Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Our Strength ... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70512)

nikos greece 02-17-2019 10:40 PM

Our Strength ...

Hi to everyone!!!

Most of you know me as a Bj addict and long long time member. the last years havent been very kind to the band. we all know the main issues that music output deteriorate. i d like to grab the opportunity suggest we as a forum, as team of hardcore fans take some initiative decide to pursue a couple things we d like jon to listen to...
We could start a poll here, and support with the rest social media our decision..for example a quite easy request would be to strongly ask for a proshot recording from every era...many artists have done it, it would be a great chance for the band to give back, the costs wouldnt be high, and could be offered through youtube for example and not physical copies..
i know many will think jon is reluctant towards these nostalgic re issues but like most people i think jon can be persuaded as most people, and may be in the process he may rediscover some of the special magic of each era...

Eveline 02-18-2019 12:51 AM

These days Jon pretends that the past doesn't exist so I highly doubt this initiative will be a success... :rolleyes:

Becky 02-19-2019 12:47 AM

I think it could be possible.

I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label. I think he’s at a point where he really doesn’t feel like he has something left to prove.

I only said possible, not probable.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-19-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251047)
I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label.

Phil Collen in a 2015 interview said that Bon Jovi / Def Leppard Tour nearly happened in 2013, but for something with Richie when he left that didn't really happen. And he also said in that interview that it would be really cool 'cause Def Leppard get on great with Bon Jovi

Alphavictim 02-19-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251047)
I think it could be possible.

I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label. I think he’s at a point where he really doesn’t feel like he has something left to prove.

I only said possible, not probable.

Aren't Jon and Joe Elliot friends? I think Joe had heard a recent-ish album (The Circle? THINFS?) pre-release and commented on enjoying it. Jon may (have) held resent against being lumped in with another 80s act from a career perspective (although Leppard themselves have fought the "metal band" label just as hard as BJ have), but I think he never personally disliked them or their music.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-19-2019 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1251049)
Aren't Jon and Joe Elliot friends? I think Joe had heard a recent-ish album (The Circle? THINFS?) pre-release and commented on enjoying it.

Yes, they are. It was THINFS album.
This pic was July 2016 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoPFpQCUMAAb3qb?format=jpg
when JBJ went to his house in Dublin “for a cup of tea and a biscuit”

Becky 02-19-2019 04:28 AM

Yes, they are friends. They’ve always gotten along well.

WhamATC 02-19-2019 09:20 AM

Now I know why Jon wanted to prove himself, can see why.

jon-flp 02-19-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1251027)
Hi to everyone!!!

Most of you know me as a Bj addict and long long time member. the last years havent been very kind to the band. we all know the main issues that music output deteriorate. i d like to grab the opportunity suggest we as a forum, as team of hardcore fans take some initiative decide to pursue a couple things we d like jon to listen to...
We could start a poll here, and support with the rest social media our decision..for example a quite easy request would be to strongly ask for a proshot recording from every era...many artists have done it, it would be a great chance for the band to give back, the costs wouldnt be high, and could be offered through youtube for example and not physical copies..
i know many will think jon is reluctant towards these nostalgic re issues but like most people i think jon can be persuaded as most people, and may be in the process he may rediscover some of the special magic of each era...

Great idea. But how can we make it happen in practice? Any idea?
I don't think only massive posts on facebook and instagram will be enough, as those medias are probably running by some marketing company to sell items.

Dicanio 02-19-2019 03:18 PM

It was only during the last tour that Matt tweeted that they did not need a Def Leppard or similar on the bill as Bon Jovi were big enough to sell out their own gigs. This was in response to being asked why Bon Jovi had such poor support acts in Europe compared to tours of old.

liljovi93 02-19-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1251054)
It was only during the last tour that Matt tweeted that they did not need a Def Leppard or similar on the bill as Bon Jovi were big enough to sell out their own gigs. This was in response to being asked why Bon Jovi had such poor support acts in Europe compared to tours of old.

Matt is a tit, though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 02-19-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251056)
Matt is a tit, though.

And he isn't on board anymore either if I'm not mistaken.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

james_d 02-19-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251056)
Matt is a tit, though.

Very eloquently put

YOVANAfromPeru 02-19-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1251054)

I remember that tweet... While Matt is lost in life, hihihihih (I'm kidding!) I mean, now both bands are going to be in HoF obviously they going to sell more...

Matt (not on tour anymore but still in the organization) is one of the few persons that actually can convince to JBJ to do something; for example, the 2 cruises was Matt's idea and he had to convince to JBJ about it, of course JBJ developed the "business plan" blahblahblah...

JoviForever 02-19-2019 08:04 PM

These cruise tours are one of the worst things they’ve ever done. All about the money 💰 and nothing to do with the fans! I suppose it’s been like that for long time now though!😒

YOVANAfromPeru 02-19-2019 09:28 PM

They need to do something more accessible as well!!

Matrix15 02-20-2019 05:29 PM

*Trigger warning* :p

I don't think the musical output has got drastically worse in the last nine years. I'd say THINFS is a superior collection of songs compared to WAN, and is probably as good as the circle. If you didn't like what the band have put out since 2009, you won't like what they come out with in 2019. But if you like the kind of mid-tempo adult contemporary stuff with Jons lower register, then they have been pretty consistent, although Jons voice has obviously had its issues.

I think the negative image some people have of the band now stems from two factors; 1. Richies departure and 2. Dire PR.

1. For many Bon Jovi IS Jon and Richie. This is not a judgement on Richie leaving for the reasons he did, but other bands have survived legendary splits better than Jovi did. Unfortunately it was the most dramatic thing to happen to the band in years, some fans took sides and it led to the lineup looking unrecognizable (Shanks who?) and trying to punt an album (WAN) that the ex-lead guitarist had undermined the bands faith in.

2. If Bon Jovi had half decent marketing and PR then I don't think the damage from the split would've been anywhere near as bad. The 2009 and 2013 albums were poorly promoted beyond belief (Four videos for Because we can?!). Part of what led Jon to have a massive huff and release burning bridges was the perception that the label were not supporting him. He was semi-successful and the video and media promo of THINFS was marginally better. But then you have the cruise ship fiasco...

So really, I guess what I'm saying is I think Jon needs to fire some of the goons who run his marketing, social media and manage his interactions with fans. His idiot brother is a law unto himself (although I think his influence is on the wane). Some of the disaster is down to Jons perceived strategy of trying to squeeze middle aged women for every penny they have (for a lesser product now Richie's gone). It doesn't look good to casual fans and whoever's idea it was to make him a cruse ship entertainer should be shot.

How do other people conceptualize BJ now? What do you think when you hear the bands name?

I picture Jon, looking old, serious, bordering on depressed and surrounded by hired guns. He plays polished mid-tempo rock (more limited setlists) with his million watt smile reserved for gold circle who paid the extra 50 quid.

That's not the image I want in my head. I love Bon Jovi. I just need to put on HAND or TC or even some songs on THINFS and once again I can picture the band I love. I still go to the shows because the songs are still good and you can see flashes of the old genius. I just wish the media strategy pursued was to make Jon appear less earnest and less like he was after your cash.

nikos greece 02-20-2019 07:41 PM

At first we could have some proposals as i said about some desires bj could make them happen...for me it would be hd pro shots concerts from each era, maybe not the whole show but 10-15 songs... we could end up in 4-5 suggestions and create a poll here where we all we ll vote and decide on the "better" idea or the one that is more probable to be fulfilled.
The second step would be a social media campaign via fb twitter and instagram as well as a certain 2-3 paragraph letter that we ll forward persistently to all the members of the organization we can reach. i realise success is not guranteed but since we have a vault with treasures why not make it loud and clear there is interest in all this...(jon may have lost some of the passion, its been a long ride for sure, but the past shows that he listens to the fans and i m positive we could achieve sth, also the hof success showed very clear that the fan base is still thirsty&powerfull)

ps1. the initiative the italian fanclub made shows clear that jon listens...he apologised to them for not being able to make a concert in italy and accomodated them to choose a certain section in 2-3 countries near them for the upcoming tour.

i say we give it a try

YOVANAfromPeru 02-20-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1251068)
the initiative the italian fanclub made shows clear that jon listens...he apologised to them for not being able to make a concert in italy and accomodated them to choose a certain section in 2-3 countries near them for the upcoming tour.

https://translate.google.com.pe/tran...nformazioni%2F

nikos greece 02-21-2019 12:09 AM

a more specific proposal , for example

-hammersmith 91
-milton keynes 93
-giants 89
-hyde park 2011
-hyde park 2003
-montreal 95 and many many more...

big parts of these shows for example could be made available,one every 3-6 months via the youtube channel via purchase, 5 euros the hd download for example. they wouldnt make any profit but they would easily cover the cost for obie and mike rew for example for editing mixing it.
Jon wants to avoid the past and perhaps wants to avoid highlighting Richie but i think they are in a place especially after the hof induction were they should honor the past and show the world what a legendary live act they can be...

bonjovi90 02-21-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1251074)
a more specific proposal , for example

-hammersmith 91
-milton keynes 93
-giants 89
-hyde park 2011
-hyde park 2003
-montreal 95 and many many more...

big parts of these shows for example could be made available,one every 3-6 months via the youtube channel via purchase, 5 euros the hd download for example. they wouldnt make any profit but they would easily cover the cost for obie and mike rew for example for editing mixing it.
Jon wants to avoid the past and perhaps wants to avoid highlighting Richie but i think they are in a place especially after the hof induction were they should honor the past and show the world what a legendary live act they can be...

Hyde Park 2003 is so overrated, yeah it was long, but the show wasn't great. Munich 2003 was lightyears better. As long as we request that one, I'm in.
In fact, I've already had an idea with regards to this topic, but I'm currently waiting on an answer from my friend Damned TV before posting it here.

WhamATC 02-21-2019 03:09 PM

Definitely Munich 2003.

nikos greece 02-22-2019 06:36 PM

the whole idea is not to argue about what concert was superior...i just named some... everyone is welcome to make suggestions and end up on the top 5 fan favorite concerts we d all liked to purchase to have in pro shot...the idea is for all of us to participate, vote and support as much as we can the result, despite if we had voted different,
ps. in the end if we are lucky and the idea comes nto fruition we may get a couple and not just one..
(could an administrator or anyone start a poll cause i dont know how...?)):D

JoviForever 02-22-2019 08:03 PM

Today’s newes won’t help Jon’s image - it seems now that one of his best friends is a sexual predator! If proven I wonder if he will cut his ties although it won’t help his cause to buy a football team.

Rdkopper 02-22-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1251122)
Today’s newes won’t help Jon’s image - it seems now that one of his best friends is a sexual predator! If proven I wonder if he will cut his ties although it won’t help his cause to buy a football team.

I need to jump in on this one.

My biggest complaint about Jon is the fact that he thrives on hanging around with these high profile liberal scum bags... Politicians, sport team owners, etc and they are nothing more than just a bunch of corrupt dirt balls... Hillary Clinton and now this piece of shit.

In all honesty, I really doubt Jon has any involvement with this at all... not to mention the fact that his wife is with him 100% of time.

I also don't think it will hurt Jon's reputation either but it couldn't hurt for him to have second thoughts about chasing Bob around next post season.

Like Howard suggested, Jon needs to just stick to his music... Enough with owning a Sports Team, Enough with Hillary Clinton, enough with Cory Booker. (Just wait to you hear all the corruption on this guy if he tries to take on Trump)

Lastly, I hate when he refers to his music career and "his job". "My job doesn't define who I am"... Can he sound any less passionate about his music? I read that statement like he's really much more than just a rock star and almost embarrassed to be one... Because Bob Kraft and Hillary Clinton wouldn't approve of that...

Jon does a lot of good stuff especially for NJ and PA. I just hope he's using these people to help his programs and not just doing these programs to get in with these people.. Following Jon for a long time, I'm going with option A... but as a Republican and a music fan, it breaks my heart to see Jon paling around with them...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Dicanio 02-23-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1251122)

Not his only friend to be labelled as such...

nikos greece 02-24-2019 10:34 PM

i believe the moderators should delete the last posts
and everyone should either try to contribute in this idea/post and participate
or start a new thread instead of derayling this one with totally off topic responses

Captain Walrus 02-25-2019 09:36 PM

I won't delete them, but there certainly doesn't need to be three conversations about the same thing, please keep it out of here!

YOVANAfromPeru 02-26-2019 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251123)
Enough with owning a Sports Team

Check.
As per that podcast that JBJ posted on his twitter:
"No longer
No!
My scars are now heal."

Rdkopper 02-26-2019 03:47 AM

Exactly!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk