Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 09-11-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258882)
Can't tell if you meant to emphasize that word or are giving us a hint about the new song/new album.

Hmmm.....

Don't read too much into everything [emoji39]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-11-2019 05:03 PM

But on the other hand, tell me you can't see a song called "Hope" appearing. I mean really!

jon-flp 09-11-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258881)
Yeah let's HOPE is a good album.

HOPE is delicious!

Jack27 09-11-2019 05:31 PM

Did anyone see Shanks' Instagram this morning with the orchestra?

bonjovi90 09-11-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258884)
But on the other hand, tell me you can't see a song called "Hope" appearing. I mean really!

I can see it, but I fear it the same time

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Butters 09-11-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1258867)
Is anyone really arsed about the new album?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not really. Given that JBJ can't sing anymore, there's no sense that the songs on the album feel real. I'll definitely listen to them, and I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot of the record, but, it's all over when the lead singer of the band can't sing. No amount of studio smoke-and-mirrors can change that fact.

rolo_tomachi 09-12-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1258888)
Not really. Given that JBJ can't sing anymore, there's no sense that the songs on the album feel real. I'll definitely listen to them, and I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot of the record, but, it's all over when the lead singer of the band can't sing. No amount of studio smoke-and-mirrors can change that fact.

Well, I think some tricks work for him. We Don't Run seems like a very compelling song, especially his voice, like WWYDF or WWWU, so Jon can still deliver something powerful if he proposes it.

Butters 09-12-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1258892)
Well, I think some tricks work for him. We Don't Run seems like a very compelling song, especially his voice, like WWYDF or WWWU, so Jon can still deliver something powerful if he proposes it.

I think the evidence is clear that JBJ cannot deliver something powerful, let alone something even bearable to listen to. His live performances over the last five years prove that definitively. I do agree that there is some studio ****ery that can be used to make him sound, not even bearable, but really good! Hence, why I'm sure I will like some or most of the record. However, I know it is all lies and he can't actually deliver the songs and that just sucks all of the magic out of it.

It would be like if somebody created a technology that really accurately mimicked a person's voice and used it to create a new Elvis Presley album in 2020. Would I listen to it? Yeah. Might I like some of the songs? Yeah. Is it the same as listening to an actual Elvis song? Nah, because it isn't real. And ironically enough, Jon summed it up perfectly in Last Man Standing.

PanosBonJovi 09-12-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1258816)
I wasnt a fan at the time, but Bounce and HAND were quite political so I’d be shocked if he never said something along those lines.

I think Bounce was a solid rock album though. I loved it.

Matrix15 09-13-2019 03:07 PM

Why bother releasing a new album? If Jon wants an adult contemporary album with a political twist he could just re-release a 10th anniversary edition of The Circle. Call it 'The Oval' (office).

Most of the political gubbins on TC still holds up today. Although he might have to rename track 11 to reflect the new President - "Crappy now".

EDIT: Maybe the Soldier with PTSD Jon talks about is the same guy from 'Army of One' a few years later!