Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Next ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70784)

BJFan99 11-24-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1270409)
I think a lot of people didn't know the state of Jon's voice before they attended the show. It's only really die hard fans that go looking and youTube vids etc. I think they will think twice next time...

God, only the number of FB/IG etc. comments asking what's wrong with Jon's voice (let alone the videos of the shows, especially after Düsseldorf) made me cringe time after time, show after show last year. His vocal decline seems to have come as a complete shock for most casuals and reading their outcomes of disappointment made me very sad as well.

If I were Jon, I wouldn't have (had) the guts to charge people with those hideous vocals anymore.

Eveline 11-24-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1270413)
If I were Jon, I wouldn't have (had) the guts to charge people with those hideous vocals anymore.

Well, a few days ago I stumbled upon a tweet and the girl said Jon's voice sounds like a warm blanket. It's a fkn lullaby to some! Honestly, I struggle to understand those people. I last maybe 10 seconds before I have to mute Jon or else my ears will bleed.

BJFan99 11-24-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1270414)
Well, a few days ago I stumbled upon a tweet and the girl said Jon's voice sounds like a warm blanket. It's a fkn lullaby to some! Honestly, I struggle to understand those people. I last maybe 10 seconds before I have to mute Jon or else my ears will bleed.

Well, if she said so, she probably hasn't heard his recent live vocals, so let's try to be fair. In the studio (albeit after heavy processing and doctoring) the guy still sounds way better than live, even on the 2020 album.

RonJovi 11-27-2020 12:33 AM

Jon’s been hammered on here over the years for chasing trends, album sales and money. I’m surprised to see posters here say “2020 was good but it flopped so Jon needs to do something else.”

Personally, album sales don’t bother me. 2020 is a better album than most (if not all) of their post 2000 output. I also enjoyed THINFS after a couple of mediocre studio albums (WAN and TC).

Eveline 11-27-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1270420)
Well, if she said so, she probably hasn't heard his recent live vocals, so let's try to be fair. In the studio (albeit after heavy processing and doctoring) the guy still sounds way better than live, even on the 2020 album.

Yeah, she referred to those home vids, which are obviously doctored, but still dubbed 'live' anyway. Any song will be butchered by JBJ at this point, be it with Shanks' or Phil's or no solo at all. The 'new' voice doesn't match the 'old' hits, either. It's just forging ahead now. Making millions out of nostalgic fans who accept what little is left before it's a definite 'the end' or hardcore JBJ fans who would die for one smile at their direction. This is what it is.

steel_horse75 11-27-2020 03:33 PM

What Next ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1270554)
Jon’s been hammered on here over the years for chasing trends, album sales and money. I’m surprised to see posters here say “2020 was good but it flopped so Jon needs to do something else.”

Personally, album sales don’t bother me. 2020 is a better album than most (if not all) of their post 2000 output. I also enjoyed THINFS after a couple of mediocre studio albums (WAN and TC).

They just to go back to what their good at.
2020 has some positive reviews but it’s not sold as fans aren’t buying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Litneg 11-28-2020 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1270579)
They just to go back to what their good at.
2020 has some positive reviews but it’s not sold as fans aren’t buying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe the fans are buying it, but not the general public. There was too little promotion, there were no advises on youtube (for example I remember seeing lots of times the THINFS video playing on YT ads), and also an odd distribution of the record. Some countries only started selling it one month after the release!

I'm not saying they would have blown the numbers doing those things right, but 2020 would certainly have done better.

cqleonardo 11-28-2020 05:41 AM

As much as I love this album, it was released in a terrible moment... Would make much more sense to just put it away and release it later... Or release just on streaming and stuff, sent to people that bought on the pre sale.
Personally what I would like them to do (but I know they won't because Jon doesnt like to "live in the past) it was a celebration in 2023 because of the 40th anniversary of the band. New compliation with 2-4 new songs, greatest hits tour, some vault stuff, nice promos and photos...