Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #13 - Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, April 26th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70913)

Kevs 04-28-2022 08:33 PM

Like Austin I for the most part enjoyed the show because I do consider myself to be a diehard and just want to see the band and sing along

Seemed to be issues getting people in the doors on time even though it was not sold out
The set list needed changing again but Houston got screwed as the set was not completed and was less than 2 hours (1:58). JBJ got a bee in his bonnet over something and was complaining to someone via his mic. This could have led to him calling it quits earlier or could be another Diva esque moment. With 2 full days off between shows I would have expected a little better
I had better seats for this show but when seats are comfy it’s easier to sit-down even against my better judgement
We did have some idiot behind us shouting play the hits; I like many want something rare. This is the issue now at shows because so many casual ‘fans’ don’t know the albums and just some hits. I was close to turning around and finding the idiot. Also some don’t like JBJ taking about the war in Ukraine, even as an intro to IML
Again the band was solid, the energy was great during the bigger songs; it’s just the lead singer has issues with his voice, not everyone notices it and some certainly can’t compare to past performances

Given that the set list has stagnated again I think 2 shows were enough on this tour for me, but I will be gutted if something new gets played in Dallas.
I can’t say this will be my last show, I don’t want it to be but could it be the last time I go to the US to seem them????

DestinationJovi 04-28-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1279562)
This really breaks my heart. And I can l’t even image how JB must be feeling right now.

According to all my understanding, LOAP was playback from start to finish on that video clip. Of course I am no pro, I have no deeper knowledge on the technical aspects of a live rock concert whatsoever.

Do we all agree on this on the forum? For the first time ever, JB lip synched a whole song in a live show? Do we know this for sure, based on what we saw on that clip? Can we 100% confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thousand percent, yes. Absolutely no doubt that he lip synced the entire song. He clearly had no other option at that point with his major struggles on HAND, but he has now become what he swore he would never be.

I expect these last two shows to be his last as Bon Jovi.

B.J. Always 04-29-2022 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1279590)
One thousand percent, yes. Absolutely no doubt that he lip synced the entire song. He clearly had no other option at that point with his major struggles on HAND, but he has now become what he swore he would never be.

I expect these last two shows to be his last as Bon Jovi.

So much for the Last Man Standing :(

Rdkopper 04-29-2022 03:55 AM

How many more LMS references or lyrics will I have to read before this tour is over?

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 04-29-2022 04:08 AM

I think people are completely overreacting over this. It's one freaking song throughout the entire tour.

They had to put together an entire track of the song instead of just filling in the certain parts with just the key changes. Having someone sit behind a soundboard trying to time all those tracks would be a complete nighmare so for timing purposes they completed the song from start to finish.

Jon is definitely singing the verses over himself. "They say we gotta hold on" is when he truly lip syncs but even then you can hear him singing.. The band pretty much handles the chorus and there even parts then where "I think" he sings.

He's not 100% voiceless. He's singing over a completed track of himself. Obviously not the entire thing but a percent of it.

joloriquelme 04-29-2022 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1279606)
I think people are completely overreacting over this. It's one freaking song throughout the entire tour.

They had to put together an entire track of the song instead of just filling in the certain parts with just the key changes. Having someone sit behind a soundboard trying to time all those tracks would be a complete nighmare so for timing purposes they completed the song from start to finish.

Jon is definitely singing the verses over himself. "They say we gotta hold on" is when he truly lip syncs but even then you can hear him singing.. The band pretty much handles the chorus and there even parts then where "I think" he sings.

He's not 100% voiceless. He's singing over a completed track of himself. Obviously not the entire thing but a percent of it.

We aren't overreacting. Did you saw the other songs videos?

Did you listen how that man is singing?

It isn't only about the playback on a song. We are talking about a Rock and roll legend that lost his voice, can't sing, but it sill doing shows and it's embarrasing for him (and us).

Captain_jovi 04-29-2022 04:52 AM

He's in too deep. I don't know if it was planned for him to lipsync the song but obviously the show was cut short with the only song remaining being the hardest to sing. I don't blame him for doing it. I don't LOVE it but something is clearly messed up with his voice and you can't not sing the song everyone is there for.

I DO think people are overreacting. Anger I don't understand, sadness I get. But the constant mentions of Last Man Standing are stale as hell considering how much of the song has been lipsynced for 30 years.

Rdkopper 04-29-2022 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1279607)
We aren't overreacting. Did you saw the other songs videos?

Did you listen how that man is singing?

It isn't only about the playback on a song. We are talking about a Rock and roll legend that lost his voice, can't sing, but it sill doing shows and it's embarrasing for him (and us).

I'm just talking about the lip sync. I don't think much playback is being used elsewhere... Historically, he uses playback for the opener to coordinate the lighting.

As far as his singing goes, there is no overreacting there. It's embarrassing... But the people at the shows don't seem to mind .

steel_horse75 04-29-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1279605)
How many more LMS references or lyrics will I have to read before this tour is over?

Well it’s the last chance of a life a time…….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jack27 04-29-2022 11:59 AM

I think the fact that they had it ready shows that behind the scenes everyone is aware of Jon's vocal struggles. As someone suggested earlier, you can see in HAND that he goes over to the stage mic (we assume) to trigger the call for LOAP to be playback. I guess they only have it for Prayer though because he had to come out to try and sing Wanted?