Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

jon-flp 02-21-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1261899)
The clip is out: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKvGhAhikj4[/url]

Heavily inspired on It's my life video (which is not a bad thing). You can see it by the various takes in Jon's face and the iconic jump. But it lacks emotion to me. The song doesn't help and the history in the video doesn't help too. I liked the band appearing in the Times Square screens.

MrNickel 02-21-2020 06:44 PM

Video seems like a rehash of Knockout and Its My Life. Also Jon is dressed like Cliff Richards.......

Rdkopper 02-21-2020 06:54 PM

This single is getting destroyed on all outlets.

Here, YouTube, and even this FB page I follow which consists of more backstage like fans... And they love everything so that makes a statement in itself.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

MrNickel 02-21-2020 06:59 PM

When the super casuals (or lead singer admirers) turn on a band, you know its getting bad. I think the song screams lazy which is harsh but true.

adrianoizar 02-21-2020 07:43 PM

Maybe with Sambora the album would be better

1 Attachment(s)
I miss Richie so much

angelsambo 02-21-2020 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=phoenixy;1261899]The clip is out:
boring as the song

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 07:55 PM

It was brought up in the other thread that it sounds like I Talk To Jesus and it really does so if anyone else is drinking the "Shanks wrote this alone" Kool-Aid:

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 08:12 PM

The JBJ show. It is the worst video that Bon Jovi has released. So fake. So bad.

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 08:13 PM

Could be worse, at least the band is actually in it.

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261920)
Could be worse, at least the band is actually in it.

What band are you talking about ... those 6 musicians that are three meters behind Jon?

Worst video with What Do you Got.

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 08:21 PM

You're talking absolute nonsense. The distance of them to Jon isn't different to most of the videos. I get complaining about stuff but man...the logic isn't there. Find actual band stuff to have problems with instead of making stuff up.

phoenixy 02-21-2020 08:22 PM

https://i.imgur.com/u4h7CxI.png
Google's auto generated English subtitles are hillarious: "another buzz another penis":)

Eveline 02-21-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1261923)
Google's auto generated English subtitles are hillarious: "another buzz another penis":)

hahaha good grief xD thanks for making me laugh, needed that today!

jovifan93 02-21-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1261923)

LOL, I knew something good has to come out of anything! :-D

angelsambo 02-21-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261920)
...at least the band is actually in it.

the touring band

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 08:50 PM

If the album is a failure in sales and does not get the number 1 on billboard, what could happen?

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1261927)
the touring band

I don't understand the difference. The entire "band" is in the video. The touring members are as well. How is me saying "The band is in the video" incorrect? The band is there.

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261929)
I don't understand the difference. The entire "band" is in the video. The touring members are as well. How is me saying "The band is in the video" incorrect? The band is there.

Because he can't fool us anymore.

bonjovi90 02-21-2020 09:12 PM

The band probably heard the song for the first time the day they had to mime it for the video :D

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261930)
Because he can't fool us anymore.

The way people stick around just to complain, he sure can.

The band is in the video. Make up any excuse you can to make yourself angrier but you're wrong.

Eveline 02-21-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261931)
The band probably heard the song for the first time the day they had to mime it for the video :D

Just look at Phil rocking his guitar there :mrgreen:

jovifan93 02-21-2020 10:01 PM

I don't get the whole talk about the band not playing in the song. Tico definitely played drums and I guess David played the synths. The guitar could've been anyone, yes, but there's no reason to believe it's all Jon & John...

steel_horse75 02-21-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1261906)
This single is getting destroyed on all outlets.

Here, YouTube, and even this FB page I follow which consists of more backstage like fans... And they love everything so that makes a statement in itself.

I’m getting freaky Bon Jovi fan (mainly women) accounts on twitter going mental at me saying the band still rock it and how dare I dislike it.

I just can’t get passed that bridge. Kills it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 02-21-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261922)
You're talking absolute nonsense. The distance of them to Jon isn't different to most of the videos. I get complaining about stuff but man...the logic isn't there. Find actual band stuff to have problems with instead of making stuff up.

There not even there. They are lookalikes.

steel_horse75 02-21-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261928)
If the album is a failure in sales and does not get the number 1 on billboard, what could happen?

I doubt it will get no 1 here in uk. Can’t remember the last one that no 1 over here to be honest. Lost highway?

liljovi93 02-21-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1261938)
I doubt it will get no 1 here in uk. Can’t remember the last one that no 1 over here to be honest. Lost highway?

Crush.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 02-21-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1261933)
Just look at Phil rocking his guitar there :mrgreen:

He already perfected that when he was headbanging in the hard-rocking Walls video :mrgreen:

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1261934)
I don't get the whole talk about the band not playing in the song. Tico definitely played drums and I guess David played the synths. The guitar could've been anyone, yes, but there's no reason to believe it's all Jon & John...

Producer, Associated Performer, Guitar, Keyboards, Background Vocalist: John Shanks

and Tico

Eveline 02-21-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261941)
He already perfected that when he was headbanging in the hard-rocking Walls video :mrgreen:

:D but isn't he headbanging in literally every vid anyway? Gotta show off the best hair in Bon Jovi :mrgreen:

YOVANAfromPeru 02-21-2020 10:51 PM

You all are overreacting like little babies, the song and video is good compared with Because We Can or This House Is Not For Sale. I like it (though the video is a tiny boring), huh!
P.S. the rest of the "band" is almost invisible... >_< lol

jovifan85 02-21-2020 11:20 PM

After initally not liking Limitless, it's grown on me.

I like Unbroken, even if some fans dislike it.

The problem with fans, is that the majority have a vision of 80's/90's style of music of Bon Jovi. Yes when Jon retires all the fans will remember that era, but to dismiss anything since that era is wrong. Jon can write good songs, he's just lost the power in his voice, if Jon can say I can't have an Voice Surgery, or happy with his voice, fans can decide to stay with the band or leave.....I do think Jon, should answer this as fans still are hoping for a miracle.....But replacing John Shanks, or bringing Ritchie (back on the last album) won't mask Jon's current situation. Yes, I like more Guitar ( hopefully someone may, have a word) more rockish songs, but he's limited to his current vocal situation.

And hasn't Jon earned the right to make music that he wants? even if as fans we disagree? With the success of the past, he can do what he wants, even if he may risk losing fans, and of course the ridicule of his current voice.

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261942)
Producer, Associated Performer, Guitar, Keyboards, Background Vocalist: John Shanks

and Tico
NEED A NEW DRUMMER? - Perfect Drums Plugin - YouTube

Dave is credited as playing keyboards on it and doing background vocals you can hear him clearly.

Why are people acting like they didnt play on the song? It's very milquetoast, bland, uninspired playing but it's Tico, Dave, Shanks, Phil and Hugh. 0.0 percent reason to believe otherwise. I'm mad that it doesnt have an organic band feel not mad because it's session musicians.

Thinny 02-21-2020 11:34 PM

The drums do sound very programmed/processed to me, but I think it's just the way Shanks produces them. I miss Tico's natural drum sound.

steel_horse75 02-22-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1261945)
You all are overreacting like little babies, the song and video is good compared with Because We Can or This House Is Not For Sale. I like it (though the video is a tiny boring), huh!

P.S. the rest of the "band" is almost invisible... >_< lol

Have you noticed how much camera time the other band members get? It’s not much more than unbroken!
Also when the camera does land on the other members it’s for a millisecond but they are also blurred out when Jbj is in shot.

Captain_jovi 02-22-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1261949)
The drums do sound very programmed/processed to me, but I think it's just the way Shanks produces them. I miss Tico's natural drum sound.

Yeah they sound way way way over produced. But listen to the way they kick in at the start, it's not a drum machine, it's just produced bad stupidly.

rolo_tomachi 02-22-2020 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1261947)
After initally not liking Limitless, it's grown on me.

I like Unbroken, even if some fans dislike it.

The problem with fans, is that the majority have a vision of 80's/90's style of music of Bon Jovi. Yes when Jon retires all the fans will remember that era, but to dismiss anything since that era is wrong. Jon can write good songs, he's just lost the power in his voice, if Jon can say I can't have an Voice Surgery, or happy with his voice, fans can decide to stay with the band or leave.....I do think Jon, should answer this as fans still are hoping for a miracle.....But replacing John Shanks, or bringing Ritchie (back on the last album) won't mask Jon's current situation. Yes, I like more Guitar ( hopefully someone may, have a word) more rockish songs, but he's limited to his current vocal situation.

And hasn't Jon earned the right to make music that he wants? even if as fans we disagree? With the success of the past, he can do what he wants, even if he may risk losing fans, and of course the ridicule of his current voice.

Jon has always been free to do what he wants. And fans also have that freedom to express the things we like and those we don't like.

It is not a vision of the 80s / 90s. It is the same vision of the last 15 years. That's the problem. Everything sounds worn. and without guitars.

Limitless is only a one song. Maybe the next single is amazing.

Rdkopper 02-22-2020 02:41 AM

So now three days in and after watching the video, I have to admit that the song is definitely growing on me.

Don't get me wrong, terrible lyrics, no chorus and that bridge makes me wish I had a real one to jump off of however, there is something that is hooking me in.

"On a night like this, one prayer, one wish" has that little punch that is starting to grow on me.

BTW, not sure if this was mentioned but there are definitely a lot of synergies between both this song & video and It's My Life.

I think this is supposed to be a little homage being that it's 20 years later.

rolo_tomachi 02-22-2020 02:47 AM

10 tracks. Any hope of bonus tracks? maybe wallmart? physical editions or from Japan? I like the bonus tracks.

Jovi98 02-22-2020 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261959)
10 tracks. Any hope of bonus tracks? maybe wallmart? physical editions or from Japan? I like the bonus tracks.

Jon written about 25 songs for the album,so I think there will be bonus tracks, otherwise he'll keep them for the next box set....
"or they will remain in his computer forever"

wichi850262 02-22-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261959)

It's kinda well known that the singles aren't the best songs on the album, so I'm really looking forward to the rest of the album and bonus tracks.

Limitless isn't the worst sing ever for me, neither is Unbroken, but it's a shame they, whoever that may be, is sticking to the same worn formula...