Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70442)

liljovi93 11-05-2018 08:41 PM

Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts

I plan to update this regularly with links used for my podcasts.

As I've mentioned, I'm really new to all this so bare with me. The audio might not be great on some of them and it might not flow as well as other podcasts you've listened too but I'm definitely going to give it a good crack.

So, it's obviously on YouTube. With over 350 views so far, I'm delighted.

Bon Jovi Talk Podcast Episode 1 (YouTube link)

https://youtu.be/FynPZipfgxI

It's then also on 4 apps currently. Delighted with that too, to be honest.

You can find the podcast on the following apps:

RadioPublic
Breaker
PocketCasts
Google Podcasts

If anyone would like to feature on these podcasts, DM me on here or at @BonJoviTalk on twitter.

I work over 12 hours everyday so weekdays aren't great but can organise something on weekends 100%

Feel free to give ANY feedback and thanks for listening if you do!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

nikos greece 11-05-2018 09:15 PM

nice work, listened to the whole episode. there were parts because of the mics or the heavier accents that i had difficulty to get. nice try overall, keep it up

liljovi93 11-05-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1246918)
nice work, listened to the whole episode. there were parts because of the mics or the heavier accents that i had difficulty to get. nice try overall, keep it up

Thanks very much for the feedback.

Yeah, my accent is going to be a problem for some people unfortunately, sorry! Haha.

Rdkopper 11-05-2018 09:53 PM

What is this and why is it a Sticky?

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246923)
What is this and why is it a Sticky?

Calm down, Prettyboy!

https://twitter.com/Dolph7800/status...24838509649920

Rdkopper 11-05-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246925)

It sounds like a fun thing for fans to enjoy but I don't think it needs it's own Sticky bumping down the YouTube Thread.

I don't mean to sound arrogant but as a seasoned fan, I wasn't overly impressed. The topics were way too basic, ran on for way too long, and I couldn't understand/hear what the other guy was talking about.

Example: If you're going to talk about how great the box set is for twenty minutes don't just say "yeah, Mrs 4th of July was great and should have made the album". Talk about what makes it great. Talk about the state Jon was in when he wrote the songs. He wrote it during the grey summer. Who is Mrs 4th of July? Is it the New Jersey Tour? Is it the Record Industry? Is it Doc? what is this referring to? "The queen of the roses has left us with nothing but thorns"

These are the things I want to hear discussed.

liljovi93 11-05-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246932)
It sounds like a fun thing for fans to enjoy but I don't think it needs it's own Sticky bumping down the YouTube Thread.

I don't mean to sound arrogant but as a seasoned fan, I wasn't overly impressed. The topics were way too basic, ran on for way too long, and I couldn't understand/hear what the other guy was talking about.

Example: If you're going to talk about how great the box set is for twenty minutes don't just say "yeah, Mrs 4th of July was great and should have made the album". Talk about what makes it great. Talk about the state Jon was in when he wrote the songs. He wrote it during the grey summer. Who is Mrs 4th of July? Is it the New Jersey Tour? Is it the Record Industry? Is it Doc? what is this referring to? "The queen of the roses has left us with nothing but thorns"

Points taken on board [emoji1303]

Bounce7800 11-05-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246932)

Oh no, how will we find the YouTube thread now it's one spot lower. Below a list of talent show links. Seriously come on. Leave worrying about the forum layout to us thanks.

There isn't actually a bon Jovi podcast out there, so for one of our members to start one is a good thing that is worth promoting. It's episode 1, different people can join and gave different takes on things. I'd happily volunteer to go on, I'm sure you could.impart your vast wisdom too rather than just criticise from the sidelines.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246937)
Oh no, how will we find the YouTube thread now it's one spot lower. Below a list of talent show links. Seriously come on. Leave worrying about the forum layout to us thanks.

There isn't actually a bon Jovi podcast out there, so for one of our members to start one is a good thing that is worth promoting. It's episode 1, different people can join and gave different takes on things. I'd happily volunteer to go on, I'm sure you could.impart your vast wisdom too rather than just criticise from the sidelines.

that’s why I said what I said on the other thread, I think some users here don’t sign autographs for free hihih

Rdkopper 11-06-2018 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246937)

Can we get rid of the talent show sticky? 31 posts in 4 years, Really!

And there are now 2 podcast posts. Which one do i post in? Geeze, and I thought the multiple Richie post were confusing.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-06-2018 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246949)
Can we get rid of the talent show sticky? 31 posts in 4 years, Really!

And there are now 2 podcast posts. Which one do i post in? Geeze, and I thought the multiple Richie post were confusing.

lol, I Totally endorse what World’sMost says...

liljovi93 11-11-2018 04:40 PM

I've got an hour or so free if anyone would like to be on the podcast?

jazzsta 11-17-2018 04:08 PM

I think it is a great effort & I appreciate it. Your accent is cool and you should keep it that way! ( I'm not a native english speaker)

The sound of your cotalker should be better. I know it is not easy when it is at a distance. I suppose if the person at the other end is a bit teckie, he/she can record the conversation by their side as well, and then they send you the file and you kix it. Or, even better, each one records only his own voice and then the mixing is rather easy just put the two files together (adjusting the timing).

I have no timr whatsoever now. But after christmass I could take part in a podcast. I will PM you.

liljovi93 11-18-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1247575)
I think it is a great effort & I appreciate it. Your accent is cool and you should keep it that way! ( I'm not a native english speaker)

The sound of your cotalker should be better. I know it is not easy when it is at a distance. I suppose if the person at the other end is a bit teckie, he/she can record the conversation by their side as well, and then they send you the file and you kix it. Or, even better, each one records only his own voice and then the mixing is rather easy just put the two files together (adjusting the timing).

I have no timr whatsoever now. But after christmass I could take part in a podcast. I will PM you.

Thanks very much.

Yeah, not sure if that was a fault on my side due to volume. It was streamed on YouTube and then I downloaded from that so maybe I just need to switch audio up.

I was meant to do one today at 10am but EVERYTHING has wiped from PC and I've been in touch with Microsoft so hopefully have it sorted this evening.

Shame it's taken this long to do another.

Supersonic 11-18-2018 04:52 PM

Aloha !

My suggestion is having interviews with people from Jovitalk. I'll go last or it'd just be a downhill slope really after I've been on.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 11-18-2018 08:05 PM

Notice how no one responded to the above? Just shows how interesting he really is...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BJFan99 11-18-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1247306)
I've got an hour or so free if anyone would like to be on the podcast?

Me, at some point :D

liljovi93 11-18-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1247632)
Me, at some point :D

Sounds good. Give us a DM and we can arrange something.

james_d 11-18-2018 09:04 PM

What's stupid is that I did record it with good quality audio but we just decided to use the stream footage

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1247575)

Supersonic 11-18-2018 09:44 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247631)
Notice how no one responded to the above? Just shows how interesting he really is...

Yeah, it's like I said. Not many are able to top whatever I come up with. Your reply is direct proof of that as it's a deep disappointment after reading my fantastic insight into what could be the promising start of james' podcast career on Jovitalk.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

YOVANAfromPeru 11-19-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1247640)
Aloha !

Yeah, it's like I said. Not many are able to top whatever I come up with. Your reply is direct proof of that as it's a deep disappointment after reading my fantastic insight into what could be the promising start of james' podcast career on Jovitalk.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bla bla bla...

liljovi93 11-24-2018 09:05 PM

Managed to do 3 in the past 24 hours.

I've had an absolute nightmare of a week. My dog died last Friday, my laptop done an update and I lost everything (I managed to get files back eventually) but Microsoft had no idea what the problem was so I had no laptop for a few days and I've also been ill so hectic week really.

The three I've done are similar to the first in terms of topic. Kind of just going off the cuff at the moment as I've not really planned any of these with people. It's literally been 'i can do one now' and we go into it.

I do plan to do certain topics. I don't want it getting stale or about the same things over and over again.

Brian (Dolph7800) was on with me earlier. Unfortunately, the signal wasn't great so the sound keeps going on and off and his microphone was quite quiet unfortunately so hopefully, we can do another one at some point that's a bit better. I'll still post the one from today up, though. I'm just doing this for fun so if people listen, they listen.

Enjoying these at the moment. It's good to speak to different fans and hear some stories and opinions.

Just exporting Episode 2 now. Hopefully stick that up this evening.

liljovi93 11-25-2018 08:04 PM

Episode 2 is now live guys. Here are the following links:

https://youtu.be/AI88SMrEtqg

Listen to my segment "Bon Jovi Talk Podcast 2" on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...dcast-2-a6m21m

Not sure why it's added 30mins or so into the end. I must have done the editing wrong. I'm useless at this sort of stuff, sorry.

Episode 2 features a fan called Aaron from my twitter page who is also a member on here but not too sure on his username. I seen today on Twitter he was struggling signing in due to a change in username.

We speak about the upcoming tour, what shows we are doing, previous shows he has done and what we expect to hear.

I finished work at 6.30pm, got in just after 7pm and was on air with Aaron by 7.30pm so I genuinely had NO time to plan any of this podcast at all, sorry. The next two I put out are off the cuff too so as I mentioned yesterday, don't expect much 'structure' just yet.

As always, give it a listen, give us some feedback and I'll see what I can do.

Tweet any questions or topics to @BonJoviTalk that you'd like to hear get asked as well.

Rdkopper 11-29-2018 02:43 AM

The person doing the interviewing says "Yeah" a lot.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-29-2018 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248212)

Really?? I thought his word was "Shite".

Rdkopper 11-29-2018 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248213)
Really?? I thought his word was "Shite".

Is Shite another way of saying Shit? It's definitely not an American thing.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-29-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248215)
Is Shite another way of saying Shit? It's definitely not an American thing.

I guess so... silly! And I speak Spanish, I've been guessing almost my whole life...

Rdkopper 11-29-2018 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248217)
I guess so... silly! And I speak Spanish, I've been guessing almost my whole life...

Now where guessing about shit.... That's what it's come down to.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-29-2018 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248219)
Now where guessing about shit.... That's what it's come down to.

Lol, and people say our chats are shit...
jajajaj

Jeeper 12-05-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248212)

So what? This is an informal, off the cuff chat between fans.

Will you also criticise if someone whose first language isn’t English is a guest on the podcast? We all have accents, and use different vernacular.

You really do moan for the sake of it.

Why don’t you go on the podcast and enlighten us all with your insightful, humorous repartee, spoken with clear, concise English?...

Or will you sit behind a screen and offer your usual tedium?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 12-05-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1248740)
You really do moan for the sake of it.

liljovi93 said “give us some feedback”
that’s all

Rdkopper 12-05-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248752)
liljovi93 said “give us some feedback”
that’s all

Yes. Exactly. Thank-you!!!

I teach Broadcasting at a local university so I'm always proving feedback and our first assignment is 'Create Your Own Podcast'.

JackieBlue 12-05-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248784)

I teach Broadcasting at a local university so I'm always proving feedback and our first assignment is 'Create Your Own Podcast'.

Well, damn, RDK, that's impressive. And I'm not being sarcastic. That's pretty cool. :)

liljovi93 12-05-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

All feedback is welcome. As I said, it's not to be professional or anything like that. It's literally a way to communicate with Bon Jovi fans and speak in depth about certain topics.

Anyway, three more episodes are up.

Episode 3 is by far the best one. Had a guy on called Adam who was hilarious. Had fantastic feedback to that episode.

Episode 4 had Brian (dolph7800) on it. Signal was SHOCKING. Quality is really bad.

Episode 5 had James who I done the first podcast with on. We spoke about Tokyo & Osaka shows & set lists.

I'm thoroughly enjoying doing these. It's an hour on a Saturday (mainly) where I just have a good chat about the band with another fan.

Rdkopper 12-06-2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1248786)
Well, damn, RDK, that's impressive. And I'm not being sarcastic. That's pretty cool. :)

Thanks... yes, it's a fun class

YOVANAfromPeru 12-06-2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

I teach

Are you a teacher??? = More like you can be my Apprentice...

liljovi93 12-06-2018 10:49 AM

Links to the podcasts I haven't posted on here yet.

Episode 3 -

https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...i-Songs-e2kues

Episode 4 -

https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...he-Band-e2m7l3

Episode 5 -

https://anchor.fm/james-harris70/epi...rmances-e2n3ub

Rdkopper 12-06-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248798)
Are you a teacher??? = More like you can be my Apprentice...

College Professor

YOVANAfromPeru 12-06-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248815)
College Professor

You still my Apprentice.

Jeeper 12-06-2018 07:13 PM

Enjoying these podcasts. Much better sound quality on the last one, too.

Nothing will beat number 3 though. So funny!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk