Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

rolo_tomachi 08-19-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205106)
Hey hey, let's not make this a Jovi v. Metallica situation ;)

But you're absolutely right - Metallica still have huge drawing power, their live shows are still some of the best around, and the two full releases they've had since the turn of the century each have their fair share of 'relevant' and/or kick-ass tracks. Yes, even St. Anger (which I personally love!). The prospect of a double album has excited me immensely, and given the initial reaction to Hardwired, has excited many other people too!

I did not want to compare but panda has forced me.

Bon Jovi could do as Metallica, releasing an album every four or five years, creating expectation and ensure their fan base, adding more rock.

Regarding the video and the song, I like it. The beginning of the song reminds me Holier Than Thou.

Rdkopper 08-19-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205109)
I did not want to compare but panda has forced me.

Bon Jovi could do as Metallica, releasing an album every four or five years, creating expectation and ensure their fan base, adding more rock.

Regarding the video and the song, I like it. The beginning of the song reminds me Holier Than Thou.

There is no guarantee of quality. TBH, the more recent Metallica albums have been no better than Bon Jovi albums... The main difference is, their frontman keeps it real and Jon pulled a 360

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 08-19-2016 08:17 PM

Metallica new single video ---- 2.228.000 views in 21 hours
Bon Jovi new single video ---- 1.746.000 views in 7 days

Alphavictim 08-20-2016 03:58 AM

Richie Sambora new single: -

Rdkopper 08-20-2016 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205122)
Metallica new single video ---- 2.228.000 views in 21 hours
Bon Jovi new single video ---- 1.746.000 views in 7 days

The song sucks and the comments fans are leaving are even worse than Bon Jovis... it's all been done, there is nothing left

KSantaFe 08-20-2016 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1205148)
The song sucks and the comments fans are leaving are even worse than Bon Jovis... it's all been done, there is nothing left

Are you a fan of the band? Or do you just enjoy throwing your opinion around about everything under the sun?

Rdkopper 08-20-2016 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205149)
Are you a fan of the band? Or do you just enjoy throwing your opinion around about everything under the sun?

Huge Metallica fan!!!! That's my era but this new song is a mix of Saint Anger with an attempt to go old school. It's forced and just doesn't work for me.... is that better?

KSantaFe 08-20-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1205150)
Huge Metallica fan!!!! That's my era but this new song is a mix of Saint Anger with an attempt to go old school. It's forced and just doesn't work for me.... is that better?

Yeah that is better. I can totally accept that as being your opinion. Your posts are sometimes quite abrasive, and you often state things as factual where they are certainly just opinion - something you accuse Old Joy of. There isn't any valid statistical method of judging whether the comments on the BJ video are any better than those on Hardwired. In terms of actual data, THINFS has only a slightly better like/dislike ratio when compared to Hardwired - nonetheless, I still don't how you came to that conclusion regarding the comments.

In my opinion, Hardwired is very much "back-to-roots" - or as "back-to-roots" we can hope for. It progresses like a Kill Em All track and yet carries a Dyer's Eve vibe with DM production (which admittedly I'm not a fan of). There is something St. Anger-esque there too, but without that shitty snare sound, nor the elongated riffage - so I don't really see the problem. Unless of course you just didn't like the actual songwriting for that album. Vocals are also top notch in my opinion - better than half of DM at least.

I'm interested to know what your favourite Metallica albums/songs are? And what kind of album would you like them to release?

Rdkopper 08-20-2016 07:00 AM

I mean who doesn't like The Black album but the real core of Metallica is everything prior... And Justice For All was their first breakthrough commercial success in America... But to be honest, I can't pick a favorite. Songs like Seek and Destroy are just classic Metallica and still get me going... if I had to pic one, it might be Fade To Black... Killer drumming... I wasn't crazy about Load and ReLoad... Something was off... There were a few great ones and maybe if they just combined the best from the two together, I might have a different opinion but they tried to create the Black album magic and it just didn't work... after that my Metallica obsession kinda went away for a while... I liked alot of covers from Garage Days but that was what it was... just like with Bon Jovi, they've done it all and I don't think much is left in the tank... I need to hear both albums to post a real opinion as to where they are now... but I'd love a Metallic tour and even more so and GNR / Metallica tour like the old days...

KSantaFe 08-20-2016 08:52 AM

The Black Album is such a likable record - almost too likable for some fans! Fade to Black is also one of my favourites ... the verses are just so innovative and almost 'risky' when you put the record into context (at least from my understanding of that era). Bleeding Me from Load is actually my favourite track - it just evokes emotions that few songs can. In fact, my two favourite Metallica albums are Load and AFJA ... they show two totally different sides of the band. Anyway, thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear the opinion of others on the music you love, which is why I signed up to Jovitalk in the first place.