Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

rolo_tomachi 09-24-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pivek (Post 1275594)
Today Johannesburg 1995, but probably 1st night. During Obie jingle there is Damned played in the background, which to my best knowledge was not played during well known 2nd night.

On one of the Johannesburg nights I think they played Something to Believe In. I'm right?

Lie to Me was played in Durban.

bonjovi90 09-24-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275595)
On one of the Johannesburg nights I think they played Something to Believe In. I'm right?

Lie to Me was played in Durban.

There's no proof that it was played pre-1996. Though I remember a review from Vancouer '95 listing it at the time. But I'd be hard pressed to believe it was done before the break. Would've been cool though since Jon's voice was much better in December of '95.

I'm hoping for night 1 since they had definitely recorded it with Letting You Go and Rockin' In The Free World having been B-sides at the time.

rolo_tomachi 09-24-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275597)
There's no proof that it was played pre-1996. Though I remember a review from Vancouer '95 listing it at the time. But I'd be hard pressed to believe it was done before the break. Would've been cool though since Jon's voice was much better in December of '95.

I'm hoping for night 1 since they had definitely recorded it with Letting You Go and Rockin' In The Free World having been B-sides at the time.

I don't know if there are any mistakes in the setlist, but if I have to choose. I want night 1.

November 30

Helter Skelter
Hey God
Livin' on a Prayer
You Give Love a Bad Name
Keep the Faith
These Days
Something for the Pain
Runaway
Something to Believe In
Dry County
Tokyo Road
Lay Your Hands on Me
Stranger in This Town
Blaze of Glory
Bad Medicine (with “Shout”)

Encore:

Damned
Diamond Ring
Rockin' All Over the World
Wanted Dead or Alive
This Ain't a Love Song

December 1

Helter Skelter
Hey God
Livin' on a Prayer
You Give Love a Bad Name
Keep the Faith
These Days
(It's Hard) Letting You Go
Bed of Roses
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Something for the Pain
Blood Money
Blaze of Glory
Lay Your Hands on Me
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Bad Medicine (with “Shout”)

Encore:

Rocking In The Free World
Always
Wanted Dead or Alive
Blood on Blood
This Ain't a Love Song

Captain_jovi 09-24-2021 03:18 PM

Damned w/Diamond Ring! Was that done frequently at the time?

Thinny 09-24-2021 03:20 PM

Have a feeling that they will go with Night 2 purely because Stranger in included on night 1 (or they might just cut it) - I can't see them including it.

rolo_tomachi 09-24-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275601)
Damned w/Diamond Ring! Was that done frequently at the time?

Mistake, the setlist is:
Damned
Diamond Ring

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-j...-43e1b7b7.html

Anyway, these setlists have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1275602)
Have a feeling that they will go with Night 2 purely because Stranger in included on night 1 (or they might just cut it) - I can't see them including it.

We do not know if Obie will put the whole thing or there will be missing songs like in Hollywood Palladium.

Thinny 09-24-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275603)
We do not know if Obie will put the whole thing or there will be missing songs like in Hollywood Palladium.

I presumed that the missing songs were because of technical issues with the recordings (Lay Your Hands On Me from Wembley and Blaze from Palladium) - but who knows when it comes to Obie's editing choices... :mrgreen:

bonjovi90 09-24-2021 04:31 PM

We neither know whether Blaze Of Glory had really been played at the Hollywood Palladium and had been purposely left out nor do we now the setlist of Night 1 in Johannesburg. That one on setlist.fm is plain bullshit.

Thinny 09-24-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275607)
We neither know whether Blaze Of Glory had really been played at the Hollywood Palladium and had been purposely left out nor do we now the setlist of Night 1 in Johannesburg. That one on setlist.fm is plain bullshit.

Something is definitely cut from the Palladium show between I'd Die For You and Bad Medicine, you can tell how the band fades in after Jon stops talking and before Bad Medicine kicks in. so my guess is that Blaze being played is correct.

Leonardo_Rufini 09-24-2021 05:36 PM

Hey guys, the older ones (China Club, Wembley Arena) are still being streamed or do they stop after a weeK?