Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Kathleen 04-27-2022 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1279493)
It's nice to find another Burning Bridges fan. It was supposed to be just a throw away when Jon was fighting with his label, but I have always really liked it.

I have always liked it too - I just took it out of my car's CD player for the first time in ages.

Kriegentragen 04-27-2022 06:09 PM

2020: The New Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1279493)
It's nice to find another Burning Bridges fan. It was supposed to be just a throw away when Jon was fighting with his label, but I have always really liked it.

Sans Life is beautiful, I think it’s a great album, and the closest to “experimental” Bon Jovi ever got.

Also, it gave us the best Bon Jovi hard rock song from the 2010s: We don’t run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

efpg0708 02-07-2023 12:26 AM

I didn’t like this album when it came out. Decided to give it another try after almost 3 years. Unfortunately I disliked it even more.

Limitless has to be one of the worst songs ever released by the band. None of the other songs (except Blood in the Water) do anything for me. Luv Can has the potential, but Jon’s vocals are very doctored and he still sounds bad …

It’s a shame, because Blood in the Water is a fantastic song.

But overall, easily the worst BJ album IMO.

Eduardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.J. Always 02-07-2023 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1283952)
I didn’t like this album when it came out. Decided to give it another try after almost 3 years. Unfortunately I disliked it even more.

Limitless has to be one of the worst songs ever released by the band. None of the other songs (except Blood in the Water) do anything for me. Luv Can has the potential, but Jon’s vocals are very doctored and he still sounds bad …

It’s a shame, because Blood in the Water is a fantastic song.

But overall, easily the worst BJ album IMO.

Eduardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be the only person in the world who likes Limitless. I will definitely agree with you that it is the worst BJ album--the only one I didn't buy.

Javier 02-08-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1283955)
I must be the only person in the world who likes Limitless. I will definitely agree with you that it is the worst BJ album--the only one I didn't buy.

I also like the song. I just wish it went further than it does, it's just so samey and static for lack of a better description. In fact, every "rock" song on 2020 is that way except Brothers in Arms. Weirdly enough, the 2 songs from the album that stuck around my playlist and come on shuffle every once in a while are Shine and Luv Can.

Litneg 02-08-2023 11:56 AM

To me (singles aside), I still think it's the best produced record since The Circle.

About the songs I still listen often to Beautiful Drug and Luv Can. These two are among my favorite BJ's tracks.

B.J. Always 02-09-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1283963)
To me (singles aside), I still think it's the best produced record since The Circle.

About the songs I still listen often to Beautiful Drug and Luv Can. These two are among my favorite BJ's tracks.

I know nothing about record production so I don't really understand what you are saying?

liljovi93 02-09-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1283963)

It is. It's the best Shanks produced album (Bon Jovi wise) so far, by a mile.

Just a shame the majority of songs are shit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 02-10-2023 08:48 AM

i bought it on double gold vinyl and until late last year was still sealed so I sold it as i would never play it.
I have the Japanese CD but again, Ive played it 2 or 3 times.

I love blood in water and enjoy Luv can and unbroken (oddly) but the rest bore me.

The last 2 or 3 Jovi albums have no place in their discography. Just a bunch of boring songs that i have no desire to listen too bar a few.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 02-10-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1283961)
I also like the song. I just wish it went further than it does, it's just so samey and static for lack of a better description. In fact, every "rock" song on 2020 is that way except Brothers in Arms. Weirdly enough, the 2 songs from the album that stuck around my playlist and come on shuffle every once in a while are Shine and Luv Can.

and yet these are the 2 Jon dropped for awful songs such as do what you can.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk