I now understand most :)

liljovi93 03-11-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1251525)
The accent is difficult but I guess I have learned to understand it LOL. The first time Kev came to stay with me I had to ask him to repeat half of what he said. Keep in mind that Jay is Kev's good friend so they sound similar. However after a while my ear became tuned and I now understand most :)

Ah don't worry Kathleen, Kev makes no sense to me either [emoji6]

liljovi93 03-11-2019 07:47 PM

Just finished episode 13 with Mark Weiss!!!

Can't wait to publish this one!

YOVANAfromPeru 03-12-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251506)
Episode 11 is LIVE

https://youtu.be/7IwBwCwVV9s - YouTube Link

Bon Jovi Talk - Podcast Episode 11 - Jake (Hugh's Stepson), His Band, Jon & Richie, HOF, Q&A

I listened this one, and somehow I remembered an old interview that Hugh did with fans when he was clueless about the name of the recent Bon Jovi albums... I think he certainly is not clueless about the Richie situation, since Hugh and Richie always still talked each other. However Jovi clearly don't talk about some things and obviously his stepson either... and I bet that's one chapter of "the book Bon Jovi Business" kinda like "how you to change it up without changing it" (Wanted without guitar, lol...). A few reconfirmations like: the Christmas gift Hall of Fame story, that Hugh played on Runaway, then nothing, and then full since SWW (except Young Guns), that JBJ have the setlist HOURS before the show, and some more nice stories.