Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Concerts/Gigs/Shows (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37180)

Yvonne 09-13-2006 10:45 PM

Concerts/Gigs/Shows

When you go to a concert, gig, show, whats more important when your there? is it seeing how close you can get to the front or is it just being there? Is it the music? Or something else.......

Neurotica80 09-13-2006 11:31 PM

It depends on many things. Who im seeing, the size/type of venue, how much I paid for tickets etc. Of course it is about being there but for a band I really like yes I would put myself out more, its about getting close to your idol. Actually that sentence sounds creepy but you get the idea!!

LittleLaura 09-14-2006 01:28 AM

Being close is important for the atmosphere as well as seing stuff, wen i saw jovis this summer i was too close in manchester - it was my 1st gig for 3 years n most of the people around me had seen them several times already earlier in the tour so they werent as... 'crazy lol, in MK i was miles away and with a bunch of girls who didnt know any of the words and just squealed whenever they saw jon's arse on the screen (yawn), Hull was perfect, shame about the performance :-(

Becky 09-14-2006 01:52 AM

The most important thing is good sound in the venue. I'll walk out of a performance if the sound is bad.

I prefer to be up front, but it's not necessary. In some way it just depends on who is playing and where they're playing. I care less about being up close if I go to a show in Jackson than I do if I go to a show elsewhere. I can be perfectly happy by myself, but I enjoy sitting with friends too. If there's a show I really want to go to and none of my friends do, I'll go by myself. I love music and I love concerts, so I'm not going to stay home because no one else is a fan of whomever.

Jonbonrocks 09-14-2006 02:11 AM

Umm, for me, the most important things in a concert are 1) seating - how close I am, and 2) if they have good t-shirts to buy, cause I love getting band t-shirts.

Sound is also important, definitely! For general admission shows (the scissor sisters next month...) I hope to get there very early so i can be front row...even if I am in the second row, I feel pissed off. I can't stand not being first...lol

yomamasofat 09-14-2006 02:45 AM

The most important thing is: SETLIST.

Kathleen 09-14-2006 03:38 AM

I'm always hoping for a good setlist but for me - the most important thing is being there and hearing the music. I have paid a fortune for sold out Bruce concerts when I couldn't get a ticket any other way - and still been in the nosebleed section. It didn't matter - I was there and I was happy :)

The local venues here, Continental Arena and Madison Square Garden both have very good sound and it's pretty much the same no matter where you sit, so sound is less of an issue for me.

Kathleen

Tashjbj 09-14-2006 10:07 AM

Depends on who I see with how close I want to be, but usually it is just seeing the artist and the atmosphere of the evening. I must admit I did enjoy being that close at the Bon Jovi show at Dusseldorf - it was worth the wait!

Christo 09-14-2006 11:08 AM

Atmosphere, sound, performance, venue.

Regarding a wait in line during the day, nice weather does help too. ;)

Captain Walrus 09-14-2006 01:27 PM

Well of course there's lots of factors, but in terms of how close you can get, it depends on the crowd. A lot of the bands I might go to see tend to be more mosh-friendly, so the perfect place to be is as close as possible without being in a position where a) you might die, and b) fighting to stay off the floor keeps you from watching the show