Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 12-22-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271467)
Excellent, thanks!

I know Michael Bradford but I hear her name for the first time. Maybe you'll be able to decipher the names from the show as well.

If you can give me the time stamp, yeah. I'm watching the show now. Some things work but I forgot how obvious it was so much was fixed in post production. But some of it holds up too.

Johny 12-22-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271469)
If you can give me the time stamp, yeah. I'm watching the show now. Some things work but I forgot how obvious it was so much was fixed in post production. But some of it holds up too.

Starting around 1:28:00 at the end of Good Times. Unfotunately they only aim at the keyboard player and the guitar player :/

Rdkopper 12-23-2020 04:29 AM

Oh man, that Richie interview is cringeworthy from start to finish...

First, he needs to understand that it's not the 80s anymore and he's not 20... I don't know what look he's going for but its just not working for him.

Second, his personality is just so not the Richie from Aftermath to the beginning. He was such a calm cool happy chill nice guy. He always had a permanent smile and a warm personality... I'm almost afraid of this Richie. Now he's just constantly on the defense and the words take a while to come out. The is a stumble, mumble, or hesitation before each sentence. There are times where he drifts off or takes the conversations a step too far.

I was watching his Craig Ferguson guest appearance the other day and what a different guy.

Its just all so wrong now and age is not the excuse... Nikki Sixx is the same guy he has always been and he's even older.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-23-2020 11:43 AM

Here we go again with the same old nonsense from the same old people....

He looks well, seems happy and came across really well in the interview. Comments i've seen on social media about it (outside of Bon Jovi circles) has been very positive. I've no intrest in the way he does his hair or the way he chooses to dress...that's his choice. No one says to Keith Richards or Joe Perry that they need to start dressing like old men? How ridiculous...

He's been through a lot since Aftermath and he's also quite a bit older...people change and people age, some folks just can't seem to deal with it. I guess if people can't claim that he's drunk they need to find fault elsewhere...

And yes age is a factor, not everyone ages the same rate and Nikki has been clean living for many years, which does make a difference. We also have no idea what other health issues people may or may not have been through. We all know that Richie partied hard and that has an effect on the body long term, especially as you get older, but i've been through that on here many times, certain people just choose to ignore it...

People who are looking for Richie to look and act exactly as he did ten years ago are always going to be dissapointed. I know that I am not exactly the same person that I was ten years ago.

Alphavictim 12-23-2020 04:17 PM

I am pretty sure Nikki has had work done. He's also usually wearing a bandana when doing press these days. Speaking of which, who knows if Joe Perry's hair is real at this point. Then again, see Keith Richards, who doesn't care.

Butters 12-24-2020 12:50 AM

Bruce is a perfect example of how to grow old gracefully as a rock star. He's not trying to look 30. He's 71 and he looks amazing. I saw him on SNL last week, and yes, he has obviously had plenty of work done (hair transplants etc.) but he keeps himself in tremendously good health and it shows. As you get older, you just have to cut the hair a bit shorter and dress appropriately.

Rdkopper 12-24-2020 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1271487)
Bruce is a perfect example of how to grow old gracefully as a rock star. He's not trying to look 30. He's 71 and he looks amazing. I saw him on SNL last week, and yes, he has obviously had plenty of work done (hair transplants etc.) but he keeps himself in tremendously good health and it shows. As you get older, you just have to cut the hair a bit shorter and dress appropriately.

His look is just part of it... When hes talking about Living On A Prayer he goes off in some weird direction. Hes really not funny anymore unless hes being awkward or inappropriate.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Kathleen 12-24-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1271487)

In my opinion Bruce has nothing to prove anymore. He's relaxed and he cares but he is not trying too hard. His work speaks for itself and he just had another #1 album - at his age. I can only hope that Bruce is basking in all of it.

Butters 12-24-2020 02:28 AM

I'm sure that he is, Kathleen. For whatever one can tell by looking in from the outside, Bruce seems to be truly happy and at peace with himself. I love how open he has been in recent years discussing his depression and how much he has been helped by the treatment he sought. That he can speak so openly about this says a lot about the level of self-acceptance he has achieved.

This is Bruce's world and the rest of us just live in it. "When they built you, brother, they broke the mold". If ever a lyric summed up an artist, this is it.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-24-2020 05:07 AM

https://instagram.ftru2-2.fna.fbcdn....84&oe=600C06CC
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKCgA1lsJW/