Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official October 2 Estadio Nacional del Perķ, Lima, Perķ Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70640)

Zakatar 09-18-2019 05:04 AM

The Official October 2 Estadio Nacional del Perķ, Lima, Perķ Thread
 
Setlists, Predictions, Videos, Disappointments, Complaints...

The last time Bon Jovi played in Lima was on September 29, 2010, during The Circle tour. The setlist was as follows:

01. Blood on Blood
02. We Weren't Born to Follow
03. You Give Love a Bad Name
04. Whole Lot of Leavin'
05. Born to Be My Baby
06. Lost Highway
07. In These Arms
08. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
09. We Got it Going on
10. Bad Medcine [with Oh, Pretty Woman and Shout snippets]
11. It's My Life
12. Lay Your Hands on Me [Richie Vox]
13. I'll Be There For You
14. What Do You Got?
15. Have a Nice Day
16. Runaway
17. Who Says You Can't Go Home
18. Keep the Faith
----------------------------------
19. Wanted Dead or Alive
20. Livin' on a Prayer
----------------------------------
21. Always


2019 Setlist: TBA

BJFan99 10-01-2019 10:22 PM

My prediction:

Jon permanently destroyed whatever bit of voice he had left in Rio and will have to cut off several songs from the printed setlist during the gig itself (like in Sonderborg or Bucharest in the summer, but even worse).

bonjovi90 10-01-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259229)
My prediction:

Jon permanently destroyed whatever bit of voice he had left in Rio and will have to cut off several songs from the printed setlist during the gig itself (like in Sonderborg or Bucharest in the summer, but even worse).

That could very well be the case. The high profile gig is done, I just hope fans don't get another Hull.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

WhamATC 10-02-2019 11:21 PM

If it's gonna be like this then I was lucky to see him in Stockholm, the setlist that concert was slightly above average for THINFS too.

hackster73 10-03-2019 08:55 AM

Looks like a 17 song let's get it over with set

Dicanio 10-03-2019 09:13 AM

My thoughts too as soon as I saw the set list.

bonjovi90 10-03-2019 11:45 AM

01. This House Is Not For Sale
02. Born To Be My Baby
03. Lost Highway
04. You Give Love A Bad Name
05. Roller Coaster
06- We Weren't Born To Follow
07. Blood On Blood
08. In These Arms
09. We Got It Going On
10. Keep The Faith
11. It's My Life
12. Lay Your Hands On Me
13. We Don't Run
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine

Encore:
16. I'll Be There For You
17. Livin' On A Prayer

What a joke to end the tour. Thinking about that the end of the last proper tour in 2013, despite Jon's vocals having gone to hell there as well, had 29 songs...

Johny 10-03-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259249)
01. This House Is Not For Sale
02. Born To Be My Baby
03. Lost Highway
04. You Give Love A Bad Name
05. Roller Coaster
06- We Weren't Born To Follow
07. Blood On Blood
08. In These Arms
09. We Got It Going On
10. Keep The Faith
11. It's My Life
12. Lay Your Hands On Me
13. We Don't Run
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine

Encore:
16. I'll Be There For You
17. Livin' On A Prayer

What a joke to end the tour. Thinking about that the end of the last proper tour in 2013, despite Jon's vocals having gone to hell there as well, had 29 songs...

Different kind of hell..

Kinda expected but very sad though.

Javier 10-03-2019 01:00 PM

Damn! Looks like a rushed set, but I half expected it seeing as to how Rio was. A short-ish show can still be great but for a band with Bon Jovi's catalog to play less than 20 - 22 songs seems like a bit of a cop out. Hopefully the ones that attended had a great time, I just hope this is not a sign of what the future holds set list wise....

JackieBlue 10-03-2019 01:54 PM

What tells the story more than anything else, as far as I'm concerned, is the fact that the entire PBP for the very last show of any Bon Jovi tour consists of 5 posts, none of which are about the performance itself; and the entire show thread is less than one page.

Unless something changes significantly, I think it's pretty clear that even IF Bon Jovi isn't done, the fans are. :(

micro cuts 10-03-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1259252)
Hopefully the ones that attended had a great time, I just hope this is not a sign of what the future holds set list wise....

Is there still a future for bon jovi?

Javier 10-03-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259253)
What tells the story more than anything else, as far as I'm concerned, is the fact that the entire PBP for the very last show of any Bon Jovi tour consists of 5 posts, none of which are about the performance itself; and the entire show thread is less than one page.

Unless something changes significantly, I think it's pretty clear that even IF Bon Jovi isn't done, the fans are. :(

I think this has more to do with the site itself rather than the band or tour. This forum basically just sucks now with all the ads and malware attached to it....

efpg0708 10-03-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259249)
01. This House Is Not For Sale
02. Born To Be My Baby
03. Lost Highway
04. You Give Love A Bad Name
05. Roller Coaster
06- We Weren't Born To Follow
07. Blood On Blood
08. In These Arms
09. We Got It Going On
10. Keep The Faith
11. It's My Life
12. Lay Your Hands On Me
13. We Don't Run
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine

Encore:
16. I'll Be There For You
17. Livin' On A Prayer

What a joke to end the tour. Thinking about that the end of the last proper tour in 2013, despite Jon's vocals having gone to hell there as well, had 29 songs...

So, this is the end of the most dreadful Bon Jovi tour of all time (until the next one). The logic thing to do now would be to pack your things, go home, and reflect on how much money does it take to make it up for the embarrassment that is singing to thousands of people with your voice as bad as this. But Jon clearly doesn’t care about it. As long as people keep coming and paying to see him, he’ll continue. That’s what really pisses me off. For years and years he went on record saying that he is a perfectionist, that he has to go out there every night as if it was their last show, that he doesn’t accept anything less than perfection for his shows, yet he keeps on doing it at this abysmal level. But people are still coming and the money keeps rolling in. He’ll milk the fans for every penny until he has to ask for Rob Stewart to cover for him because he’s too old to do it. Shame.

JackieBlue 10-03-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1259257)
I think this has more to do with the site itself rather than the band or tour. This forum basically just sucks now with all the ads and malware attached to it....

That might be it; but the ads and malware have been a problem for several years. This is the first time I remember seeing so little attention paid to a show. And surely not one that wrapped up a tour. Only a few posts leading up to it, virtually none during the performance (no PBP as it happens, no requests for links to follow along, etc.), and not much after the show. Not a single video posted. Just seems like there's no interest.

But I should have qualified by saying, it seems to me that the fans have given up, which may or may not be the case.

It just occurred to me, too, that this may be the first time Jon has started promoting a new album while he's still touring in support of the latest release. Since he's already given us the name, talked about some of the songs, and mentioned an early Spring release, maybe fans are just done with this album and are ready to move on to the next.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-03-2019 07:24 PM

I always knew my country was weird, but not like thisÖ >_< jajajajaj
Bed Of Roses wasnīt played and the Audible was Saturday Night, yeahhh itís ALL my fault; Iíll Be There For You was Good!
In general, it was a nice concert, shorter than the average which I think itís Great! (since we ALL are old, and our feet get a little tired sooner >_< jajajajajaj)
Anyway, Iím happy! and thatís all what it matter >_< jajajajaj

P.S. Sorry for all my laughs, but I canít help it! >_< jajajaj

efpg0708 10-03-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1259261)
I always knew my country was weird, but not like thisÖ >_< jajajajaj
Bed Of Roses wasnīt played and the Audible was Saturday Night, yeahhh itís ALL my fault; Iíll Be There For You was Good!
In general, it was a nice concert, shorter than the average which I think itís Great! (since we ALL are old, and our feet get a little tired sooner >_< jajajajajaj)
Anyway, Iím happy! and thatís all what it matter >_< jajajajaj

P.S. Sorry for all my laughs, but I canít help it! >_< jajajaj

Thatís why Jon keeps on going like that. If thatís all he has to do in order for people to write things like that and to make them keep coming back, heíll keep doing it.

angelsambo 10-03-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1259261)
Iíll Be There For You was Good!

it's unlistenable


Supersonic 10-03-2019 08:48 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1259262)
Thatís why Jon keeps on going like that. If thatís all he has to do in order for people to write things like that and to make them keep coming back, heíll keep doing it.

She's not any different from those bitching about these shows either. This entire board knows Jon is done and yet most went to see this band and came back saying it was a great show while a show like Wembley's only just a tad better than these shit shows.

I reckon Tico and Dave's pay has increased because I can't imagine them going through all the hassle of customs, planes, customs, random hotels, stuck in traffic in cities they've never cared for just to cringe through these shows with the ultimate reward of a crowd cheering for what they know is an awful performance.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thierry 10-03-2019 09:03 PM

I hope they stop touring.. itís awful.. and unlistenable.

efpg0708 10-03-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1259264)
Aloha !



She's not any different from those bitching about these shows either. This entire board knows Jon is done and yet most went to see this band and came back saying it was a great show while a show like Wembley's only just a tad better than these shit shows.

I reckon Tico and Dave's pay has increased because I can't imagine them going through all the hassle of customs, planes, customs, random hotels, stuck in traffic in cities they've never cared for just to cringe through these shows with the ultimate reward of a crowd cheering for what they know is an awful performance.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yep, pretty much this. I has a terrific time at RIR2017 mainly because the crowd was out of this world and I didn¬’t go just to see Bon Jovi (I did both weekends). But as I said in my review, Jon¬’s voice was already horrendous and the lack of everything that made Bon Jovi so good live up until 2011 made me not want to come back anymore.

Kathleen 10-03-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1259265)
I hope they stop touring.. it’s awful.. and unlistenable.

Have to agree with this. Finally got a chance to watch Rock in Rio today. My god - this is not the same band that I traveled to Europe to see in 2011. And I'm not talking about Richie being gone. It was Jon's voice that drew me in all those years ago. And I guess, ultimately, it's Jon's voice that is making me cringe. The band sounds good, the lead singer sounds terrible and he sounds unlike the man who sang all this awesome music originally.

JoviForever 10-03-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1259257)
I think this has more to do with the site itself rather than the band or tour. This forum basically just sucks now with all the ads and malware attached to it....

I would agree with that. Sometimes I canít even get into the forums because there is an ad covering the whole page!

YOVANAfromPeru 10-03-2019 10:00 PM

Okay, maybe Iím a little selfish (A LOT) but I really enjoyed the show, to be honest I enjoy everything. So please take my opinion without details O_O >_< jajajaj.

Kathleen 10-03-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1259268)
I would agree with that. Sometimes I canít even get into the forums because there is an ad covering the whole page!

A few weeks ago I turned off my ad blocker (Malware Bytes) in order to read something in a newspaper. I forgot to turn it back on for a while. I could not believe the porn on this site. Hardcore people f ucking, in color. Anybody that knows me knows that I'm not a prude. But I'm glad I wasn't in an office and opened this site without a blocker.

bonjovi90 10-03-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1259267)
Have to agree with this. Finally got a chance to watch Rock in Rio today. My god - this is not the same band that I traveled to Europe to see in 2011. And I'm not talking about Richie being gone. It was Jon's voice that drew me in all those years ago. And I guess, ultimately, it's Jon's voice that is making me cringe. The band sounds good, the lead singer sounds terrible and he sounds unlike the man who sang all this awesome music originally.

Agreed on every word. The band is working hard and sounding tight, Jon is working hard, but he is killing himself. It's like a chef incapable of preparing some decent pancakes for breakfast.

Lucky0003 10-04-2019 04:25 AM

I use the Tapatalk app on my phone to avoid all the pop ups on my PC.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xavi 10-04-2019 11:57 AM

Maybe Im wrong,but I dont remember a shorter show on a tour since The Jersey Syndicate tour.

Javier 10-04-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1259269)
Okay, maybe Iím a little selfish (A LOT) but I really enjoyed the show, to be honest I enjoy everything. So please take my opinion without details O_O >_< jajajaj.

Nothing wrong with enjoying something. And I'm happy for you that after spending all the cash to follow the band you see it as a worthwhile investment. But for most of us that have followed the band for years, that feeling that something's wrong or missing is there. Watching the RIR performance and seeing Jon painfully twist his right eye everytime he had to sing something with effort was a bit heartbreaking. Enjoyable, entertaining sure, but he's lost something no rest in the world is gonna bring back. He's still Jon, he's still driven and no matter how many times people say it, his legacy won't be ruined, its already made, but going forward something needs to change or he'll barely be able to speak within 4 years....

WhamATC 10-05-2019 09:27 PM

I do remember some KTF/NJ concerts being this short, Xavi.

LeaJovi 10-06-2019 10:01 PM

It's not anymore a matter of it being or not a good show. That was years ago when we talked about ad libs, outros, song choices, encores, surprises, etc.

It's like a degenerative disease, his voice could pull it off with caveats for a while but now it reached the point it just doesn't work. Time to pull the plug on music. Stop trying to cook without the key ingredient, it just doesn't work.

It's not even worth listening to. I could read here on the board that they played Edge of a broken heart and I wouldn't be excited one bit. I know it won't work.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-14-2019 09:36 PM

So I went to La Trattoria di Mambrino Restaurant in Lima-Peru and I went to a private area and and andÖ I have a new trauma now! >_< jajajajaj (I love all my traumasÖ O_O >_< jajajaj)

YOVANAfromPeru 12-27-2019 05:32 PM

Bon Jovi in Peru 2019: 33,213 peeps

rolo_tomachi 12-31-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1259263)
Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1259261)
Iíll Be There For You was Good!

it's unlistenable


Regrettable.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-31-2019 09:38 PM

Stop... It was good. End of the story.
PS Of course it's unlistenable 'cause that "quality" of the video stinks!!! JAJAJAJAJA

Carlos The Villan 01-11-2020 02:05 AM

Surprised they are not done after this tour with another album but doesn't surprise me that this show was horrendous, think we got lucky at Wembley where Jon could still just about manage the songs but something is seriously wrong with his vocals. Something mentioned maybe he had surgery and something went wrong.

musiccritic101 01-16-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos The Villan (Post 1260703)
Surprised they are not done after this tour with another album but doesn't surprise me that this show was horrendous, think we got lucky at Wembley where Jon could still just about manage the songs but something is seriously wrong with his vocals. Something mentioned maybe he had surgery and something went wrong.

The possiblility that Jon may have had vocal cord surgery somewhere between 2015 and the 2016 THINFS promo shows has been explored a few times on this board.
People have pointed to the fact that Jon noticably can't perform basic songs like Lost Highway,Born To Follow and Leavin' Goin On properly like he did years prior,when he performs those songs his tone is completely off and he's usually off tempo he kinda sounds breathy. His lower vocal register sounds fine it's actually deepened quite a bit since 2013,his mid range is somewhat shot,as for his high register it is also shot. Jon's mid register sounds shot because he seems to lack breathing support,the same goes for his high register.

When you look at Jon's face when he performs songs like Born To Be Your Baby,Bad Name,It's My Life and Bad Medicine, he looks like he's going to pass out which means he is lacking breathing support to sustain the mids and highs in each song.

There are two obvious scenarios that might have caused Jon's lack of breathing support,
1. Smoking (Not sure if he smokes these days but I heard he quit in 2010)
2. Jon had vocal cord surgery in an attempt to fix whatever was happening with his voice and it backfired on him and he lost any range he had left and affected his breathing when singing.

There are obvious signs to support the latter,also in 2014 right up until the 2016 promo shows Jon sounded like Jon,he still had that distinct tone in his voice that even with your eyes closed you'd know it was JBJ singing. These days Jon sounds unrecognisable even his low registers sounds way different. Even a change in vocal technique isn't enough to completely change the tone in a singer's voice.

BJFan99 01-16-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1260833)
The possiblility that Jon may have had vocal cord surgery somewhere between 2015 and the 2016 THINFS promo shows has been explored a few times on this board.
People have pointed to the fact that Jon noticably can't perform basic songs like Lost Highway,Born To Follow and Leavin' Goin On properly like he did years prior,when he performs those songs his tone is completely off and he's usually off tempo he kinda sounds breathy. His lower vocal register sounds fine it's actually deepened quite a bit since 2013,his mid range is somewhat shot,as for his high register it is also shot. Jon's mid register sounds shot because he seems to lack breathing support,the same goes for his high register.

When you look at Jon's face when he performs songs like Born To Be Your Baby,Bad Name,It's My Life and Bad Medicine, he looks like he's going to pass out which means he is lacking breathing support to sustain the mids and highs in each song.

There are two obvious scenarios that might have caused Jon's lack of breathing support,
1. Smoking (Not sure if he smokes these days but I heard he quit in 2010)
2. Jon had vocal cord surgery in an attempt to fix whatever was happening with his voice and it backfired on him and he lost any range he had left and affected his breathing when singing.

There are obvious signs to support the latter,also in 2014 right up until the 2016 promo shows Jon sounded like Jon,he still had that distinct tone in his voice that even with your eyes closed you'd know it was JBJ singing. These days Jon sounds unrecognisable even his low registers sounds way different. Even a change in vocal technique isn't enough to completely change the tone in a singer's voice.

I'd say the surgery theory is quite likely. The hoarseness and clipped tone of his voice as well as constant cracks and severe breathing/timing issues while singing are all things that didn't appear on his voice until from the first North American leg of the THINFS tour onwards.

If it were down to smoking, he'd got to have a serious problem with his lungs to sound as horrible as he does (like the early stages of pulmonary fibrosis or something), and while I certainly think Jon is an applause junkie as well as has a deep penchant for the financial rewards of his job, I don't think he's either stupid or greedy enough to play live shows with a fatal disease and therefor rip off his fans for the sake of it.

That said, he's been a smoker for the last 35 years at least, as some people here have said they saw Jon smoking off stage even as far back as on the Fahrenheit tour. He hid the habit from the public until the mid-1990s, and then, for a couple of years, it almost seemed like he was trying to make smoking a notable part of his image during the Destination Anywhere era, with him posing on many photos with a cigarette.

As for what kind of a smoker he is, I tend to think of his smoking as "on-off-and-on-again". Yes, he's had a couple of minor breaks through the years, and I believe he really tried to quit in 2010 (as it seems he was cigarette-free for a good while, judging by the restored clarity of his voice back then), but in mid-to-late 2011 he was seen smoking again during the filming breaks of the movie New Year's Eve. I also saw (obviously then-recent) photos of him smoking on an interview for a Finnish music magazine around the release of WAN, so who knows what might or might not have happened/be happening with his health nowadays - we don't know for sure if he's smoking today or not, but judging by the overall fragility of his voice as well as his facial features that seem to have aged very rapidly for his standards during the last 4-5 years (lots of wrinkles appearing quite suddenly), that would be a credible explanation as well... :(

bonjovi90 01-17-2020 01:43 AM

Vocal surgery doesn't seem unlikely, not only due already mentioned facts, but also since Paul Stanley had openly talked about a similar treatment to "fix minor issues" and had dealt with similar problems ever since.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.