Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 09-27-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259080)
That'd make no sense. The song was written with half Italian lyrics and an arrangement to fit Pavarotti's tenor voice. I doubt that Jon even remembers it.

Bingo bango. The band surprises me time and time again but Jon reusing the title is infinitely more likely then digging up a song from 1996 performed once with Pavarotti.

pudge104 09-27-2019 08:33 PM

There no chance it’s the same song, good grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovi98 09-27-2019 11:16 PM

I hope that in January/February we'll could hear the new material...(although more probably we'll couldn't hear nothing before spring or summer I bet... ), anyway I think they'll be about 15 songs (Jon recorded about 25 songs for the new album( if those informations from the web are true) , and if after the new album there will be really a box set I'll be very happy with this....(I hope that Jon will put "One To Say Goodbye" in the next box set...) I' m excited, i can't wait :)

Captain_jovi 09-28-2019 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1259084)
I hope that in January/February we'll could hear the new material...(although more probably we'll couldn't hear nothing before spring or summer I bet... ), anyway I think they'll be about 15 songs (Jon recorded about 25 songs for the new album( if those informations from the web are true) , and if after the new album there will be really a box set I'll be very happy with this....(I hope that Jon will put "One To Say Goodbye" in the next box set...) I' m excited, i can't wait :)

You hope there's going to be 15 songs on the album?

bonjovi90 09-28-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259085)

Didn't Jon just say there'll be 10 songs on the album?
I'd rather have 10 rather decent ones with maybe two or three failures than an album of 15 where over the half goes down the drain.

Captain_jovi 09-28-2019 01:21 AM

Yeah it's supposedly 10 which is great. Knowing not every song recorded is making the cut tells me they're at least being choosy.

Jovi98 09-28-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259085)

I meant that usually their albums contain about 15 songs(for example Lost Highway contains 15 songs in total... Including the bonus tracks), WAN contains in total 17 songs, so new album could be composed by 10 songs (+ eventually about 3/4 bonus tracks) :)

JackieBlue 09-28-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259080)
That'd make no sense. The song was written with half Italian lyrics and an arrangement to fit Pavarotti's tenor voice. I doubt that Jon even remembers it.

I thought she meant why not use the same title again, not that he'd do the same song. But after reading the lyrics, I wonder if he's reworked the original to come up with something that works for the band. Those lyrics fit pretty well with the theme he's suggested.

JoviForever 09-28-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259087)
Yeah it's supposedly 10 which is great. Knowing not every song recorded is making the cut tells me they're at least being choosy.

Not many songs to choose from though. Hopefully it will be quality overly quantity!

9Songs4U 09-28-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259096)
I thought she meant why not use the same title again, not that he'd do the same song. But after reading the lyrics, I wonder if he's reworked the original to come up with something that works for the band. Those lyrics fit pretty well with the theme he's suggested.

Thank you! I was reading the lyrics and I think that indeed it has the kind of content Jon was talking about. Maybe at the moment 1998 when it was written, it didn't fit into Bon Jovi, but he could certainly change words and make it match, because the song with Pavarotti didn't have any impact at the moment.