Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 14th 2017 - Estadio Monumental, Santiago, Chile thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70088)

ezearis 09-12-2017 09:47 AM

September 14th 2017 - Estadio Monumental, Santiago, Chile thread

I get that there isn't a lot of excitement for this tour but the show is in TWO DAYS and still no thread?

Last show was back in September 24 with Nickelback as their opening act. For those who don't remember, last tour there was not only no Richie but also Tico couldn't make it because of an appendicitis and Rich Scanella had to fill-in, so the date had to be moved.

In that context the setlist was:

1. That's What the Water Made Me
2. You Give Love a Bad Name
3. Raise Your Hands
4. Runaway
5. Lost Highway
6. Whole Lot of Leavin'
7. It's My Life
8. Because We Can
9. What About Now
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Keep the Faith
12. Captain Crash
13. We Weren't Born to Follow
14. Who Says You Can't Go Home
15. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
16. Bad Medicine/Shout

Encore:
17. In These Arms
18. Born to be my Baby
19. Wanted
20. Have a Nice Day
21. Prayer
22. Always

This year I won't be going to Chile as I did last tour but I still hope they have a great setlist and show. Will be checking to see what to expect in Buenos Aires two days later.

Edit:

Setlist:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1227734)
1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Raise Your Hands
3. Knockout
4. Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Lost Highway
7. Born To Follow
8. Sleep
9. Runaway
10. We Don't Run
11. Saturday Night (acoustic)
12. Bed Of Roses
13. It's My Life
14. Who Says
15. God Bless This Mess
16. Wanted
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Have A Nice Day
19. Captain Crash
20. Bad Medicine

Encore:

21. In These Arms
22. I'll Be There For You
23. Prayer

Encore 2:

24. These Days
25. Keep The Faith

Next stop, Buenos Aires.

BJFan99 09-12-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1227594)
I get that there isn't a lot of exitement for this tour but the show is in TWO DAYS and still no thread?

Last show was back in September 24 with Nickelback as their opening act. For those who don't remember, last tour there was not only no Richie but also Tico couldn't make it because of an appendicitis and Rich Scanella had to fill-in, so the date had to be moved.

In that context the setlist was:

1. That's What the Water Made Me
2. You Give Love a Bad Name
3. Raise Your Hands
4. Runaway
5. Lost Highway
6. Whole Lot of Leavin'
7. It's My Life
8. Because We Can
9. What About Now
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Keep the Faith
12. Captain Crash
13. We Weren't Born to Follow
14. Who Says You Can't Go Home
15. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
16. Bad Medicine/Shout

Encore:
17. In These Arms
18. Born to be my Baby
19. Wanted
20. Have a Nice Day
21. Prayer
22. Always

This year I won't be going to Chile as I did last tour but I still hope they have a great setlist and show. Will be checking to see what to expect for Buenos Aires two days later.

The encore was pretty good, but the main set was such a snoozefest it was ridiculous. I mean, the threesome of Crash/Follow/Who Says makes me cringe even when I just think about it. Also, the LH/WLOL "double shot" basically never works outside the USA, at least as far as I'm aware of. I certainly hope (and actually even think) that the set list will be better this year.

jovifan93 09-12-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1227595)
The encore was pretty good, but the main set was such a snoozefest it was ridiculous. I mean, the threesome of Crash/Follow/Who Says makes me cringe even when I just think about it. Also, the LH/WLOL "double shot" basically never works outside the USA, at least as far as I'm aware of. I certainly hope (and actually even think) that the set list will be better this year.

Tastes differ, I guess. Crash is great fun live, Follow is better on the album (never got the over-use of synths live, but that changed this tour), but still a good song, and Who Says is their last "hit" and has a great (if overly long) sing-along. BWC on the other hand, I could've done without...

bonjovi90 09-12-2017 11:19 AM

They did this three-some in Munich 2013 as well and even though the crowd participation was decent, I thought it was the most boring part of the three hour set.
Then again, it wasn't as bad as in Dusseldorf 2011 where they did The More Things Change / Crash / We Got IT Going On in a row since these are three of my most hated songs :D

ezearis 09-12-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1227600)
Tastes differ, I guess. Crash is great fun live, Follow is better on the album (never got the over-use of synths live, but that changed this tour), but still a good song, and Who Says is their last "hit" and has a great (if overly long) sing-along. BWC on the other hand, I could've done without...

Maybe in the US. I remember this gig in Chile, when those songs started the croud went mute. He said the "It's All Right!" and nobody even replied.

WSYCGH wasn't a hit here in S.A., had zero airplay. I've even heard Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning or Because We Can more in local radios (in Argentina), I think I even heard more Superman Tonight haha (zero against twice).

The band last big hit was Have A Nice Day and song with decent airplay might have been be Make A Memory.

Eveline 09-12-2017 04:07 PM

I'd love to hear IBTFY, MAM or BOR again :)

jovifan93 09-12-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1227601)
They did this three-some in Munich 2013 as well and even though the crowd participation was decent, I thought it was the most boring part of the three hour set.
Then again, it wasn't as bad as in Dusseldorf 2011 where they did The More Things Change / Crash / We Got IT Going On in a row since these are three of my most hated songs :D

I don't get the hate for The More Things Change. It's a nice, "rolling"/flowing song with a twist. Especially love the "we're gonna hit the hook one more time" part ;-) But yeah, it's nothing "special", but I like it.

bonjovi90 09-12-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1227618)
I don't get the hate for The More Things Change. It's a nice, "rolling"/flowing song with a twist. Especially love the "we're gonna hit the hook one more time" part ;-) But yeah, it's nothing "special", but I like it.

I initially did like it a bit on the GH album, but somehow started to hate it when I first heard it live in Munich. :D

liljovi93 09-12-2017 06:53 PM

I always remember thinking that the mini 'ahhhh' he does before the end chorus would have been 10x better 10-15 years earlier. It always sounds like he is about to belt out a scream but actually doesn't. It's a poor song, in my opinion.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Eveline 09-12-2017 08:14 PM

Phil X just tweeted the band rehearsed some stuff they haven't played yet so I guess we're in for some 'rarities', can't wait!